Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-20-2005, 06:37 AM   #21
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302
Default Re: Its CLOWNS Week !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeler47
Its going to be a tough one. The stains have been plaing good ball.I think they are where Cinci. was last year.
The stains aren`t in the same league as Cinci was last year. They are improving, but Charlie Frye is a long way from Palmer.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:41 AM   #22
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

The Browns have several things working against them. The offensive line is improvised right now, so they will have to go to a lot of max protect schemes to pass, and, although I'm a big fan of Charlie Frye, he's raw and a rookie, and he hasn't seen a defense like the Steelers this year. Oakland has an average defense (Ranked 19th overall in the NFL) and gave them fits last week. Also, Rueben Droughns is a little dinged up, but he'll still have to carry a large percentage of the load.

They'll live and die by how well their defense can play, which means, of course, how well they can stop our running game, and, ranking 27th in the league against the run doesn't bode well for them. The only way I see them even keeping it close is us committing stupid turnovers, or ST break-downs like we've been having more than we should lately...

Last edited by Suitanim; 12-20-2005 at 09:33 AM.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 09:31 AM   #23
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Yes very true SUIT, and we can run on them! And we SHALL!

tHIS IS AN EARLY CHRISTMAS GIFT!
Old 12-20-2005, 01:09 PM   #24
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

Let's down the clowns!!!! Go big black & gold. Also a Merry X-Mas from Southern California to all my Steelers brethren. Happy Holidays all. Now let's take care of business on Saturday.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 01:16 PM   #25
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

My dad says all he wants for Christmas is a Browns win over the Steelers.Well,I sure hope we can ruin his Christmas!

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 02:37 PM   #26
Steel - X
Team Captain

Member Number: 583

The one thing I don't understand is why during other game weeks you get a few poster's that wish each other luck or just come to talk up there team, etc. but when its Clowns week we get some slow degenerate clowns that bring there 3 ring circus over her to make up unique screen names for all of us to laugh at.

My question is why?
1. Because they know nothing about football.
2. Because they have not had a winning season in how long.

Just confused I guess. The Steelers will win just because the clowns can not stop the run. A 3-4 defense doesn't work when you do not have LB's (w/ the exception of Andra Davis)

Breaking story with a conclusion:

Since the Browns can never beat the Steelers in football Cowher and management of the Steelers decided to go a different route. Steelers management decided that since the Clowns could never win we should start some sort of yearly battle to keep the rivalry a float.

So, both teams decided on a week long ice fishing competition. The team that catches the most fish at the end of the week wins.

So on a cold freezing day on Lake Erie they began their contest.

The first day after 8 hours of fishing the Browns had caught 0 fish and the Steelers had 100. At the end of the 2nd day the Browns had caught 0 fish and the Steelers 200.

That evening the Crennel got his team together and said, "I suspect some kind of cheating is taking place." So the next morning, he dressed The chosen one (just to get him ready for next year) in black and yellow and sent him over to the Steelers camp to act as a spy. At the end of the day he came back to report to the Crennel. The coach asked, "Well, how about it, are they cheating?"

"They sure are!" the chosen one reported, "They're cutting holes in the ice."

War: Motorcycle Riders!

War: the Denver Broncos Offensive Line

and War: 1st round draft picks the next five years. (Couch, Warren, Brown, Faine, Winslow, Edwards)

My Fantasy Football Website......NO LIMIT SPORTS

Steel - X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 04:21 PM   #27
steeler47
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 663

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
The stains aren`t in the same league as Cinci was last year. They are improving, but Charlie Frye is a long way from Palmer.

ok......I'll give ya that they may not be as good....but they are improveing.Look at how the played Seattle,and other games they have only lost by a few points.This ball club is just a few players away.
The AFCN is on its way I believe to be the strongest div. in the NFL.

The PITTSBURGH STEELERS...2006 WORLD CHAMPIONS !!!
steeler47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 06:00 PM   #28
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel - X
The one thing I don't understand is why during other game weeks you get a few poster's that wish each other luck or just come to talk up there team, etc. but when its Clowns week we get some slow degenerate clowns that bring there 3 ring circus over her to make up unique screen names for all of us to laugh at.

My question is why?
1. Because they know nothing about football.
2. Because they have not had a winning season in how long.

Just confused I guess. The Steelers will win just because the clowns can not stop the run. A 3-4 defense doesn't work when you do not have LB's (w/ the exception of Andra Davis)

Breaking story with a conclusion:

Since the Browns can never beat the Steelers in football Cowher and management of the Steelers decided to go a different route. Steelers management decided that since the Clowns could never win we should start some sort of yearly battle to keep the rivalry a float.

So, both teams decided on a week long ice fishing competition. The team that catches the most fish at the end of the week wins.

So on a cold freezing day on Lake Erie they began their contest.

The first day after 8 hours of fishing the Browns had caught 0 fish and the Steelers had 100. At the end of the 2nd day the Browns had caught 0 fish and the Steelers 200.

That evening the Crennel got his team together and said, "I suspect some kind of cheating is taking place." So the next morning, he dressed The chosen one (just to get him ready for next year) in black and yellow and sent him over to the Steelers camp to act as a spy. At the end of the day he came back to report to the Crennel. The coach asked, "Well, how about it, are they cheating?"

"They sure are!" the chosen one reported, "They're cutting holes in the ice."

War: Motorcycle Riders!

War: the Denver Broncos Offensive Line

and War: 1st round draft picks the next five years. (Couch, Warren, Brown, Faine, Winslow, Edwards)
Its really because this is thier superbowl. Thats all thier fans live for is beating us. Please don`t think I`m joking about this. I work amongst them, they are pathetic. They would much rather beat us than win a ring, does that make any sense? There harmless though, I go everywhere with steelers gear on, and only a women?, will say something.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:01 PM   #29
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Roeth, out of no disrespect for your father, I hope he has something else to look forward to on Christmas Day? Cause he ain`t getting that first wish
Old 12-20-2005, 06:12 PM   #30
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
Roeth, out of no disrespect for your father, I hope he has something else to look forward to on Christmas Day? Cause he ain`t getting that first wish
Cleve,disrespect him all you want,Browns fans get no respect this week!

And I don't know any of his other wishes,this is the only one that he has told me.Too bad for him,his Christmas will be ruined.

I plan on wearing a Steeler's shirt all Christmas day just to rub it in,lol.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote