Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 12:01 AM   #1
T.Richardson
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 10617
Default Calling all Ben Haters!

Here are three QB's who were considered "better" than Ben in there most important games this season and are going to be watching the playoffs.

Romo: 21/39 183 yards 1 int, and 2 lost fumbles. 3 total turnovers.
Favre: 20/40 233 yards 3 ints. 3 total turnovers.
Cutler: 33/49 316 yards 2 ints. 2 total turnovers.

Yet, some Ben haters will give them passes because they dont have a good defense or they lost some key players to injuries, blah blah blah. Yet, they constantly bash Ben, and continue to say he is mediocre. Ben fumbles or throws a pick, and he is the worst player. Romo, Favre, and Cutler dont get the same criticism, and if most of you Ben haters dont acknowledge this, then you all are hypocrites. You guys dont know what you have until its gone. Pittsburgh is lucky to have Ben.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:06 AM   #2
I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 10606
Default Re: Calling all Ben Haters!

Don't confuse them with numbers. The numbers only work in their favor, not against them.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:07 AM   #3
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'd rather have Big Ben as our QB than ANY other QB playing in the NFL right now. Period.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 12-29-2008, 07:20 AM   #4
LambertIsGod58
Team President

Member Number: 410

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold View Post
Don't confuse them with numbers. The numbers only work in their favor, not against them.
Again, you love Ben for how he laces his shoes. The numbers work in our favor b/c it's your LOVE for him that makes him what he is to YOU. I've never said he's the worst QB. All I've been trying to say, banging my head against the wall, is that he's not as great as you all make him out to be. And it's so tiresome to hear how Ben won this game or games. Granted it was Cleveland, but did you see how our offense played without Ben. Didn't seem to miss a beat with a reject from Jacksonville and Atlanta.

But don't put too much stock into anything I've had to say. I know that I'm not a TRUE Steelers fan since I'm not as big a fan of Ben as you are.

"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
Old 12-29-2008, 08:33 AM   #5
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertIsGod58 View Post
Again, you love Ben for how he laces his shoes. The numbers work in our favor b/c it's your LOVE for him that makes him what he is to YOU. I've never said he's the worst QB. All I've been trying to say, banging my head against the wall, is that he's not as great as you all make him out to be. And it's so tiresome to hear how Ben won this game or games. Granted it was Cleveland, but did you see how our offense played without Ben. Didn't seem to miss a beat with a reject from Jacksonville and Atlanta.

But don't put too much stock into anything I've had to say. I know that I'm not a TRUE Steelers fan since I'm not as big a fan of Ben as you are.
I am sure you would rather have Romo, as you've said before, because he just wins games, lol.
We wouldn't have gotten to the Superbowl with out Ben in 2005 and he made plays in SBXL that helped us win. Can you say the same for your hero, Romo, I think not.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:50 AM   #6
LambertIsGod58
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick5895 View Post
I am sure you would rather have Romo, as you've said before, because he just wins games, lol.
We wouldn't have gotten to the Superbowl with out Ben in 2005 and he made plays in SBXL that helped us win. Can you say the same for your hero, Romo, I think not.
Hey Rick, show me where I said I like Romo b/c he wins games? Didn't say it, didn't happen. So please use FACT if you're gonna put words in my mouth. I'd also remind you getting to and winning the SB are two entirely different things. O'Donnell got us there too. And Ben didn't play any better than O'Donnell did, lol.

Old 12-29-2008, 08:53 AM   #7
LambertIsGod58
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Richardson View Post
Here are three QB's who were considered "better" than Ben in there most important games this season and are going to be watching the playoffs.

Yet, some Ben haters will give them passes because they dont have a good defense or they lost some key players to injuries, blah blah blah. Yet, they constantly bash Ben, and continue to say he is mediocre. Ben fumbles or throws a pick, and he is the worst player. Romo, Favre, and Cutler dont get the same criticism, and if most of you Ben haters dont acknowledge this, then you all are hypocrites. You guys dont know what you have until its gone. Pittsburgh is lucky to have Ben.
Cutler 27 TDs 20 TOs 86.0 QB rating
Favre 23 TDs 24 TOs 81.0 QB rating
Romo 26 TDs 21 TOs 91.0 QB rating

Ben 19 TDs 22 TOs 80.1 QB rating

Ben has a worse QB rating including TO ratio.....but insert pass here ___________.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:37 AM   #8
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
uh, i am not a BR hater, but the titans' game was the most important game for the steelers this year because it would have given them homefield advantage.

BR - 26/40, 331 yds, 2 INTs, 4 fumbles/2 lost, 4 TOs in total

this is not posted to say BR is horrible(because he isn't) or should be benched or is not worthy of being the steelers' starting QB for the seasons to come.

but if romo, favre or cutler were the steelers' QB you would be making a biased post about them. which is fine. i am all for people posting pretty much whatever they want. we are all biased at times also, your post isn't baseless.

however, did you know BR is tied for the NFL lead in fumbles lost(7), 1st in total fumbles(14), 2nd in total TOs(22) and 4th in INTs?

do i want BR benched or another QB brought in next to compete? no. the reason is because i realize it's not all BR's fault. the steelers' O-line has been falling apart since 2003. BR, at times, only has a second to look up field before he is dodging defenders in the backfield, but some of those sacks are BR's fault. he tends to leave the pocket early, holds the ball too long and doesn't survey the field very well at times. i am concerned about BR's growth as a QB.

BR will be the starter in the post-season and 2009, as well he should be.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:28 AM   #9
GodofGridiron
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10597

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'd rather have Big Ben as our QB than ANY other QB playing in the NFL right now. Period.
Thats because you suffer from serious Homerism. While im happy Ben is the QB for this team, i wouldnt frown on Peyton Manning takin snaps for this team, i like Philip Rivers toughness..........Drew Brees......these guys have taken their games to another level. If you say you wouldnt want either of those guys, then you've proven your a homer.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:33 AM   #10
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodofGridiron View Post
Thats because you suffer from serious Homerism. While im happy Ben is the QB for this team, i wouldnt frown on Peyton Manning takin snaps for this team, i like Philip Rivers toughness..........Drew Brees......these guys have taken their games to another level. If you say you wouldnt want either of those guys, then you've proven your a homer.
Hypocrisy much? I've read more than one post of yours bellyaching about people being called out for criticizing Ben and then you call someone else a homer for expressing their opinion? Time to step down off that high horse.
Closed Thread