Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 12-24-2008, 11:00 PM   #1
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401
Default Ahmadinejad: Jesus would stand with oppressed

Quote:
LONDON, England (CNN) -- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's upcoming Christmas message will say Jesus would be a defender of the oppressed if he were alive today.

"Jesus the Son of Mary is the standard-bearer of justice, of love for our fellow human beings, of the fight against tyranny, discrimination and injustice," Ahmadinejad will say, according to a preliminary text of remarks he is planning to deliver in a message to be broadcast Thursday -- Christmas Day -- on British TV.

The fiery Iranian leader, who has angered Western countries with his sharp comments on Israel, nuclear power, and the role of the United States in the world, will be delivering the Alternative Christmas Message on Britain's Channel 4.

The network, which calls the event a "traditional alternative to The Queen's Christmas Day broadcast," issued the preliminary text.

The thrust of his words and the overall message contained religiously inclusive rhetoric, such as his congratulating "the followers of Abrahamic faiths, especially the followers of Jesus Christ, and the people of Britain." And his words conjured a hopeful future.

But some of his remarks reflected Ahmadinejad's trademark bluntness.

"If Christ was on earth today undoubtedly he would stand with the people in opposition to bullying, ill-tempered and expansionist powers," the text says.

"If Christ was on earth today undoubtedly he would hoist the banner of justice and love for humanity to oppose warmongers, occupiers, terrorists and bullies the world over.

"If Christ was on earth today undoubtedly he would fight against the tyrannical policies of prevailing global economic and political systems, as he did in his lifetime."

The alternative address tradition, which began in 1993, has included remarks from the Rev. Jesse Jackson, an injured Afghan war veteran, a survivor of the attacks of September 11, 2001, and Marge from the television show "The Simpsons."

The network notes that "relations between Iran and the West" will play "a central role in world affairs" in the coming year. The address -- which won't be broadcast opposite the queen's message -- will be preceded by a "short introduction" that will put the leader's "appearance in context."

"As the leader of one of the most powerful states in the Middle East, President Ahmadinejad's views are enormously influential. As we approach a critical time in international relations, we are offering our viewers an insight into an alternative world view," said Dorothy Byrne, head of news and current affairs.

"Channel 4 has devoted more airtime to examining Iran than any other broadcaster and this message continues a long tradition of offering a different perspective on the world around us."

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/me...age/index.html
So Jesus would be with the Iranians ...? This man is 1 heck of a entertaining fool.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:26 PM   #2
SteelCurtain7
Starter

Member Number: 10885
Default Re: Ahmadinejad: Jesus would stand with oppressed

When Jesu returns, He'll be bringing the vengeance of heaven on those who oppress and terrorize...like Mahmoud Iloveademonicjihad. :headbang:
SteelCurtain7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 12:14 AM   #3
Dr. Steel
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 10996

Ahmadinejad does know Jesus was a Jew. Can somebody just put this fool in a wood chipper..
Dr. Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 06:56 PM   #4
millwalldavey
Head Coach

Member Number: 6220

Last I checked this supposed Jesus was a man of peace and brotherhood.

A man like that I do not think would bring "vengeance" on anyone. Accept those who may take and bend his teachings.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:38 PM   #5
SteelCurtain7
Starter

Not sure which Bible version you're digging that up from, Davey.

When Jesus returns, He brings with Him all the armies of heaven to wipe all His foes off the face of the earth (see Revelation, especially chapter 19).

Jesus isn't some peace-loving hippie...He's the one Who "treads the winepress of the wrath of Almighty God." :rock:
Old 12-26-2008, 08:40 AM   #6
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Jesus would stand with the Iranians...and the Turks...and the Jews...and the Indonesians...and the Nigerians...and the Brazilians...and the Italians, the Germans, the Chinese, the Japanese, the Indians, the Russians, the Canadians, the French, the Greeks, the Ethiopians, the Congolese, the Australians, the Mexicans, the Spanish, the English, the Liberians, the Uzbekians, the Serbians, the Persians, the Ottomans, the Arabs, Jews, Whites, Blacks, Browns, Yellows, Reds and everyone else in the world.

See that's the thing about Jesus. He loved and still does Love EVERYONE.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:12 AM   #7
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
See that's the thing about Jesus. He loved and still does Love EVERYONE.
And that's God's truth!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:25 AM   #8
millwalldavey
Head Coach

Member Number: 6220

Dino, that was great. I'm an Athiest, but even I know that about the man called Jesus.

So many people who fly his banner just paint him with red, white and blue and apply a lot of American standards to him.

They are no different than the Muslims most of them are so terrified of.

Another big reason I feel the way I do.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:53 PM   #9
SteelCurtain7
Starter

I'm not sure who you're referring to with these "red, white, and blue" comments...perhaps a strawman, back-handed swipe at me. I never said such a thing.

While "God is love," He is also the Judge, Who will judge everyone "according to what he has done." For those who blow Him off, and refuse to allow Him to be Lord of their lives, He has no choice but to allow them to go to hell. Like CS Lewis (former atheist, who wised up and got down to business with Mr. God) said, "There are two sorts of people. One who says to God, 'Thy will be done'; and those to whom He will say, 'THY will be done'." :rock:

God is holy, and cannot tolerate the presence of sin. But He also gives mankind the ability to make free-will choices of where they will spend eternity. He has also provided a way out through the cross. No man who winds up in hell will wonder why he's there.

Sorry if that's too much for those of you who have adopted this religious version of political correctness, but that's the way it is.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:58 PM   #10
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Member Number: 10886

wow...i guess you guys like to talk about everything and i mean EVERYTHING on these boards! haha!

jeez...talking about God and Jesus on Steeler boards. sounds like fun to me. haha

i'm not a hater and i'm not a follower of the word, the book, and the man. i'm just saying it's weird to read a post about Jesus on the Steeler boards. haha!