Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-22-2008, 01:45 AM   #1
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370
Default Polamalu was right....

...when he said this defense wasn't built to always bail out the offense.

They were bound to have a less-than-stellar game. And the day they have it happens to be the day the offense played some of their worst football of the year and Ben Roethlisberger decides to throw two picks and fumble the ball FOUR EFFEN TIMES!

I just hope the defense got their bad game out of hteir system and hopefully Ben got his last remaining bad game out of his system.

I'd rather them do it now than in the playoffs or worse, the Super Bowl a la the 2007 Patriots.

I'm over this loss. We still got the #2 seed which comes with a bye week and home game in the divisional round. We can still get a home game for the AFC Championship Game if the Titans lose the diivisional round game.

It's now time to focus on pounding the puppies from Cleveland, and then focus on getting that record sixth Lombardi.

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 01:50 AM   #2
Polamalu43
Team Captain

Member Number: 2665
Default Re: Polamalu was right....

I hope that our offense has atleast taken our defense to dinner, like 10 + times cause week after week the defense bails them out.another thing how in the world is arians still the OC?? The guy sucks, terrible.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack lambert
Polamalu43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 02:08 AM   #3
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polamalu43 View Post
I hope that our offense has atleast taken our defense to dinner, like 10 + times cause week after week the defense bails them out.another thing how in the world is arians still the OC?? The guy sucks, terrible.
IMHO, the ONLY reason that Arians is still the OC is because making the change this season when it became painfully obvious he sucked was too late. When you're playing expecting to be a top seed for the playoffs and the season is still going well in the W column, a big change like that isn't good to make.

It would cause too much disruption and probally some uneeded contreversy.

I sure hope that he gets fired in the offseason though, even if we win the Super Bowl.

One thing I did see from highlights is that when Ben wasn't fumbling the ball or throwing interceptions...he thre two TD passes in the game. And that first fumble, he got nailed hard by that defensive tackle, if we get that then we end up on top 21-7 (possibly 21-10 if they score a FG after what would have been a Ben rush TD). That would have changed the momentum of the game.

I hope we play the starters for at least a half, preferably 3 quarters against the Browns. I'd only pull them earlier if it was obvious the Browns were out to just injure guys to keep us from going deep into the playoffs. Playing the Browns "defense" would bring some confidence to Ben and the rest of the offense and help keep rust off during the bye week.

Old 12-22-2008, 02:46 AM   #4
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

the offense actually moved the ball during the first 3 quarters.. something we havent seen in a long time.. the problem was ben making turnovers.. something else we havent seen in a long time. they just cant seem to put together an overall quality game.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 02:49 AM   #5
NYC SteelersFan
Banned

Member Number: 10612

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
IMHO, the ONLY reason that Arians is still the OC is because making the change this season when it became painfully obvious he sucked was too late. When you're playing expecting to be a top seed for the playoffs and the season is still going well in the W column, a big change like that isn't good to make.

It would cause too much disruption and probally some uneeded contreversy.

I sure hope that he gets fired in the offseason though, even if we win the Super Bowl.
I hope you're right, I really do. Although I have to start questioning Tomlin offensively as well for having stubbornly sticking with Parker for this long. I hope we don't have a young Herm Edwards, and if we do, I hope that unlike Herm he eventually learns what putting an offense together means and learns fast.
NYC SteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 03:04 AM   #6
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC SteelersFan View Post
I hope you're right, I really do. Although I have to start questioning Tomlin offensively as well for having stubbornly sticking with Parker for this long. I hope we don't have a young Herm Edwards, and if we do, I hope that unlike Herm he eventually learns what putting an offense together means and learns fast.
I dont know what your exact beef with Parker is.

Before Parker sprained his MCL, he was a monster. He hasn't been right since, plus the shoulder injury. Moore has done an excellent job taking a bigger role in the offense, but he's not an every-down 25-30 carry a game back either.

What our run game misses is a true power back, even if he only has the late Bettis roles of short yardage/goal line and work-the-clock back. I think we had that in Mendenhall, but he got hurt. Our run game misses Smith at LT, Faneca at LG, and Simmons as RG because they were road graders. Our run game misses a true lead-blocking fullback like Kreider.

Seriosuly, who on this team right now is a 25-30 carry a game running back? If Parker was healthy, he would be. Moore isn't which is why he was never the feature back in Minnesota and was signed as the thrid-down back for Pittsburgh. Gary Russel, I don't think would handle it. Carey Davis is garbage as a fullback and an emergency RB, I wouldn't trust his ass with a game-load of carries.

Old 12-22-2008, 03:04 AM   #7
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

WILLIE PARKER SUCKS!!!!

THREAD DONE!

PLEASE CLOSE MODS!
Old 12-22-2008, 03:36 AM   #8
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,566 Times in 1,508 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Hopefully Ben has had his last bad game he was due one now we can focus on the stains and beat them and get on track heading into the playoffs.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:01 AM   #9
NYC SteelersFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
I think the team performed well in all phases. Tennessee wouldn't have even been in this game if not for all the turnovers.
That's like saying, "I would've lived longer had I not shot myself in the head". Not ragging on you, but if the team had 4 turnovers, then they didn't play good in all phases. If the had 4 turnovers, they actually played really bad in all phases.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:46 AM   #10
NYC SteelersFan
Banned

And your only good player?