Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2008, 10:44 PM   #1
Rek
Starter
 
Rek's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Western PA
Posts: 553
Gender: Male
Member Number: 10681
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Open The Floodgates Of Hate...

Everyone brace yourself this week. Numerous posts will be about how we should bench ben, how leftwich would be better, how parker should be traded, how the wideouts can't catch, how BA should be fired. Jesus people calm down. OUR Pittsburgh Steelers are 11-4 and have a first round bye and a home game in the playoffs, so just take it easy. It seems like after every loss, people try and blame everyone and everything instead of realizing that the Steelers weren't going to win every game this year, and losses are just part of the sport. Personally, I think the Steelers tend to play better on the road so this game today should not be a signal to panic.

Calm down now. Let's Go Stillers....
Rek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 10:46 PM   #2
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hollidaysburg PA
Posts: 19,587
Gender: Male
Member Number: 541
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Open The Floodgates Of Hate...

I'm getting so sick of seeing those posts to. A nice win over the Clowns will help shut them up.
__________________

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 10:50 PM   #3
NYC SteelersFan
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 597
Member Number: 10612
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Open The Floodgates Of Hate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
I'm getting so sick of seeing those posts to. A nice win over the Clowns will help shut them up.
One of the worst teams in the NFL? That will not calm my nerves going into the playoffs against a bunch of good teams who all know for a 100% no doubt about it fact that we are officially, completely incapable of rushing the football.

Getting over 150 rushing yards against the Browns will make me happier than a win.
NYC SteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 10:53 PM   #4
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hollidaysburg PA
Posts: 19,587
Gender: Male
Member Number: 541
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Open The Floodgates Of Hate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC SteelersFan View Post
One of the worst teams in the NFL? That will not calm my nerves going into the playoffs against a bunch of good teams who all know for a 100% no doubt about it fact that we are officially, completely incapable of rushing the football.

Getting over 150 rushing yards against the Browns will make me happier than a win.
I know it's not going to satisfy all, but we have to start some where and get our mojo back. What a better way to do it then against the Browns??
__________________

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 12:05 AM   #5
Steelers & I
Banned
Supporter
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 772
Member Number: 10560
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Open The Floodgates Of Hate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rek View Post
Everyone brace yourself this week. Numerous posts will be about how we should bench ben, how leftwich would be better, how parker should be traded, how the wideouts can't catch, how BA should be fired. Jesus people calm down. OUR Pittsburgh Steelers are 11-4 and have a first round bye and a home game in the playoffs, so just take it easy. It seems like after every loss, people try and blame everyone and everything instead of realizing that the Steelers weren't going to win every game this year, and losses are just part of the sport. Personally, I think the Steelers tend to play better on the road so this game today should not be a signal to panic.

Calm down now. Let's Go Stillers....
Yeah buddy We've seen this same type of post more than once, we're 8-3. we're 9-3. we're 10-3, calm down people, it's all good.

Let me share a little something with you from an Arians hater that will most-likely be trashing him this week. You see, it's NOT the loss that is bothersome to certain members, are we clear on that? It's the poor manner in which the Steelers OFFENSIVE SYSTEM performs versus formidable opponents.

As you know, in the post season, the Steelers could possibly face up to 3 of the teams that have already defeated them. In each one of those defeats, Arians offensive system failed to adjust to stunt blitzing packages. The Steelers offense, under the Arians system, has shown nothing but a gradual regression over the last 3 to 4 games. That's why members become upset, they want to see this offensive system reformed. They want to see gradual OFFENSIVE PROGRESSION from week to week, even if that involved a Steelers loss along the way. So what are we seeing? We're seeing an offense that has failed to improve, offensive formations and offensive play calling that will most-likely account for a one and done playoff appearance by the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Last edited by Steelers & I; 12-22-2008 at 02:16 AM.
Steelers & I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 12:06 AM   #6
Polamalu43
Team Captain
 
Polamalu43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Los Angeles. California
Posts: 873
Member Number: 2665
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Open The Floodgates Of Hate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rek View Post
Everyone brace yourself this week. Numerous posts will be about how we should bench ben, how leftwich would be better, how parker should be traded, how the wideouts can't catch, how BA should be fired. Jesus people calm down. OUR Pittsburgh Steelers are 11-4 and have a first round bye and a home game in the playoffs, so just take it easy. It seems like after every loss, people try and blame everyone and everything instead of realizing that the Steelers weren't going to win every game this year, and losses are just part of the sport. Personally, I think the Steelers tend to play better on the road so this game today should not be a signal to panic.

Calm down now. Let's Go Stillers....
Don't worry when we wipe the floor with the clowns, all that talk will end.
__________________

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack lambert
Polamalu43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 12:19 AM   #7
eafratitpm3
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Vista CA
Posts: 1,186
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1192
Thanks: 9
Thanked 32 Times in 18 Posts
Default Re: Open The Floodgates Of Hate...

I wish we were playing a better team the last week of the regular season. No matter how bad we beat the Clowns (HOPEFULLY). The false sense of security that we have turned things around will not give me a warm fuzzy. That will be like pre-season game compared to any team we meet in the playoffs.
eafratitpm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 12:21 AM   #8
NYC SteelersFan
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 597
Member Number: 10612
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Open The Floodgates Of Hate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
I know it's not going to satisfy all, but we have to start some where and get our mojo back. What a better way to do it then against the Browns??
No i definitely agree with you, they need to play well against the Browns for themselves so they can go into the playoffs strong and on a high note. But I think regaining some kind of composure on the rush side of the offense is very important.
NYC SteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 03:32 AM   #9
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter
 
Galax Steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Galax Va
Posts: 84,171
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3287
Thanks: 969
Thanked 3,072 Times in 1,298 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Open The Floodgates Of Hate...

There should be no hate toward the steelers we have a good record and if we were going to falter I am glad it happened in the regular season and not in the playoffs.
__________________
Galax Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:27 AM   #10
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17,417
Member Number: 1984
Thanks: 141
Thanked 792 Times in 306 Posts
Default Re: Open The Floodgates Of Hate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers & I View Post
Yeah buddy We've seen this same type of post more than once, we're 8-3. we're 9-3. we're 10-3, calm down people, it's all good.

Let me share a little something with you from an Arians hater that will most-likely be trashing him this week. You see, it's NOT the loss that is bothersome to certain members, are we clear on that? It's the poor manner in which the Steelers OFFENSIVE SYSTEM performs versus formidable opponents.

As you know, in the post season, the Steelers could possibly face up to 3 of the teams that have already defeated them. In each one of those defeats, Arians offensive system failed to adjust to stunt blitzing packages. The Steelers offense, under the Arians system, has shown nothing but a gradual regression over the last 3 to 4 games. That's why members become upset, they want to see this offensive system reformed. They want to see gradual OFFENSIVE PROGRESSION from week to week, even if that involved a Steelers loss along the way. So what are we seeing? We're seeing an offense that has failed to improve, offensive formations and offensive play calling that will most-likely account for a one and done playoff appearance by the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Yeah, "buddy," we've seen this type of post more than once too about how we're "doomed" in the postseason. We lost to two of the three teams we beat in the 2005 postseason leading up to XL during the regular season that year as well and beat them on the road when it really counted against MUCH longer odds than we're facing now. So you'll have to pardon others if they don't share your vision of impending doom for this team. If we fall short, then you can come back and say "I told you so," and from reading some of your other posts around here you seem like the sort that would enjoy doing that anyway.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts