Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2008, 11:11 AM   #11
xfl2001fan
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Columbus OH
Posts: 3,641
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8741
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Pro Bowl Could be leaving Honolulu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Dumb idea. The only reason the players are willing to show up is their wives/girlfriends want the trip to Hawaii.
Seriously...the NFL needs to really rethink this option if they keep the two paired together in the same city.

Can you imagine a week long gala for the SB/Probowl in...Detroit? UGH

As it is, I disagree with SB sites (No chance for Heinz Field or Cleveland Browns Stadium to ever host a SB...what kind of crap is that?)

The Pro Bowl in Hawaii worked (IMO) because it was a reward for the players who were the most popular...err...best at their position in a given year. If you're a Dolphin who makes it to the PB (a la Joey Porter), who is it a reward to go to...Miami in 2010? There's no vacation involved in it.
__________________
If you take the "U" out of "STUD", you get STD. I'm just saying.
xfl2001fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:16 AM   #12
millwalldavey
Head Coach
 
millwalldavey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Coal Township PA.
Posts: 1,510
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6220
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Pro Bowl Could be leaving Honolulu.

My friend went to the pro bowl twice when he was stationed (army) in Hawaii. That was a rough 3 years!

The first year he went they went out on the field for warmups the day before. Warren Sapp left the team warmups to shake hands and meet all of the servicemen. The next year he went back, Sapp did it again and remembered his name!

He swears Sapp was the biggest human being he had ever seen!
__________________
millwalldavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:25 PM   #13
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter
 
stlrtruck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,783
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2398
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Pro Bowl Could be leaving Honolulu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwalldavey View Post
He swears Sapp was the biggest human being he had ever seen!
That's funny because my experiences with Sapp are completely opposite and I consider him one of the biggest jackass' to ever wear an NFL Jersey - right up there with Darrell Green!
__________________

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 02:12 PM   #14
millwalldavey
Head Coach
 
millwalldavey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Coal Township PA.
Posts: 1,510
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6220
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Pro Bowl Could be leaving Honolulu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
That's funny because my experiences with Sapp are completely opposite and I consider him one of the biggest jackass' to ever wear an NFL Jersey - right up there with Darrell Green!
Hmmm. What were you circumstances for dealing with him? Jason said he really made a fuss over the servicemen.
__________________
millwalldavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 02:22 PM   #15
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$
 
steelreserve's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: www.meatspin.com
Posts: 4,599
Member Number: 1976
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Pro Bowl Could be leaving Honolulu.

You know what? I don't care about the game now and I rarely watch any of it, because it's just the Pro Bowl.

If they move it, I won't care about the game and I'll rarely watch any of it, because the fundamental issue is the same: It's still just the Pro Bowl.
__________________
"An empty victory is a victory nonetheless."
steelreserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:25 PM   #16
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter
 
stlrtruck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,783
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2398
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Pro Bowl Could be leaving Honolulu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwalldavey View Post
Hmmm. What were you circumstances for dealing with him? Jason said he really made a fuss over the servicemen.
I was an intern during training camp in '98. And initially he was cool. Fun to talk to and just a fun guy but then one day when 989 Sports came in for the players to test the new game, I guess (from what another intern told me) he didn't like something I said about a play that Michael Irvin made on the video game and he pretty much treated me like dog shite the rest of training camp.
__________________

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:03 PM   #17
The Duke
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 7,459
Gender: Male
Member Number: 4800
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Pro Bowl Could be leaving Honolulu.

I guess the NFL really doesn't care about the pro bowl.

This will affect the ratings and all the pro bowlers in the super bowl won't go. The only thing left is hawwai, and they take that too
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:09 PM   #18
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Pro Bowl Could be leaving Honolulu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
That's funny because my experiences with Sapp are completely opposite and I consider him one of the biggest jackass' to ever wear an NFL Jersey - right up there with Darrell Green!
Maybe so - but for as enormous as he is, he sure can dance!

I haven't watched a Pro Bowl in years. All it is anymore is a huge NFL popularity contest.
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:16 PM   #19
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hollidaysburg PA
Posts: 19,587
Gender: Male
Member Number: 541
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Pro Bowl Could be leaving Honolulu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Maybe so - but for as enormous as he is, he sure can dance!

I haven't watched a Pro Bowl in years. All it is anymore is a huge NFL popularity contest.
One more reason why fan voting has carried too much weight.
__________________

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:10 AM   #20
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Pro Bowl Could be leaving Honolulu.

Don't care much for this at all either way...
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts