Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 12-17-2008, 10:50 AM   #1
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Fire the Steeler Fans

After much deliberation and after carefully scanning the bleacher section of Madden NFL 09, I have come to the inevitible conclusion that our beloved Steelers would be better off without us fans.

Dont get me wrong, I have a great deal of respect for those who bleed the black and gold....who stoicly bare the arctic conditions of Pittsburgh winters...and who plan their weddings and strangley enough, their funerals around Steeler games.

But lets not forget the other Steelers fans.

What about those who, while not actually "game watchers" take time out of their busy schedule to watch the ESPN highlights? What about those who wisely avoid the criticisms of a well thought-out opinion and instead sagely adopt the sports radio talking heads viewpoint as their own? And let us not forget those fans who simply play devils-advocate to all things Steelers. Those who think themselves above the mob-mentality of the rest of us "kool-aid drinkers". Who think that by poo-pooing the 11-3 Steelers, they have reached sports Nirvana through enlightenment.

Yep. Fire all us.

All the Steelers have given us is an enjoyable product. A team that has had its champions, its warriors, and yes even its characters bleed upon a field of green for our entire lifetimes. A team that for the last 30 + years has rewarded us fans with memorable games, championships, and Super bowls.

Why should such a team think that they deserve more than criticism about its owners being cheap. What makes them think that just because their current QB has won more games in his first five years than ANY QB IN HISTORY did in their first five, we should give him the benefit of a doubt if he has a bad game. I mean, please, Sports radio said this morning that Carson is better than Ben...what more proof do you need?

They should let us all go...if they dont understand that the all important and unrefutable statistics show that 9 out of 7 Steelers fans believe 3 important things:
1) We know football better than those who have coached and managed the game at a profession level and 2) We who have spilled beer in the stands have more at stake on Sunday then those who spill their blood on the field.
Yep...the stats dont lie.

So.... since we are all so underappreciated and ignored....since the team refuses to listen to us when we demand they cut our starters and begin from scratch...since they think that an 11-3 team is acceptable when we all KNOW better.

Fire the fans.

Dr. Spencer Wells
The American Black & Gold Troll Association
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:55 AM   #2
Hammer Of The GODS
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 8148
Default Re: Fire the Steeler Fans

Old 12-17-2008, 11:01 AM   #3
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Yeah, I get it. Tomlin's a better coach than me, and Parker's a better running back than me. That still doesn't mean he doesn't suck compared to other professional football players.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:03 AM   #4
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
Yeah, I get it. Tomlin's a better coach than me, and Parker's a better running back than me. That still doesn't mean he doesn't suck compared to other professional football players.
You got it?....good.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:15 AM   #5
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Yes, I get it. Unless I can physically outperform someone else on the football field, I have no right to assume that another professional athlete could do a better job than them. And unless I have more NFL coaching experience than someone else, I should just assume they always made the right move, and in fact I shouldn't even bother to form an opinion about any of their decisions.

But no, seriously, all you're doing is repeating one of the most tired go-to arguments in sports. Shouldn't question what the team's doing because they know better than us fans? Guess what -- that's just part of following a team.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:19 AM   #6
DACEB
Banned

Member Number: 2911

Pick up your pink slips as you file out!
DACEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:32 AM   #7
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

I think the point the good Dr. is making is that we have an 11-3 team, yet all people want to do is whine and bitch and moan about...well, everything. I firmly believe that if the Steelers win the SB, there will still be people on this board bitching about something that happened during the game. I mean, we STILL hear about how horrible Ben was in XL, when the last time I checked, they WON!

Criticism is fine. When you argue over...and over...and over...and over again about the same damn thing, then it gets a little old and the thoughts that the fans are never happy about anything gains a little steam. But the way some people have been acting, you'd think we're 3-11 instead of 11-3. The seemingly endless negativity on this board and on other boards has gotten just a bit out of hand.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:35 AM   #8
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
Yes, I get it. Unless I can physically outperform someone else on the football field, I have no right to assume that another professional athlete could do a better job than them. And unless I have more NFL coaching experience than someone else, I should just assume they always made the right move, and in fact I shouldn't even bother to form an opinion about any of their decisions.

But no, seriously, all you're doing is repeating one of the most tired go-to arguments in sports. Shouldn't question what the team's doing because they know better than us fans? Guess what -- that's just part of following a team.
Okay ...you dont get it.

1) Everyone already knows your opinion and any venom towards your opinion is based more on its repetition than on its content.

2) I didnt even have you in mind when I wrote the post....sorry.

3) the underlying fact is that the team "is what it is"...

Tomlin had no way of knowing that Willie was going to get hurt this year...He had no spiritual vision that told him what everyones stats were going to be. Has Willie underperformed...yes. But what will his stats be next year...??? You dont know? Neither do I...Neither does Tomlin....just as he didnt know what Willies stats would be this year.

Most of the criticism I have heard about the players and coaches on this team is based on hindsight...not thoughtful realistic thinking about how teams are ran.

All Tomlin can do is work within the confines of the talent he possesses on the team that he coaches. He has coached this team to a 11-3 record.

Personally I dont care for Townsend ...never have. I would like to see him gone after this year and we pick up a young stud....I have posted that opinion and feel no desire to do it again.

The post was written tongue in cheek to hopefully stop the repetitive (fill in the blank) _______ should be fired posts or _______ sucks posts.

Will it work...probably not.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:35 AM   #9
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

You can't Fire me...

I have Fan Tenure

Old 12-17-2008, 11:36 AM   #10
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
I think the point the good Dr. is making is that we have an 11-3 team, yet all people want to do is whine and bitch and moan about...well, everything. I firmly believe that if the Steelers win the SB, there will still be people on this board bitching about something that happened during the game. I mean, we STILL hear about how horrible Ben was in XL, when the last time I checked, they WON!

Criticism is fine. When you argue over...and over...and over...and over again about the same damn thing, then it gets a little old and the thoughts that the fans are never happy about anything gains a little steam. But the way some people have been acting, you'd think we're 3-11 instead of 11-3. The seemingly endless negativity on this board and on other boards has gotten just a bit out of hand.
....and you DO get it.