Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 12-20-2008, 01:41 AM   #1
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,967 Times in 1,848 Posts
Default Grocer is commended for Hitler birthday cake refusal

http://www.delawareonline.com/articl...3/1004/OPINION

Quote:
It's not every day that a supermarket's refusal to print a child's name on a cake makes national news. Then again, it's not every day that we come across a 3-year-old named Adolf Hitler Campbell.

Karen Meleta, a ShopRite spokeswoman, said the grocer tries to meet customer requests but rejects those deemed inappropriate. "We believe the request to inscribe a birthday wish to Adolf Hitler is inappropriate," she said.

The grocer offered to make a cake with enough room for the Campbells to write their own inscription. But the Campbells refused, saying they would have a cake made at the Wal-Mart in Lower Nazareth Township. The Campbells say Wal-Mart made cakes for Adolf's first two birthdays.

A spokeswoman for Wal-Mart said the store won't put anything illegal or profane on a cake but thinks it's important to respect the views of customers and employees. "Our No. 1 priority in decorating cakes is to serve the customer to the best of our ability," Anna Taylor, the spokeswoman, said from Bentonville, Ark.

Young Adolf has two younger sisters. JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell will be two in February, while an infant named after Heinrich Himmler turns 1 in April, according to the paper, which says they live in a house decorated with swastikas and other Nazi paraphernalia.
I feel sorry for these kids.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 02:37 AM   #2
I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 10606
Default Re: Grocer is commended for Hitler birthday cake refusal

The world we live in huh? Terrible... Hopefully these kids can somehow escape that environment and change their names.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:38 AM   #3
Hammer Of The GODS
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 8148

Just another reason this country is circling the drain.

We need a license to drive but any two (insert derogatory words here) can raise a child!

How are we as a society supposed to overcome hate, ignorance and violence if we keep allowing people like this to procreate?

I can't smoke a joint in my house but these people can have a gaggle of kids and raise them to hate? WTF?
Old 12-20-2008, 04:45 PM   #4
nojobny
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 5924

Poor thing doesn't stand a snowballs chance in hell. And he's a cute little kid. And WTF Wal-Mart? Who was asleep at the wheel and let this go through?

Supermarket defends itself over Adolf Hitler cake

Wed Dec 17, 6:11 pm ET

EASTON, Pa. – A supermarket is defending itself for refusing to a write out 3-year-old Adolf Hitler Campbell's name on his birthday cake. Deborah Campbell, 25, of nearby Hunterdon County, N.J., said she phoned in her order last week to the Greenwich ShopRite. When she told the bakery department she wanted her son's name spelled out, she was told to talk to a supervisor, who denied the request.

Karen Meleta, a ShopRite spokeswoman, said the store denied similar requests from the Campbells the last two years, including a request for a swastika.

"We reserve the right not to print anything on the cake that we deem to be inappropriate," Meleta said. "We considered this inappropriate."

The Campbells ultimately got their cake decorated at a Wal-Mart in Pennsylvania, Deborah Campbell said Tuesday.

A Wal-Mart spokesman told The Associated Press on Wednesday that in light of the incident, the company would review its guidelines regarding cake decorations and other requests.

"It's clear that in serving this customer, some people were offended," spokesman Greg Rossiter said. "As a result, we're going to review our policies."

Heath Campbell said he named his son after Adolf Hitler because he liked the name and because "no one else in the world would have that name."

The Campbells' two other children are named JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell, who turns 2 in a few months, and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell, who will be 1 in April.

Campbell said he was raised not to avoid people of other races but not to mix with them socially or romantically. But he said he would try to raise his children differently.

"Say he grows up and hangs out with black people. That's fine, I don't really care," he said. "That's his choice."

He said about 12 people attended the birthday party Sunday, including several children of mixed race.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081217/...dd_hitler_cake
Old 12-20-2008, 06:46 PM   #5
beSteelmyheart
Team Captain

Member Number: 1249

I read about this the other day & was floored by the complete idiocy of these two people, wondering just who in Hell would do this to a kid?
Old 12-20-2008, 07:00 PM   #6
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Member Number: 10886

why should we care?

it has ZERO to do with us and we don't know these people. they knew what they were getting into when they named their kids this and we have no right to condemn them for it.

personally, i could care less. if i did, i would be more worried about a black president in the office with the middle name of Hussein. but truthfully, i REALLY don't care and we shouldn't either.

pointless thread.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:39 PM   #7
TeeJay
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 7083

Assembly at their school would'ave been a riot.

Bueller.......Bueller,........Bueller......

Hitler........Hitler.......Hitler - Only Mel Brooks could'ave made that funny.

But any way.....having studied the photo.............which one is the Male? Or is there even supposed to be a male in this photo? All I can see is a kid called Adolf, with two Mummies.....at least.....they look like Mummies!

You just know he'll want to invade Poland when he gets to 20!

Jeez, at least our eccentics are quite normal? Judges who wear women's clothing etc, not parents who are proud to name their kid after the worlds greatest mass murderer. That takes a special kind of person,

But there is a plus side I guess. I bet he doesn't get bullied at school! Not that the family has anything to do with White Supremacists.....god forbid someone contemplating such a thing.Just a coincidence.
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -- Jack Lambert. Feb '09 - Hell Yeah, they made the Doughnuts

Last edited by TeeJay; 12-20-2008 at 10:54 PM.
TeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 07:42 PM   #8
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Member Number: 10886

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityKing View Post
why should we care?

it has ZERO to do with us and we don't know these people. they knew what they were getting into when they named their kids this and we have no right to condemn them for it.

personally, i could care less. if i did, i would be more worried about a black president in the office with the middle name of Hussein. but truthfully, i REALLY don't care and we shouldn't either.

pointless thread.
just because he is named after Adolf Hitler doesn't mean he IS Adolf Hitler. it's not like the kid is going to start a new Holocaust in elementary school. haha...geez!

i bet you this is a stupid news story brought to the media's attention ony because Tom Cruise's new film "Valkyrie" is coming out on Christmas Day just to get some attention for the movie. haha!
Old 12-20-2008, 09:29 PM   #9
SteelCurtain7
Starter

Member Number: 10885

I can't stand Nazis. Especially Delaware Nazis.
SteelCurtain7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 07:35 PM   #10
Hammer Of The GODS
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 8148

Quote:
why should we care?

pointless thread.
Quote:
just because he is named after Adolf Hitler doesn't mean he IS Adolf Hitler. it's not like the kid is going to start a new Holocaust in elementary school. haha...geez!
Why should we care? Are you serious?

Zero to do with us? Come on dude!

This story speaks to the current problems in this country. How can you say that breeding hate in this country is not our problem? This kid may not match the atrocities that his namesake did, but that doesn't mean his parents wont fill him full of so much hate that he takes it out on his classmates at an older age.

You are way off here dude!

I'll give you an example that prolly fits most people here. I was born to parents who loved the Steelers. Watched them every Sunday like it was thier religion. I have cousins whos parents hardly ever watched a game. Those cousins still dont watch the Steelers. I on the other hand have transended my parents love for Steeler football ad am twice as crazy about the game. Follow where I'm goin here?

We are products of our parents. Maybe this kid will break the cycle, but the problem still remains. Parents SHOULD be held responsible for thier children because they are there from the beginning(or should be) and are supposed to be teaching right from wrong.

There are enough maniacs coming here from other countries riding a wave of hate.

Why wouldn't breeding them here bother you?