Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-16-2008, 07:18 AM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Let's face it: Pittsburgh owns the Browns

Let's face it: Pittsburgh owns the Browns
http://www.morningjournal.com/articl...s/mj354993.txt

Monday, December 15, 2008 1:18 AM EST

It utterly pains me to admit it, but I'm green with envy of Pittsburgh Steelers fans.

Since the return of the Cleveland Browns in 1999, most Browns fans have realized the Steelers have been running circles around our boys in brown and orange and laughing at us in the process. We've realized it Browns fans are masochists, not idiots but most of us just haven't admitted it publicly.

We've held on to:

"We'll get them next time we play them!"

"Butch Davis is closing the gap on Bill Cowher, and Cowher knows it and is scared to death!" (My personal favorite.)

"We're on our way up, and they're getting old and on their way down."

After watching Pittsburgh not only defeat Baltimore on the road, but witnessing them come from behind for the second consecutive week in the game's waning minutes and improve to 11-3 this season, while our Brownies sit at a disappointing 4-9, I realized it's time for all Browns fans to come clean and admit it: the Steelers own the Browns. They are big brother who kick our butt some times because we deserve it and some times just to remind us that they can.

While we're the fans who try to rationalize our perennial underachievements by blaming injuries, bad luck and the curse of Paul Brown, the Steelers fans enjoy its team's annual journey to the playoffs.

Pittsburgh has enjoyed an incredible amount of stability over the last three decades, but there has been some change in ownership from father to sons, the front office, the coaching staff and, of course, with the players. But, the one thing that hasn't changed is the Steelers consistently win. Sure, Pittsburgh had a couple of down seasons with Bubby Brister, Cliff Stout, Weegie Thompson and Merrill Hodge, but the fact remains that they have missed the playoffs only as many times as Cleveland has qualified for the playoffs in the same span of time.

The thing that cuts to the bone about this year's Steelers is that they are an incredibly flawed team. They've been bitten by the injury bug, the offensive line is as weak as it has been in over a decade, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has been a human punching bag and has made dozens of bone-headed mistakes that would sink lesser teams.

But the Steelers' vaunted 3-4 defense, the brain-child of defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau, has kept Pittsburgh in every game this season. Pittsburgh's defense has been so incredibly good and intimidating that they have flipped the traditional football script that usually has the offense attacking the defense, and the defense counter punching

The Steelers attack, attack and then attack some more until the opposing offense crawls into a fetal position on the ground and mumbles, "Please make the bad men stop."

Baltimore's defense created several short-field opportunities for its offense yesterday, but coach John Harbaugh was too afraid to do anything with the field position other than run the ball straight into the line three times and settle for field goals.

It's frustrating to watch Steelers defensive players flying to the quarterback unimpeded several times a game a freakin' jail break while the Browns have struggled to get any pressure whatsoever on the quarterback the last four seasons under coach Romeo Crennel, who was a reputed 3-4 guru while serving as Bill Belichick's defensive coordinator at New England.

I can't stand Pittsburgh Steelers fans, but would trade places with them in a Steel City minute.

Morning Journal sports editor Erik G. Pupillo is filling in for Jason Lloyd during December.

(Nothing like being inside the heads of the Browns fans. Here's a comment from a Brownie to the article. Some of the other comments are entertaining as well. - mesa

" I hate everything black and gold, but love the way they play. The organization is spectacular. They get ghetto trash, they send it on its way. They never spend big money, but yet always win, whos the last big free agent they signed? Remember randel el? who's he? Santonio holmes will be gone next he's ghetto trash, Plaxico ghetto trash. Porter trash gone

You come to pittsburgh to win, the owner backs it up. no self serving numbers here. if so get out.

So to all you pittsburgh fans I hate everything about you, but dang do i wish My team was like yours.

My eight year old ask me yesterday, Dad why do you keep rooting for the Browns and not for Pittsburgh they always win and we always lose? why are kids so much smarter then us? ")
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:51 AM   #2
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 2292
Default Re: Let's face it: Pittsburgh owns the Browns

Tell us something we don't already know. And Mesa that was meant for the article not you. Thanks for posting.

Last edited by markymarc; 12-16-2008 at 08:03 AM.
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:06 AM   #3
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

All the Browns boards have melted down long ago, they are one apathetic lot right now.

Burn them Brownstains jerseys and buy Steelers stuff - all y'all know you want to.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:51 AM   #4
Burghfan58
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10872

Apparently everyone owns the Browns after watching that pathetic performance last night.

Steelers can't win it every year. Some teams can't win it any year.
Burghfan58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:19 AM   #5
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
They are big brother who kick our butt some times because we deserve it and some times just to remind us that they can.
I think this about says it all!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:47 AM   #6
BozMan
Starter

Member Number: 3027

Quote:
The Steelers attack, attack and then attack some more until the opposing offense crawls into a fetal position on the ground and mumbles, "Please make the bad men stop."
LOL, awesome.
BozMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:53 AM   #7
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,056 Times in 557 Posts

This team the last 10 years aren't the Browns. As great as it is to pound the pound every year, the real Browns have been wearing Black and Purple the last 13 years.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:54 AM   #8
Fire Haley
Banned

Browns fan watching the Steelers/Ratbird game - this says it all.

Watching this game is making me honestly depressed.

Unless Quinn becomes an absolute stud of a QB, we're doomed for the next 10 years.

Roethlisberger is a machine...Flacco shows poise and touch...

Throw in Palmer coming back (even if he's on a crappy team, the fact that he's a 5 star QB will keep the Bengals respectable)...we'd be the only team in the division without a QB if Quinn isn't the guy.

We haven't even played yet and I'm already getting upset...I feel like I'm in NFL hell. I really can't take much more of this.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:05 AM   #9
BozMan
Starter

Member Number: 3027

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Browns fan watching the Steelers/Ratbird game - this says it all.

Watching this game is making me honestly depressed.

Unless Quinn becomes an absolute stud of a QB, we're doomed for the next 10 years.

Roethlisberger is a machine...Flacco shows poise and touch...

Throw in Palmer coming back (even if he's on a crappy team, the fact that he's a 5 star QB will keep the Bengals respectable)...we'd be the only team in the division without a QB if Quinn isn't the guy.

We haven't even played yet and I'm already getting upset...I feel like I'm in NFL hell. I really can't take much more of this.
Well, if Quinn does pan out and Palmer fully recovers, then the AFC North would arguably be the most well-rounded division in the league, QB-wise.
BozMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:33 AM   #10
Fire Haley
Banned

Watching Joe Thomas get tossed around like a rag doll, I'd say they need a new OL too.

The fans are already souring on Brady Quinn, their new messiah is 1-2....and done.