Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Game Reporter

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-21-2008, 03:14 PM   #1191
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Default Re: Steelers vs. Tites Game Day Thread 12/21/08

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgster1031 View Post
Good game Roethlis O'donnell
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgster1031 View Post
good game roethlis stewart
See we got another big ol' 3rd grader in our midst.

Find another bandwagon to haunt, asshat.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:15 PM   #1192
morgster1031
Water Boy

Member Number: 11003

whats an asshat?
morgster1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:17 PM   #1193
steveironcity
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1135

You know whats really funny. We are one of the top franchises in pro sports history. We have some of the richest history of any team in the WORLD.

Here is the Titans defining moment
http://legacy.poynter.org/centerpiece/images/dyson.jpg

Keep stomping on the towel you fat pig...

Steelers- 6 time Super Bowl Champions
Pirates- 5 time World Series Champions
Penguins- 3 time Stanley Cup Champions
Panthers- 9 time National Champions
steveironcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:20 PM   #1194
RunWillieRun
Team President

Member Number: 3226

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
No dude, you bitch. Constatntly. And it gets really old. Jeff Reed blew a drive? Please.

Sorry, Let me make my comment on Reed missing a lay-up at the end of the 1st half more SteelerFever friendly: Way to give it your all Jeff, better luck next time. We don't need those lowsy 3 points anyway! It's not like it is your job to make field goals or anything.

Why aren't you criticizing all of my positive comments today too? I made just as many positive as negative comments about the teams/players play.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:21 PM   #1195
brick
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10691

sorry if this was already answered, but anyone have any updates on ryan clark?
brick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:27 PM   #1196
BIG R
Water Boy

Member Number: 11136

There is a lot to say about the loss,
But to be honest, a defense like this don’t deserve a offence that ranks 24th
However you want to look at it, that ain’t even mediocre it’s not good and for
a super bowl it has to get better. As they proved today

GO STEELERS
BIG R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:39 PM   #1197
brick
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10691

well bottom line i think the defense needed the offense to step up today, and well...they didn't quite do what they needed to do. the defense has saved us all season long, and today they were outplayed by the titans offense. we're not the type of team to put up 30+ points consistently, so when another team puts that up against our d, we're probably gonna lose.

but honestly, i don't know if i even care about the number 1 or 2 seed. all that matters is that we get some momentum next week, rest up in the bye, and come back strong in the playoffs, because there, anything can happen. and its debatable whether or not we've played better home or away this season. my main concern today was getting out of the game healthy.

but looking at our schedule (easily the toughest in the nfl), i think most of us would have taken an 11-4 record and afc north championship right now before the season started.
brick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:51 PM   #1198
Steelcitygal87
Banned

Member Number: 10583

Honestly, some of you guys are acting as though we needed this game in order to make the playoffs. It was ONE GAME. The Titans were the top team in the AFC all season long. They always had the best record, regardless of how soft people say their schedule was. They had a very good offensive line, which simply blew our guys off the ball and created holes for White and Johnson and also gave Kerry time to throw the ball. The Steelers and Titans are pretty much evenly matched teams, I give the edge to our defense over theirs, but their offensive line is better than ours. This was one of the toughest challenges we had this season, IMO the Giants(with their good defense and good running game) was the other. We lost, ok, it is not the end of the world. WE ARE STILL IN THE PLAYOFFS, that is what matters most. What is making this loss hurt worse than others is we lost to some really classless jerks. Lyndell White should really learn how to TONE IT DOWN, and to always show your opponent respect. The wiping their feet on the TT is so uncalled for and unsportsman like. I have always hated teams with a mentality like that. You don't see Pittsburgh players behaving that way(cept for Anthony Smith last year talking a little smack). I truly believe that is ONE of many reasons why the Steelers are loved the world over. They play the game how it is supposed to be played, with heart, intensity, and class, always showing good sportsmanship . People love and respect a team who plays like the Pittsburgh Steelers. We have one more game to play and then we can get some rest that we so desperately need, and regroup and get ready to play STEELER FOOTBALL in the playoffs!!!

"but honestly, i don't know if i even care about the number 1 or 2 seed. all that matters is that we get some momentum next week, rest up in the bye, and come back strong in the playoffs, because there, anything can happen. and its debatable whether or not we've played better home or away this season. my main concern today was getting out of the game healthy.

but looking at our schedule (easily the toughest in the nfl), i think most of us would have taken an 11-4 record and afc north championship right now before the season started."

Brick, I couldnt agree more.
Steelcitygal87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:54 PM   #1199
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Here come the cry babies.
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 06:48 PM   #1200
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunWillieRun View Post
Sorry, Let me make my comment on Reed missing a lay-up at the end of the 1st half more SteelerFever friendly: Way to give it your all Jeff, better luck next time. We don't need those lowsy 3 points anyway! It's not like it is your job to make field goals or anything.
As it turns out, those 3 points wouldn't have meant diddly squat. We lost by 17 points. I think there are more realistic scapegoats in this game than Jeff Reed who has been Mr. Automatic 95% of the time this season.

Quote:
but honestly, i don't know if i even care about the number 1 or 2 seed. all that matters is that we get some momentum next week, rest up in the bye, and come back strong in the playoffs, because there, anything can happen. and its debatable whether or not we've played better home or away this season. my main concern today was getting out of the game healthy.

but looking at our schedule (easily the toughest in the nfl), i think most of us would have taken an 11-4 record and afc north championship right now before the season started.
Best post of the day imho!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote