Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 12-23-2008, 04:15 AM   #1
kaeotik
Water Boy

Member Number: 11216
Default Titans fans take on "towelgate"

What happened Sunday said a lot more about todays athelete than it did about Lendale White, or Keith Bullock. Hear me out. This is how pro atheletes act nowadays. It sucks, but it's true. I didn't care for the towel stomping myself, but it didn't surprise me. I don't like it when atheletes showboat, but virtually all of them do anymore. These atheletes don't even see it as disrespectful. Lendale White stomped on the towel, and then went out and hugged Steelers players, and wished them nothing but his best. You see it as disrespectful, and I do too, but the truth of the matter is, most players, would do the same thing in a heartbeat if they thought of it while beating the Steelers with the cameras on them. Sad, but true. Trust me, Lendale White does respect the Steelers, and so does Bullock, but todays pro atheletes don't know disrespect when they use it. It's as if they don't believe that disrespect exists.I just really think a lot of Steeler fans were so pissed off about the game itself, that they took this towel stomping thing way too far. The Steelers played as hard as they could Sunday. They just ran into a team that was better than them that day.Good luck the rest of the way guys. Unless it's the AFC Title game in Nashville of course.

Positive
Energy
Always
Corrects
Errors
kaeotik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 04:19 AM   #2
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,418 Times in 1,443 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Titans fans take on "towelgate"

Go away troll what a first post can we just go ahead and get rid of this troll Mods.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:24 AM   #3
kaeotik
Water Boy

Why so emo? I didn't come here to talk trash. I was not disrespectful.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:34 AM   #4
Steelers & I
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 10560

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaeotik View Post
What happened Sunday said a lot more about todays athelete than it did about Lendale White, or Keith Bullock. Hear me out. This is how pro atheletes act nowadays. It sucks, but it's true. I didn't care for the towel stomping myself, but it didn't surprise me. I don't like it when atheletes showboat, but virtually all of them do anymore. These atheletes don't even see it as disrespectful. Lendale White stomped on the towel, and then went out and hugged Steelers players, and wished them nothing but his best. You see it as disrespectful, and I do too, but the truth of the matter is, most players, would do the same thing in a heartbeat if they thought of it while beating the Steelers with the cameras on them. Sad, but true. Trust me, Lendale White does respect the Steelers, and so does Bullock, but todays pro atheletes don't know disrespect when they use it. It's as if they don't believe that disrespect exists.I just really think a lot of Steeler fans were so pissed off about the game itself, that they took this towel stomping thing way too far. [B]The Steelers played as hard as they could Sunday[/B]. They just ran into a team that was better than them that day.Good luck the rest of the way guys. Unless it's the AFC Title game in Nashville of course.

Positive
Energy
Always
Corrects
Errors

Really, from what I saw the Steelers played like crap. If you believe that you faced the Steelers best, then you're insane. Hopefully we'll see those Titans again.
Steelers & I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 04:37 AM   #5
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,418 Times in 1,443 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
You could have come on here with a better first post then trying to get all the members stired up over the towel it was disrespectfull proceeds from that towel go's to charity and to have them stomp them well you should have stomped the charity also and you didn't see anything wrong with what they did so you are a supporter also and a troll.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:41 AM   #6
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

Quote:
You weren't disrespectful but your analagy is wrong. To be honest, the game on Sunday was a trap game for the Steelers.

Just don't feel bad when the Titans lose in the playoffs, it could be pretty early.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:46 AM   #7
kaeotik
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers & I View Post
Really, from what I saw the Steelers played like crap. If you believe that you faced the Steelers best, then you're insane. Hopefully we'll see those Titans again.
I didn't say they played well. I said they played hard. They clearly didn't play their best game. The point I was tryin to make was that the Steelers can't play any harder than they did Sunday. They can certainly play better. They have proven that already this year. I was kinda reffering to the idea that they will play harder if they meet the Titans in the AFC title game, cuz of the towel thing. I think the Steelers would be highly offended at the notion that they didn't play as hard as they could Sunday. When the #1 seed in the AFC is on the line, you play with everything you've got. What I'm sayin is, a Titans/Steelers game in 4 weeks will not be changed over someone stomping on a towel. The Steelers will simply have to execute better to win. That has nothing to do with towels.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:51 AM   #8
kaeotik
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
Just don't feel bad when the Titans lose in the playoffs, it could be pretty early.
This is exactly the attitude that gets the Titans players so ticked off. It doesn't matter what they do, they are "overrated" Or they "will lose early in the playoffs" Mark my words, If the Titans win the Superbowl, more people will be giving excuses for the teams they beat losing, than giving the Titans credit for winning. Oh to be a small market team!
Old 12-23-2008, 04:58 AM   #9
kaeotik
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by galax steeler View Post
Go away troll what a first post can we just go ahead and get rid of this troll Mods.
Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
Intelligent and friendly discussions.
It's free and it's quick.
Enter events in the forums calendar.
Very user friendly software.
Exclusive contests and giveaways.

"Intelligent and friendly discussions" Don't make the site look bad galax steeler.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:14 AM   #10
Steelers & I
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 10560

Quote:
I didn't say they played well. I said they played hard. They clearly didn't play their best game. The point I was tryin to make was that the Steelers can't play any harder than they did Sunday. They can certainly play better. They have proven that already this year. I was kinda reffering to the idea that they will play harder if they meet the Titans in the AFC title game, cuz of the towel thing. I think the Steelers would be highly offended at the notion that they didn't play as hard as they could Sunday. When the #1 seed in the AFC is on the line, you play with everything you've got. What I'm sayin is, a Titans/Steelers game in 4 weeks will not be changed over someone stomping on a towel. The Steelers will simply have to execute better to win. That has nothing to do with towels.

The Steelers defense may have played hard by your estimations but believe me, they've played much harder and far better nearly all season. I'm not taking anything away from the Titans, they made some things happen and they deservingly won that game. Just keep this in mind, the final score was inflated by 10 or so "BS points". The game was a lot closer than the final score indicated.

It's my opinion that the Steelers lost that game when the Titans completed a 19 1/2 yard pass on 3rd and 20. That was a crucial point in the game but hey, the Titans executed the play, no one can take that away from them.

In order to keep my optomism high, I have deducted the BS 10 points from the final score and realize that as terrible as Ben Roethlisberger and the offense played, the Steelers were still in the game FAR longer than they should have been. If the Titans would have given the Steelers "the same 4 turnovers", you can bet your A$$ that the final score would have indicated so by a greater margin than 17 points.
Steelers & I is offline   Reply With Quote