Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2008, 05:12 PM   #1
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 1,869
Member Number: 7718
Thanks: 96
Thanked 766 Times in 341 Posts
Default Call me a homer

Wille Parker has been hurt and when he has played this year he has just not seem like he is full strength. The last few years he has proven that he is a very good running back. Now what I am leading up to is if Tomlin decides he is our best bet to win than I believe he must be our best option. Not the only option but the best option. Same with any position on the field. I have never read so much discord from fans of a playoff, SuperBowl contending team ever.

I read post after post ranting on Willie, Ben, The Line, Arians, Nate, so many in fact i believe if we had Cheerleaders we would complain about them. Listen, I am a homer, and if you tell me Hines has lost a step, is not getting open as much, maybe even dropping a few more than in the past, then I will consider that for a moment, maybe grudgingly agree. Then I would say there is no one I had rather have, even though there are many receivers out there better. I say this because Hines Ward is our man and he has been good in the past and I expect him to be be good now and for a few more years. Same with Willie, Same with Ben. WE can complain about the play of our Steelers in certain positions but they are what we have. We do not get to wave a magic wand and replace someone with another player from another team, or another player from another era.

We talk about we would do this or we would do that, we would bench this player or trade this player. Our organization has done a wonderful job this year and they deserve a lot of credit, even more so than the defense(who no ones seems to find any fault with,yet). They have made moves that I questioned and yet they (surprise) seem to know more than me.

In conclusion we have plenty of time to nick pick and complain about everything with this team at the end of the season. If we lose we can all expect to hear how this poster was right all along and if Tomlin would have only used his head. Those same posters if we win will more than likely never admit maybe they were too harsh and maybe their expectations were indeed too high.

One last note to my fellow "homers". WE bring a lot of this on ourselves by replying to some of the more vocal critics and fall to the same level. For every Thanks Ben or thanks Willie thread, another thread is started about how they should be benched or the all inclusive thread "they suck". It should not hurt any of us to look at the games we have lost and realized that our heroes have made more than the usual mistakes. I do. But in the end they are on the team that I love, and in the end they are forgiven because while I can see some fault in them I also have seen them do incredible feats on the field.

We are in position to make history. Toughest schedule, outstanding defense, overcoming injuries, issues with our offense(like I said I know of our teams shortcomings) yet we have a very good chance of winning it all.

Last edited by Ricco Suavez; 12-29-2008 at 05:16 PM. Reason: spelling grammar
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:15 PM   #2
stillers4me
Living Legend
 
stillers4me's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 8,670
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2656
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Call me a homer

You're a homer! I'm a homer! I think we can do this thing!
__________________
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:17 PM   #3
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 1,869
Member Number: 7718
Thanks: 96
Thanked 766 Times in 341 Posts
Default Re: Call me a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
You're a home! I'm a homer! I think we can do this thing!
Did you call me a homey?
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:40 PM   #4
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter
 
stlrtruck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,783
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2398
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Call me a homer

I'm a homer, she's a homer, he's a homer, wouldn't you like to be a homer too!

Cheer the Steelers, Cheer the Steelers!
__________________

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:43 PM   #5
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter
 
43Hitman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Richmond, Va.
Posts: 5,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1251
Thanks: 2,278
Thanked 752 Times in 396 Posts
My Mood: Cool
Default Re: Call me a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
Wille Parker has been hurt and when he has played this year he has just not seem like he is full strength. The last few years he has proven that he is a very good running back. Now what I am leading up to is if Tomlin decides he is our best bet to win than I believe he must be our best option. Not the only option but the best option. Same with any position on the field. I have never read so much discord from fans of a playoff, SuperBowl contending team ever.

I read post after post ranting on Willie, Ben, The Line, Arians, Nate, so many in fact i believe if we had Cheerleaders we would complain about them. Listen, I am a homer, and if you tell me Hines has lost a step, is not getting open as much, maybe even dropping a few more than in the past, then I will consider that for a moment, maybe grudgingly agree. Then I would say there is no one I had rather have, even though there are many receivers out there better. I say this because Hines Ward is our man and he has been good in the past and I expect him to be be good now and for a few more years. Same with Willie, Same with Ben. WE can complain about the play of our Steelers in certain positions but they are what we have. We do not get to wave a magic wand and replace someone with another player from another team, or another player from another era.

We talk about we would do this or we would do that, we would bench this player or trade this player. Our organization has done a wonderful job this year and they deserve a lot of credit, even more so than the defense(who no ones seems to find any fault with,yet). They have made moves that I questioned and yet they (surprise) seem to know more than me.

In conclusion we have plenty of time to nick pick and complain about everything with this team at the end of the season. If we lose we can all expect to hear how this poster was right all along and if Tomlin would have only used his head. Those same posters if we win will more than likely never admit maybe they were too harsh and maybe their expectations were indeed too high.

One last note to my fellow "homers". WE bring a lot of this on ourselves by replying to some of the more vocal critics and fall to the same level. For every Thanks Ben or thanks Willie thread, another thread is started about how they should be benched or the all inclusive thread "they suck". It should not hurt any of us to look at the games we have lost and realized that our heroes have made more than the usual mistakes. I do. But in the end they are on the team that I love, and in the end they are forgiven because while I can see some fault in them I also have seen them do incredible feats on the field.

We are in position to make history. Toughest schedule, outstanding defense, overcoming injuries, issues with our offense(like I said I know of our teams shortcomings) yet we have a very good chance of winning it all.
Very well said. Call me a Homer(by the way that is why I switched my avatar earlier this season)! I also double as a male cheeleader!
__________________


"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:44 PM   #6
The Duke
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 7,459
Gender: Male
Member Number: 4800
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Call me a homer

You homer



The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 06:01 PM   #7
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Call me a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
Very well said. Call me a Homer(by the way that is why I switched my avatar earlier this season)! I also double as a male cheeleader!
Got pics?

I'm a cheerleading homer and I'm damned proud of it!

Great post Ricco!

We finished 12-4 - far better than most of us even dreamed possible this season with that absolutely brutal schedule, we're AFCN champs once again, we have the #2 seed in the conference and we're headed into the playoffs. What the hell is there to B & M about???
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 07:04 PM   #8
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter
 
43Hitman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Richmond, Va.
Posts: 5,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1251
Thanks: 2,278
Thanked 752 Times in 396 Posts
My Mood: Cool
Default Re: Call me a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Got pics?

I'm a cheerleading homer and I'm damned proud of it!

Great post Ricco!

We finished 12-4 - far better than most of us even dreamed possible this season with that absolutely brutal schedule, we're AFCN champs once again, we have the #2 seed in the conference and we're headed into the playoffs. What the hell is there to B & M about???
I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
__________________


"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 07:05 PM   #9
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter
 
Texasteel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 3,638
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8323
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Call me a homer

I was a homer before it was cool.
__________________


Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 07:10 PM   #10
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter
 
43Hitman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Richmond, Va.
Posts: 5,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1251
Thanks: 2,278
Thanked 752 Times in 396 Posts
My Mood: Cool
Default Re: Call me a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
I was a homer before it was cool.
You're the trend setter!
__________________


"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts