Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-31-2008, 07:15 PM   #1
warddj86
Starter

Member Number: 4235
Question Is Pittsburgh the only team standing in Baltimore's way of the Super Bowl?

Baltimore's a truly proven team; and with a somewhat decent defense or an average defense, they can throw up a lot of points. Indy's defense is struggling, Miami's defense is unproven, San Diego's defense relies on the offense to score, so when they make a mistake, it doesn't kill them. Which leaves us and Tennessee. I honestly think that the Titans are going to choke in the playoffs, I really do. Other than Collins, has anybody on the Titans experienced winning in January games. I think come playoff time, both the Steelers and Ravens can beat the Titans. With all of the playoff teams and positions set, does anybody other than us and maybe Indianapolis jump out at you as someone who can take down Baltimore, because although they have an unproven rookie quarterback from Delaware in Joe Flacco, can they be stopped in the playoffs be just an average defense? Or will it take our #1 defense to bring them down to earth. Although they may not have shown it in their two games against us, they can put points on the board, and with their proven defense that can grind it out at the end of critical games, who's to say that they can be defeated by an Indianapolis, a Miami, a San Diego, or a Tennessee. It may be up to us to prevent a repeat of the 2000 Super Bowl.

Thoughts?
warddj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 07:33 PM   #2
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Default Re: Is Pittsburgh the only team standing in Baltimore's way of the Super Bowl?

Ravens to the SB? With a rookie HC and a rookie QB? Doubtful.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 07:34 PM   #3
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568
Default Re: Is Pittsburgh the only team standing in Baltimore's way of the Super Bowl?

with the colts.. it doesn't matter if there def is struggling if they can put up 30+ points on u it's a done deal esp w/ that clutch kicker they have..

but other than that i agree with u.. i was suprised that the fins did so well this yr and won the division.. and the way the wildcat actually has worked.. but from afar they rly don't look to be a playoff team..

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 07:39 PM   #4
westcoastransplant
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11289

The only thing about the Ravens that is proven is the defense. A rookie QB playing great is not something you want to bank on in the playoffs. Sure, they have a good running game but we've seen what happens to Flacco when he faces a good defense. I would be more worried about the Colts the way Manning is playing right now.
westcoastransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 07:52 PM   #5
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

The first team in Baltimore's way is Miami.

That's why you play the game. If it was just as easy as picking who you think should win, well it wouldn't be any fun at all.

Baltimore would also have to go to Tennessee if they Beat Miami, and I'm pretty sure they lost to Tennesse once already this year.

So No. Baltimore has a tough road ahead, and its starts with the Dolphins.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:36 PM   #6
GridironWarrior
Starter

Member Number: 9565

The Ravens do 2 things I wish the Steelers could do. Protect the QB and run the ball.They are a Super Bowl Caliber team. Pitt this year isn't and I hate to say it but it's true.
GridironWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:47 PM   #7
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Go pull for the Ravens then.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:51 PM   #8
GridironWarrior
Starter

Member Number: 9565

Nah no way man. Just being a realist Steelers fan. I can't recall a team winning a Super Bowl with an Oline that gave up close to 50 sacks.
GridironWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:55 PM   #9
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Ravens to the SB? With a rookie HC and a rookie QB? Doubtful.
It's possible though. Remember we were only one game away from doing it in 04'. We had the same set up too.A rookie QB, a good running game, and a really good defense. The only difference is the coach. So it's possible, and to be honest, if we don't get there I would like to see our division represented in the SB.

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:57 PM   #10
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyychoward86 View Post
Naw, i dont think their QB situation is good enough to get through the playoffs. I dont think any steelers fan on this forum (with at least two brain cells) wants to see a 2nd rematch between these two teams. I know i dont.
I do. Pitt- Baltimore games are the best

If the steelers can't beat them 3 times they don't deserve the super bowl. And if the ravens lose 3 times against the steelers they don't deserve it either. Simple as that

Rivalry games are awesome, and this rivalry will only get better in the coming years

But anyway....the colts and titans can easily beat them like they already did this year. Flacco is the wild card on that team, if he plays like a rookie they are doomed, if he plays just average they can win it all
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote