Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-14-2008, 11:22 PM   #1
thebus36idf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6089
Default NOW THAT WAS PITTSBURGH FOOTBALL

Balanced, kept with the run, short passes, and slants, clock management keep the game close, and wear them down on the last drive. What a way to get it going just in time for the palyoffs. The offensive line even looked pretty good against a great defense.

What do you guy think. many have been calling for this kinda game all year. Is it a situation where Arians finally got the picture, or was it just a fluke. Was this just a gameplan that kinda fell togehter at the right time because of the need for this kinda offense against a defense that doesn't allow big plays. Or did we finally realize that we need to play small ball as some would say to control this game? Did the Steelers just execute a gameplan they have been trying to execute all season, and were unable too, or did our gameplan change entirely.

I don't exactly know maybe you guys can help with these questions, but aside from the one play where Ben tried to force it, and a couple of dropped balls that should have been caught, and our terrible punting game, (all of which is to be expected besides the punting game which we must adress) this was a game that I believe if continued will bring us to this years Superbowl. I don't see anyone beating us if we continue playing like this. So today ,and for the remainder of this week I can rest at ease, put all my past doubts aside, and focus on our seeding. This definitely is not a week for crticism, but praise. So Praise it is Great Job Guys Can't wait until next week. Or maybe I can I will relish in this victory.

Just a side note. Expect to hear controversy on that touchdown, which was clearly a TD. However we were on a roll, and I firmly believe we would have won that game either way that call went. I also would like to say in the event of a loss I would still hold the same confidence I do now, because of the mere fact that our boys played well all the way around.

Peace & Grace Doug
thebus36idf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:56 AM   #2
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,059 Times in 1,293 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: NOW THAT WAS PITTSBURGH FOOTBALL

That was one hell of a game the steelers moved the ball when they had to our deffense stepped up that was some good steeler football.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:22 AM   #3
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 2292
Default Re: NOW THAT WAS PITTSBURGH FOOTBALL

Great football game yesterday. We keep winning. I love to see this team continue to get closer and make plays when needed to win games. I am sure there will be plenty of bodies lining up for the hot tub this week.
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote