Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2008, 06:30 PM   #1
SteelCityKing
Head Coach
 
SteelCityKing's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: N.PGH, PENN
Posts: 1,697
Gender: Male
Member Number: 10886
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default actions speak louder than words.

do you think it would be safe to say that the Steelers now have a bounty out for Lendale White? OR...should we just keep out thoughts and words to ourselves and take it out on them when the time comes in the playoffs?

the Steelers are known to keep mum about things like this that bother them. well, unless you are Joey Porter and after you take a bullet in the ass cheek you still don't know when to take a cue and shut up. BUT...i digress. the Titans broke a big no-no and if you think about it, with all honesty, the Steelers would've NEVER done something like that to ANY team they play. PERIOD. a think true fans can atest to that.

so, my question is, shall we make our disguting thoughts known, or just let the defensive line do our speaking for us? i prefer the latter. no need for Dallas like drama, right?

discuss.
__________________
PITTSBURGH, PENNSYLVANIA: THE HOME OF THE 6-TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPION PITTSBURGH STEELERS
THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME.
SteelCityKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 06:34 PM   #2
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hollidaysburg PA
Posts: 19,587
Gender: Male
Member Number: 541
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: actions speak louder than words.

Keep that stuff quiet. You know what happened when the Rats did that.
__________________

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 06:45 PM   #3
SteelCityKing
Head Coach
 
SteelCityKing's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: N.PGH, PENN
Posts: 1,697
Gender: Male
Member Number: 10886
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: actions speak louder than words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
Keep that stuff quiet. You know what happened when the Rats did that.
haha! ain't that the truth?

the Ravens run their mouths and can't back it up. atleast the Steelers have some deceny to let it all hang out on the field and let Sundays come and go and man up to focus on the next bout. there's nothing wrong with that at all. it's what makes our team so lovable and great...humbleness and desire to win makes a great team even greater.

let's just let every other team talk about how much they want to bash us around and screw our chances of that 6th ring. we hear that sh*t, we don't like that sh*t, but we let that sh*t go and do what needs to be done to win. a lot of pride with this franchise. it's too bad other sqauds can't take a page out of our playbook.
__________________
PITTSBURGH, PENNSYLVANIA: THE HOME OF THE 6-TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPION PITTSBURGH STEELERS
THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME.
SteelCityKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 07:01 PM   #4
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter
 
TackleMeBen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Posts: 4,854
Gender: Female
Member Number: 4435
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: actions speak louder than words.

i think if anything is said it will be in house and then fatty white will get his when we end up meeting them in the playoffs...
__________________

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 09:40 PM   #5
chucoblack&gold
Bench Warmer
 
chucoblack&gold's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: El Paso, Texas
Posts: 243
Gender: Male
Member Number: 9467
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: actions speak louder than words.

We got beat and that's that. Their team outplayed us and made our D look mediocre.

That stompin of the terrible towel ( a fake one at that ) was unecessary and shows the class that the team lacks.

As they say, payback is a mother@#$^er !!!

They might have just provided the STEELERS the extra momentum they need.
__________________
chucoblack&gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 09:50 PM   #6
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: actions speak louder than words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityKing View Post
do you think it would be safe to say that the Steelers now have a bounty out for Lendale White? OR...should we just keep out thoughts and words to ourselves and take it out on them when the time comes in the playoffs?

the Steelers are known to keep mum about things like this that bother them. well, unless you are Joey Porter and after you take a bullet in the ass cheek you still don't know when to take a cue and shut up. BUT...i digress. the Titans broke a big no-no and if you think about it, with all honesty, the Steelers would've NEVER done something like that to ANY team they play. PERIOD. a think true fans can atest to that.

so, my question is, shall we make our disguting thoughts known, or just let the defensive line do our speaking for us? i prefer the latter. no need for Dallas like drama, right?

discuss.
Personally, I don't think the Tites are going to go far in the playoffs. Though they beat us soundly today in their house, I still feel they are overrated.

As far as "vendettas" or "bounties" - that's childish BS. I agree with chuco here - the bboyz just got a huge shot of momentum going into the playoffs and IF the Steelers play the Tites again, they are going to see one fired up, pissed off team.

Haha!

P.S. SCK - you really don't need to treat us like gradeschoolers. The purpose of a BB is for discussion.
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 10:04 PM   #7
Roethlisberger Era
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 15
Member Number: 11096
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: actions speak louder than words.

Our trash talking has been considerably less under Mike Tomlin. I think Cowher actually embraced that stuff, but I think Tomlin tells them not to do it. Either way, LenDale White will get what's coming to him when we meet again.
Roethlisberger Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 10:07 PM   #8
Pittsburghfan
Banned
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,384
Member Number: 5129
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: actions speak louder than words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roethlisberger Era View Post
Our trash talking has been considerably less under Mike Tomlin. I think Cowher actually embraced that stuff, but I think Tomlin tells them not to do it. Either way, LenDale White will get what's coming to him when we meet again.
That pretty much sums it up. Karma is not something to mess with.

Also, one of the Titans players (maybe Bulluck) was acting like he blew his nose into a Terrible Towel but it was a real Terrible Towel. I can't find the picture of it.
Pittsburghfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 11:05 PM   #9
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hollidaysburg PA
Posts: 19,587
Gender: Male
Member Number: 541
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: actions speak louder than words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Personally, I don't think the Tites are going to go far in the playoffs. Though they beat us soundly today in their house, I still feel they are overrated.

As far as "vendettas" or "bounties" - that's childish BS. I agree with chuco here - the bboyz just got a huge shot of momentum going into the playoffs and IF the Steelers play the Tites again, they are going to see one fired up, pissed off team.

Haha!

P.S. SCK - you really don't need to treat us like gradeschoolers. The purpose of a BB is for discussion.
IF is a strong word.

Bounties and Vendettas against the Steelers means PAIN.
__________________

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 11:24 PM   #10
VegasStlrFan
Assistant Coach
 
VegasStlrFan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 1,439
Member Number: 976
Thanks: 8
Thanked 48 Times in 30 Posts
Default Re: actions speak louder than words.

I wouldn't piss and moan about it. We got our asses handed to us today. Talk won't change anything. You win with class and lose with grace. Thats how you get respect!
VegasStlrFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts