Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-21-2008, 03:11 PM   #1
JEFF4i
Banned

Member Number: 10645
Default GOOD!

We don't deserve it, we don't like it, and we shouldn't get it. All them fancy commentators(excluding Crazy Bradshaw and Coach) for some reason jump on the Steeler bandwagon and go all out. The past 6 days, including today, is NOT the Steeler team I love. This is the slap in the face that we need and if I had to decide one of the defining moments of why we get to and win the Superbowl, this is it!

I'm glad we didn't win. Going into the 4th quarter I wanted us to, as a true Steeler fan, but this loss, this performance, IS GOOD FOR US!

Rally loss, and by golly one of the best games for us to have it. This is the first game this year we've lost by more than 1 posession. They need to, and WILL, because they are STEELERS, snap their heads back into this game and go on to kick some ass for the rest of the season!

**EDIT**I'm not judging ANYONE's performance today. Not one player or person's. This is a mental win for us today. Patriots got theirs last year, except it was the last game. This will be ours, when it can come at the best time.

Oh, AND NO ONE DISRESPECTS OUR TOWEL!
JEFF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:13 PM   #2
NYC SteelersFan
Banned

Member Number: 10612
Default Re: GOOD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF4i View Post
We don't deserve it, we don't like it, and we shouldn't get it. All them fancy commentators(excluding Crazy Bradshaw and Coach) for some reason jump on the Steeler bandwagon and go all out. The past 6 days, including today, is NOT the Steeler team I love. This is the slap in the face that we need and if I had to decide one of the defining moments of why we get to and win the Superbowl, this is it!

I'm glad we didn't win. Going into the 4th quarter I wanted us to, as a true Steeler fan, but this loss, this performance, IS GOOD FOR US!

Rally loss, and by golly one of the best games for us to have it. This is the first game this year we've lost by more than 1 posession. They need to, and WILL, because they are STEELERS, snap their heads back into this game and go on to kick some ass for the rest of the season!
You might be right.. Or it might have exposed how horrible our offense is and that if the defense gives up more than 20 points, we're pretty much done.

Unfortunately, now most of the starters need to play next week for most of the game to get back on track, unless we trample the Browns in the first half.
NYC SteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:13 PM   #3
JEFF4i
Banned

Member Number: 10645

Remember our last Superbowl win? No one respected us! We thrive on it, and I hope every single one of you haters and whiners and bandwagon fans go over to Two-Toof Tennessee, Pittsburgh is a city for the devout.
JEFF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:53 PM   #4
brick
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10691

i like it much better flying under the radar like we did for most of this season and in 2005 also. now everyone will jump on the titans for the superbowl, let em...lets just see what they make of themselves in the playoffs. hopefully come february everything can go back to normal and when someone mentions the titans, everyone will turn their heads and go 'who?'
brick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:59 PM   #5
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

11-4
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:51 PM   #6
shevdog
Team Captain

Member Number: 120
Thumbs up Re: GOOD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF4i View Post
Remember our last Superbowl win? No one respected us! We thrive on it, and I hope every single one of you haters and whiners and bandwagon fans go over to Two-Toof Tennessee, Pittsburgh is a city for the devout.
Well said!

Steelers Football: Simply the Best!
shevdog is offline   Reply With Quote