Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2005, 06:21 PM   #21
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter
 
RoethlisBURGHer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Clowns Town,Ohio
Posts: 5,941
Member Number: 370
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Clowns week.. Unedited !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motley Nate
I'd really like to see Frye do good as a pro since he's a hometown guy, but I can't see him having a chance against Pitt's D.
I wanna see Frye succeed to,except for when he plays Pittsburgh,then I want us to make him suck.
__________________

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 06:39 PM   #22
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter
 
Suitanim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Posts: 6,086
Gender: Male
Member Number: 591
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Clowns week.. Unedited !!

Having closely followed Frye's career since he was thrust into the starting role against, of all teams, Ohio State, in, of all places, the horseshoe in 2000, and, being an Akron U alum, having watched him play many, many times in person at the Rubber Bowl, as well as against Josh Cribbs at Dix Stadium in Kent, I can tell you that he is the real deal, but that he'll get in trouble against the Steelers by trying too hard to make things happen when he gets in trouble.

That may be the longest sentence ever posted at SF that actually made sense...:-)
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 07:13 PM   #23
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned
 
BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Central PA.
Posts: 8,144
Gender: Male
Member Number: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Clowns week.. Unedited !!

It was only a matter of time anyways..no self respecting browns fan actually thought that Dilfer was gonna lead them anywhere special, did they ? Well then again we are talking browns fans here..

Frye has shown great decision making abilities for the most part and looks like crennell may not have to worry about drafting a QB after all..
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 07:22 PM   #24
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter
 
Suitanim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Posts: 6,086
Gender: Male
Member Number: 591
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Clowns week.. Unedited !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
It was only a matter of time anyways..no self respecting browns fan actually thought that Dilfer was gonna lead them anywhere special, did they ? Well then again we are talking browns fans here..

Frye has shown great decision making abilities for the most part and looks like crennell may not have to worry about drafting a QB after all..
Dilfer did what he was supposed to: Be a tough mediocre QB who didn't make too many mistakes while getting the crap kicked out of him because of an only average line while tutoring the rookie. Dilfer is tough, and can take a hit. He was a sacrificial lamb for Charlie Frye.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 07:26 PM   #25
UK CANDY BEE
Bench Warmer
 
UK CANDY BEE's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 310
Gender: Male
Member Number: 947
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Clowns week.. Unedited !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
we can read ......
Yeah apparently, but you ARE Pissburgh fans, so JUST BARELY !!!

I would LOVE to say that THIS TIME when we score on the opening drive, we will follow that with MANY more TD drives, but the overall incompetence of our OC simply WON'T allow it !!

Instead, I'll simply point out that this rivalry, and please don't give me any of the IDIOTIC CRAP about how this is NOT a rivalry, or the TRUE rival is in Balti*****.....this rivaly is USUALLY pretty close, so a break or two here or there COULD be the DIFFERENCE in the game.

As for your QB and what other teams think of him ........... It is kinda tough to have a great deal of regard for a guy who does little more than hand the ball of such a HUGE percentage of the time !! Hell, I COULD DO THAT !! He doesn't audible very well ........or AT ALL for the most part. I have NEVER seen him look off a DB, and he might just lead the league iin check down passes !!

You MIGHT make the post season, but you'll NEVER win so much as an AFC Championship with PigPen........errr.........sorry.....BigBen taking snaps ......... at least, not until he LEARNS TO PLAY HIS POSITION !!

I can readily admit that our guy Charlie is still learning, but I like what I've seen so far form him, other than showing he can dependably execute a handoff, what great upside has Ben shown so far ??

Perhaps he might grow into a good QB, but Cowher's overall "run, run, then run some more" game plan might never allow it to happen !!

In the meantime, I happened upon a Steeler site all you guys might already be registered at, wasn't my cup of tea, but you guys ought to fit right in ...........

http://novogate.com/exco/index.php?boardid=2654

Last edited by UK CANDY BEE; 12-20-2005 at 07:41 PM.
UK CANDY BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 07:35 PM   #26
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter
 
clevestinks's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,326
Member Number: 302
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Clowns week.. Unedited !!

Apparantly you have`nt watched much of Ben this season, or you would see his passing game. Stats aren`t number one , just wins any way. I know alot of browns fans, tons. And they would all agree that Ben is a great qb, while they are also hoping that Charlie gets to his level. Even with a bad right thumb, he will still win again this weekend.
This used to be a rivalry, but poll after poll, Steelers fans routinely vote either the ratbirds or not the Pats as thier biggest rival. I am here to tell you, that only cleveanders still believe in the rivalry. You can blame that on your old friend Art Modell. The rivalry lost all its steam after there wasnt a team for three years. Playing close games against us, doesn`t make it a rival, just some pretty close games, that we win 95% of the time lately.
__________________
<b>BLEEDING BLACK & GOLD IN OHIO</b>[
clevestinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 07:50 PM   #27
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach
 
Cape Cod Steel Head's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cape Cod MA.
Posts: 1,325
Gender: Male
Member Number: 545
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Clowns week.. Unedited !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK CANDY BEE
Yeah apparently, but you ARE Pissburgh fans, so JUST BARELY !!!

I would LOVE to say that THIS TIME when we score on the opening drive, we will follow that with MANY more TD drives, but the overall incompetence of our OC simply WON'T allow it !!

Instead, I'll simply point out that this rivalry, and please don't give me any of the IDIOTIC CRAP about how this is NOT a rivalry, or the TRUE rival is in Balti*****.....this rivaly is USUALLY pretty close, so a break or two here or there COULD be the DIFFERENCE in the game.

As for your QB and what other teams think of him ........... It is kinda tough to have a great deal of regard for a guy who does little more than hand the ball of such a HUGE percentage of the time !! Hell, I COULD DO THAT !! He doesn't audible very well ........or AT ALL for the most part. I have NEVER seen him look off a DB, and he might just lead the league iin check down passes !!

You MIGHT make the post season, but you'll NEVER win so much as an AFC Championship with PigPen........errr.........sorry.....BigBen taking snaps ......... at least, not until he LEARNS TO PLAY HIS POSITION !!

I can readily admit that our guy Charlie is still learning, but I like what I've seen so far form him, other than showing he can dependably execute a handoff, what great upside has Ben shown so far ??

Perhaps he might grow into a good QB, but Cowher's overall "run, run, then run some more" game plan might never allow it to happen !!

In the meantime, I happened upon a Steeler site all you guys might already be registered at, wasn't my cup of tea, but you guys ought to fit right in ...........

http://novogate.com/exco/index.php?boardid=2654
Could it be someone from Digital Dawgs is here and they are actually talking football instead of who did whose mom and acts of homosexuality? Say it isn't so.
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 07:53 PM   #28
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter
 
Suitanim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Posts: 6,086
Gender: Male
Member Number: 591
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Clowns week.. Unedited !!

Whew! This must've been tough, cribbing all this nonsense from other, sharper pencils in other boxes and trying to put it altogether as your own here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbassclownsfan
I have NEVER seen him look off a DB, and he might just lead the league iin check down passes
Ben goes through his progressions as all good QB's do...and, um, when he "Looks off" DB's, that's when he checks down to his RB or TE or screen WR. You "check down" by going through your progressions of possible receivers.

Perhaps you should read "Football for Dummies" before you start acting like you know what the **** you're talking about...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 07:54 PM   #29
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach
 
Cape Cod Steel Head's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cape Cod MA.
Posts: 1,325
Gender: Male
Member Number: 545
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Clowns week.. Unedited !!

My bad .I guess I should have clicked on the link first. I knew it was too good to be true.
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 02:16 PM   #30
UK CANDY BEE
Bench Warmer
 
UK CANDY BEE's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 310
Gender: Male
Member Number: 947
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Clowns week.. Unedited !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
Ben goes through his progressions as all good QB's do...and, um, when he "Looks off" DB's, that's when he checks down to his RB or TE or screen WR. You "check down" by going through your progressions of possible receivers.

Perhaps you should read "Football for Dummies" before you start acting like you know what the **** you're talking about...
First, you really shouldn't mention Ben in the same sentence as "good QB".

Second, looking of a DB has NOTHING to do with checking down, nor does checking down necessarily have anything to do with going through a progression.

The BigBen method of checking down is this: My primary guy (the only one I usually even look to for this play) is not open, so where's the dump off option (sometimes an RB out in the flat,sometimes not).

VIOLA ........... Ben has just checked down without looking off ANYONE !!

You look off a DB by maintaining eye contact in an area or areas you don't really plan to throw to, thereby keeping the real target area safer for your pass.

Is there any other education you require ??

I played QB for a few years, (where is unimportant) so I have a fairly good grasp of the requirements of the position. All QBs have their strengths and weaknesses, the key to turning a guy with potential into a great player is to make use of his strengths while enhancing them and work on eliminating his weaknesses (as much as possible) along the way.

And the Stoolers have been doing just that with Ben, but the problem I see with Roethlisberger is that each time they try to take a look at how much progress he is making in improving his weak areas, he shows just how little progress there is.

So, to be completely honest, Ben is just not progressing as quickly as you might hope. Does he suck ?? Of course not, but his development took a wrong turn (IMO) when he was forced into action last season, not to mention he really never had a quality guy to learn from. He may well get to where you need him to be, but it will certainly take awhile longer, and to pretend he is closer than he is serves no real purpose at all, except maybe to make you Ketchup Field folks delude each other ....

While it is certainly true that I HATE THE STEELERS, I am able to put aside that hatred enough to be unbiased about how a guy plays (smack BS aside, of course). So to wind this up on a more Christmas - like goodwill to all men type of note, I will name three guys who I truly believe would look sooooo much better in Orange & Brown iinstead of Piss & Black........

Troy Polamalu ............ just keeps getting better.
Alan Faneca ............... Droughns would have given him TWO watches !!
Joey Porter ................ I would trade ALMOST any two of our LBs for him.

MERRY CHRISTMAS Stooler scum !! I hope the Browns give you an unhappy trip back to Pissburgh for a present !!

Last edited by UK CANDY BEE; 12-23-2005 at 03:13 AM.
UK CANDY BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts