Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-17-2005, 09:00 PM   #11
Dook
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 906
Default Re: eric moulds as a steeler?

Get Reggie and really open up the offense but still mix in the run here and there like most other teams. It would improve our run game also, not as much yards per game but likely more yards per carry.

I sure hope they at least make an offer, a good one too. $15 million signing bonus and $31 million for six years. The cap hit would be around $4 million the first year.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:49 PM   #12
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Molds has become a locker room issue... with the stunts he pulled these last few weeks w/ the bills and not going back into the game when requested too by the coaches..

nah, no thanks.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 10:35 PM   #13
24seven
Starter

Member Number: 525

Reggie is a dream.. why is this even being considered.. If they held out on Ward for more pay what makes anyone think we could afford Wayne?? It'll never happen..
24seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 10:56 PM   #14
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

yeah i don't want moulds coming here, like suit said we have ward as our vetran we need young talent, and we have no realistic chance in hell of getting wayne, first he's probably gonna want a lot of balls thrown his way, which he won't get over here, and second he's gonna wanna get paid a lot, which he won't get over here. i hope we draft a wr in the second or third round this year
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 05:30 AM   #15
SteelerFanInATL
Team Captain

Member Number: 369

Where do you think Q. Morgan fits into all of this? Do you think he could start and be effective? He was a #1 pick at one time.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:47 AM   #16
LondonSteeler
Water Boy

Member Number: 403

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa
yeah i don't want moulds coming here, like suit said we have ward as our vetran we need young talent, and we have no realistic chance in hell of getting wayne, first he's probably gonna want a lot of balls thrown his way, which he won't get over here, and second he's gonna wanna get paid a lot, which he won't get over here. i hope we draft a wr in the second or third round this year
plus waynes stats are not impressive, when you look at whos throwing him the ball, the extent to which that line protects, the fact they have edge in the backfield, and double coverage on marvin harrison.

now you look at the rams in 1999-2002, they were in a similar position offense wise, and holt and bruce were awesome, and either put up far better numbers than reggie wayne.

paying out for reggie wayne, you'd get a glorified no.2 receiver for top dollar money, no thanks.

at least with moulds, hes a legitimate no.1

Made by BB2W!
LondonSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 11:29 AM   #17
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,207 Times in 2,670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonSteeler
plus waynes stats are not impressive, when you look at whos throwing him the ball, the extent to which that line protects, the fact they have edge in the backfield, and double coverage on marvin harrison.

now you look at the rams in 1999-2002, they were in a similar position offense wise, and holt and bruce were awesome, and either put up far better numbers than reggie wayne.

paying out for reggie wayne, you'd get a glorified no.2 receiver for top dollar money, no thanks.

at least with moulds, hes a legitimate no.1
i definitely gotta agree with youre takes on wayne and moulds. wayne would prove to be far too expensive for his potential lack of production in the steelers offense. moulds would be cheaper and him and ward could easilly co-exist in a symbiotic realtionship where both feel like theyre a #1.

moulds too old? hes no older than the likes of harrisson, t.o., rod, smith, m. muhammed last year, and look at what t. glenn and j. galloway are doing this year.

steelers need to groom a young wr they draft? like l. mays, t. edwards, w. blackwell, f. gibson etc.? look at what p. burress did his 1st season. is this really gonna help us? i would prefer q. morgan over a rookie. look at this years 1st round draft class. m. williams, t. williamson, clayton and edwards..... really lighting it on fire arent they? even look at las years crop. not doing much. they say it takes a wr 3 years to fully develop (javon walker)

who wants to sit aroungd and wait for a wr to develop for 3 years? and why would hines wanna groom someone to take over his job and position. him and the offense want a baller who they can play with right away.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 01:43 PM   #18
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa
moulds isnt the answer everyones looking for. were better off with a tall draft pick
Old 12-18-2005, 03:25 PM   #19
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Personally I think Moulds would be a great pick-up for the Steelers.

He is certainly not too old and has no real injury issues.

Apart from the recent suspension he has been an excellent team member in Buffalo - if you ask me players that kick up a bit of fuss when the franchise is in such disarray should not be criticised - its called having a bit of pride.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote