Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 12-22-2008, 02:23 AM   #11
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370
Default Re: HEY...good news!

It looks like we may be facing Bruce Gradkowski instead of Ken Dorsey. Dorsey was taken to the locker room during yesterday's game holding his ribs. I don't know the extent of his injuries, but I would assume he wouldn't play Sunday with a rib injury.

Honestly, this isn't really a rivalry anymore. Does a hammer (Steelers) have a rivalry with a nail (Browns)? No.

This is a rivalry between the fans, but between the teams the only reasons there is hatred is because we are in the same division and the Browns have some punks on their team.

The only two things that could bring this back to a true rivalry (like what we have with Baltimore right now) would be:

1. The Browns becoming truly competitive again and winning a few games. I'm not talking the fluke 2003 and 2007 winning seasons, but truly competitve.

2. Bill Cowher becoming the coach of the Browns. I however do not see this happening at all, so the Browns best hope to get this back to a truly heated rivalry is option numero uno.

So Sunday's game is nothing but a warm-up for the playoffs. Hopefully our starters get to play some so there isn't any rust after the wild card weekend bye week.

But the Browns in the end will get the tar kicked out of them. It's their job.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 03:11 AM   #12
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodWoodsonwasprettycool View Post
Beating us right now..is really nothing to brag about...I mean its one thing to brag about beating the Colts or the Titans or somebody, but its like a UFC Fighter kicking the crap out of a crippled kid.

Seriously, I am not even sure If I'm going to watch the game, I'm that bitter at how Romeo has handled this season.

Enjoy kicking Dorsey and Gradkowski's ass..

My team is a joke.
I can't even believe I'm going to say this but your decline isn't Romeo Crennel's fault. You're going to laugh at this, everyone in Browns land would laugh at this statement, but from the outside looking in - you guys actually have a pretty good coach. It's ownership and Savage that's the problem. Romeo Crennel could succeed as a head coach in another situation.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:27 AM   #13
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
I can't even believe I'm going to say this but your decline isn't Romeo Crennel's fault. You're going to laugh at this, everyone in Browns land would laugh at this statement, but from the outside looking in - you guys actually have a pretty good coach. It's ownership and Savage that's the problem. Romeo Crennel could succeed as a head coach in another situation.
I wouldn't go that far.

Romeo still cannot manage a clock or be an authoritarian like he has needed to be and failed at. While he has the respect of his players and is well liked, he doesn't do anything as far as true punishment.

Take the Braylon Edwards drama from 2006 when he took that chopper to Michigan to be on the sidelines of the Ohio State-Michigan game, causing him to be late for team meetings that night when playing us the next day. Romeo told him he wasn't allowed to go to the game, but he went anyhow.

He should have been benched for the entire game, but was benched for only a few plays. Cowher and Tomlin would have sat him for the game, or at least the first half. When this happened, the team knew that Romeo wasn't going to punish them for insubordination.

I wouldn't even say ownership is part of the problem. He's not jumping in on making desicions for the team football wise. He has opened up his checkbook to get the influx of free agents they needed (Eric Steinbach and Jamal Lewis). It's not like he's Al Davis, Dan Snyder, or even Jerry Jones (the most successful Owner-GM, IMHO).

However Savage is part of the problem, a big part. While he has brought talent to the team (Quinn, Steinbach, Lewis, Joe Thomas, Anderson)...he also doesn't take any credit for the team's misfortunes this season.

He made the comment that he only has sole power over the 53 man roster (Crennell doesn't get to truly decide who to cut in TC, that's Savages job), it's up to Romeo and the rest of the coaches to coach them up.

He had the Kellen Winslow situation. it is part of Phil's job to make sure the football operations and the PR staff are on the same page, which they were obviously not.

There was also the profane email to the fan after the Bills game. That was just totally stupid.

Not to mention he left Crennell to explain the Winslow drama and the e-mail drama...both things Crennell had no desicion in. Crennell also gets the job of explaining to guys why they have been cut, though those are not his desicions either.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 09:33 AM   #14
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Browns are the worst team in the NFL right now (Yes, worse than Detroit). I think the Steelers 2nd and 3rd stringers will take the teams collective frustrations out on Cleveland next week and we womp them by about 24 points.

Then we rest and start the second season.

As for the Titans game, losing ugly like that isn't great, BUT it's really hard to beat a good football team twice in one year...now we only have to worry about going .500 against them should we meet again.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:27 PM   #15
RodWoodsonwasprettycool
Team Captain

Member Number: 8551

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
Honestly, this isn't really a rivalry anymore. Does a hammer (Steelers) have a rivalry with a nail (Browns)? No.

This is a rivalry between the fans, but between the teams the only reasons there is hatred is because we are in the same division and the Browns have some punks on their team.].
I hate agreeing with you on this, I really do, but you're right...Our players don't care anymore, its just a paycheck to them.

There was no fire during week 2's meeting, Crennel acted like he could truly care less about the team and made some really conservative calls.

The Browns need their own version of Harrison, Polamalu and Ward, as a football fan I have a huge amount of respect for those guys because they play lights out every game. Those type of players used to be on both sides of the rivalry. Now only the Steelers have them.

Even when the Steelers were truly bad in the '50's and '60's, our players would say that was a game they always walked away bruised and battered from, same from the Steelers players back in the 70's, even though it was usually us losing, Franco Harris said the Browns were one of the more tougher teams they played all season.

Now, its a joke...and only the fans are keeping it alive.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:01 AM   #16
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341
Thanked 1,125 Times in 442 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

sorry brownies your team is going to suck again next year too
vasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:03 AM   #17
TailgateMel
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 8498

The good news is that tickets are going for cheap.. & considering I had planned on going to the game the entire year & I still don't have tickets... I'm pretty happy about that..

Mel

100% Certified Grade-A SteelerChick
TailgateMel is offline   Reply With Quote