Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 12-19-2005, 05:16 AM   #11
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302
Default Re: Mock Draft Update

Ohio States LB Carpenter is projected to be an NFL pro bowl, most scouts think he`ll be better than his teammate Aj Hawke at the next level.

I want Tamba Hali to fit into our defensive line!
Old 12-19-2005, 12:11 PM   #12
Steel - X
Team Captain

Member Number: 583

I am not sure on Carpenters injury but AJ Hawk will be better than Carpenter in his NFL career I can almost guarantee that. AJ Hawk would be a great fit inside next to Foote. I would love to see a linebacker in the draft or big Defensive tackle

My Fantasy Football Website......NO LIMIT SPORTS

Steel - X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:14 PM   #13
ShiestyLG
Water Boy

Member Number: 353

That'll be sweet if the Steelers pull off what Cincy did and draft both Ohio States LB Bobby Carpenter and AJ Hawke with the 1st and 2nd round picks.
ShiestyLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:26 PM   #14
ShiestyLG
Water Boy

What do yinz think about the possibilities of drafting a Pitt Panther player? WR Greg Lee is planning on entering the draft and could be a steal as a 5th round selection. MOst draft experts don't have him rated that high and if the Steelers decide to go Def on the first day, he could be a bargain. I don't know if H.B. Blades will enter or not, but he'll be a hell of a pick up for LB.

Either that or take a chance on PSU's Robinson. The switch from QB to WR worked out well for us in the past, don't see that trend breaking anytime soon. I was hoping that they would've draft WVU's Rasheed Marshall in last years draft, but they didn't. Maybe this year they'll draft another QB to WR project to replace their current QB to WR project in El.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:13 PM   #15
LondonSteeler
Water Boy

Member Number: 403

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel - X
I am not sure on Carpenters injury but AJ Hawk will be better than Carpenter in his NFL career I can almost guarantee that. AJ Hawk would be a great fit inside next to Foote. I would love to see a linebacker in the draft or big Defensive tackle
we should have taken channing crowder in the 2nd last year IMO, would have been an awesome fit in our system IMO

Made by BB2W!
LondonSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 06:01 PM   #16
TasmanianTroy271
Team Captain

Member Number: 544

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiestyLG
What do yinz think about the possibilities of drafting a Pitt Panther player? WR Greg Lee is planning on entering the draft and could be a steal as a 5th round selection. MOst draft experts don't have him rated that high and if the Steelers decide to go Def on the first day, he could be a bargain. I don't know if H.B. Blades will enter or not, but he'll be a hell of a pick up for LB.
Yea, I posted a thread about H.B. Blades and the one place I saw him drafted in a Mock was with the Lions second rounder, so I guess if he falls that far to us, then we'll take him but other than that, I dunno...
Old 12-21-2005, 02:14 PM   #17
ShiestyLG
Water Boy

As much as everyone would like the Steelers to draft a RB on the first day, I highly doubt that they would. I believe the FO is willing to give Duce another shot at the starting back. Duce proved he could be the feature back last year before he was injured. Duce hasn't been heard much this season because of two reasons; 1.) the Willie Parker experiment and 2.) this is JB's last season. Much like the WR position, it all depends on who's coming back next year. If JB decides to return, then we will not draft a RB. If he doesn't, then Duce will get the nod. There's always the possibilities of FA and the Draft, but I don't see them addressing the issue to after next season.

As for the WR position, it all depends on if ARE returns or not. The core group of recievers we have are solid. Granted, we don't have the tandems that Arizona or Detriot has, but if the O-line holds up they get the job done. For instance, the Texans could be a legit playoff team if they had an O-line. It all starts with the O-line. The QB could only do so much. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Ben getting more weapons, but I somehow don't see that being addressed with the first round pick. There are way to many holes to fill on both Def and Off line. Why waste a first round pick on a WR project that won't see legit playing time for another 1-2 years. A first round pick is suppose to come in and make an immediate impact, not sit the bench.

I see the first day of the draft (assuming we recieve a 3rd comp pick for PLex) unfolding as such;

1. LB, DE
2. C
3a. WR, OL
3b. S

I would rather aquire O-line help through FA than the Draft. The draft is for depth, projects and maybe, if lucky, finding a diamond in the rough. I do see the Steelers getting a C through the draft though. That's the only O-line position I would like to see addressed on the first day. We have our franchise QB and now we need another Dawson to protect him. The reason I would like to see the O-line addressed through FA is that we need a veteran player who can come in and get the job done. We have "youth" projects already in Essex and Starks. We seen how Simmons turned out and I don't want that to happen again. Instead of throwing darts at a board and taking a chance, how about a sure-shot instead?

The last few years have been Off positions on the first day. I think this year is going be Def. I guess only time will tell how the draft unfolds.