Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 12-21-2008, 08:06 PM   #1
Titanic
Banned

Member Number: 7959
Default Titan fan here.

Just want to apologize for the towel stomping. With that said however I think you guys are overreacting. All week long all the team heard was that they were going to get stomped by the Steelers in their own stadium. Even the local beat writers all picked the Steelers to win. Then they show up and there's a lot of Steeler fans(as usual, kudos to your fanbase). Yet without their two best defensive linemen they not only win but dominate the game.

That's not to say Lendale should have done that, but he's a bit of a doofus(as you probably know). If I was you I would be more concerned about the stuff that happened on the field than about whatever happened with the towel. For example:

1) Your offensive line could not handle the Titans defensive line without its two best players.
2) Your vaunted pass rush couldn't generate any kind of pressure against the Titans offensive line.

Both teams have to win at least one difficult game before they would meet again. Here's hoping it actually happens.
Titanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 08:08 PM   #2
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: Titan fan here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
Just want to apologize for the towel stomping. With that said however I think you guys are overreacting. All week long all the team heard was that they were going to get stomped by the Steelers in their own stadium. Even the local beat writers all picked the Steelers to win. Then they show up and there's a lot of Steeler fans(as usual, kudos to your fanbase). Yet without their two best defensive linemen they not only win but dominate the game.

That's not to say Lendale should have done that, but he's a bit of a doofus(as you probably know). If I was you I would be more concerned about the stuff that happened on the field than about whatever happened with the towel. For example:

1) Your offensive line could not handle the Titans defensive line without its two best players.
2) Your vaunted pass rush couldn't generate any kind of pressure against the Titans offensive line.

Both teams have to win at least one difficult game before they would meet again. Here's hoping it actually happens.
Nope. Just like the last Titan fan who came here with an "apology," I will not, nor will I ever accept it. Your boy stomped all over an icon, not to mention a dead man's memory, and I could give a rat's fat, furry ass what the reasons were. That is unforgivable. There are some things you just don't do. That is one of them, and I hope karma comes back to bite them in the ass the way it did the Bungles.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:10 PM   #3
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

Quote:

I agree with your 2 examples...
Your defensive line beat our offensive line almost every play....
and our defense was unable to pressure your QB..

With that said......if we play each other again....the last thing that Tomlin will show the Steelers before taking the field is Lendale using the Terrible Towel....

This will pump them up...piss them off...what have you......
Things will be different...

(with that said)
Congrats on 1st place in the AFC
Old 12-21-2008, 08:11 PM   #4
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251
My Mood: Cool

Quote:

While I respect you coming here in peace. If your not a Steeler fan you have NO IDEA what that towel means to these fans, players, and city. Trust me when I say redemption will be ours. Great game to you and your team today. You guys kicked our asses, I can't dispute that. But when the players disrespected that towel they crossed the line and will be handled accordingly.

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 08:11 PM   #5
Titanic
Banned

Member Number: 7959

It's a towel. If you think he meant anything more than "Get your black and gold asses out of our stadium" and a hearty F-U to all the people who picked against the Titans this week I think you're over analyzing it.

Edit: Not saying it doesn't mean more than that to the Pittsburgh faithful, just that any number of players do the same sort of self-promoting BS every week that Lendale did.
Titanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 08:14 PM   #6
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
It's a towel. If you think he meant anything more than "Get your black and gold asses out of our stadium" and a hearty F-U to all the people who picked against the Titans this week I think you're over analyzing it.
Well, well, well. Your true colors shine through. How about you get your Faggety blue and red asses out of our forum you freaking troll.

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 08:14 PM   #7
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:

the players werent the ones saying anything or acting overconfident all week.. they did nothing of the sort. sports writers and the players are not the same bro. your running backs are a couple of profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltery little shits who havent won anything in their short careers. regular season and postseason are two completely different elements, i wouldn't book my plane ticket to tampa just yet.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 08:15 PM   #8
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Two great teams played today, only one played like one. Congrats on the 1st seed.

But one thing needs to be understood loud and clear. Stomping on a Terrible Towel is a very big deal to the Steelers Nation. It will fire this team up like no loss ever could. If and when we meet again..........beware.

This year or next year. Beware.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 08:15 PM   #9
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Not to a Steelers fan it's "just a towel." There are many, many other ways of saying that without going there. You probably don't understand the history and the meaning behind it and neither does White, but that is no excuse. It was classless, plain and simple, and does not deserve a free pass.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:18 PM   #10
dez09231
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11142

I feel really, REALLY sorry for the Titans if they play again.
dez09231 is offline   Reply With Quote