Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-02-2009, 05:28 PM   #21
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750
Default Re: NFL gives Arizona a *second* extension to avoid playoff game TV blackout

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
I can't imagine a Steelers playoff game in Pittsburgh not selling out. But maybe it has more to do with the economy that any thing else.
Yeah, think about it. If your life savings is suddenly in jeopardy, you're not buying tickets to a playoff game.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:23 PM   #22
CrimsonTideSteelersFan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4772
Default Re: NFL gives Arizona a *second* extension to avoid playoff game TV blackout

$150.00 is a ridiculous face value amount for tickets to these playoff games, but this scenario just illustrates the lack of support for the Cardinals in general. Heck, if I lived in the Phoenix area, I would have bought a ticket just to have been a part of an NFL playoff atmosphere.
CrimsonTideSteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:19 PM   #23
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonTideSteelersFan View Post
$150.00 is a ridiculous face value amount for tickets to these playoff games, but this scenario just illustrates the lack of support for the Cardinals in general. Heck, if I lived in the Phoenix area, I would have bought a ticket just to have been a part of an NFL playoff atmosphere.
It costs between $110-$340 for an AFC Championship Game Ticket at Heinz Field.

Super Bowl XLIII Tickets cost on average about $850 on my guess. Ads cost over $3 Million.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:13 PM   #24
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
It costs between $110-$340 for an AFC Championship Game Ticket at Heinz Field.

Super Bowl XLIII Tickets cost on average about $850 on my guess. Ads cost over $3 Million.
It's roughly $5,000 to go to a Superbowl, is what I've heard. That's for seats, hotel, food and transportation.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:24 PM   #25
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
It's roughly $5,000 to go to a Superbowl, is what I've heard. That's for seats, hotel, food and transportation.
That's why living in Tampa has it's privileges. Now all I need is the Super Bowl ticket!!!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:30 PM   #26
Polamalu43
Team Captain

Member Number: 2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
wow....the poor bastards can't even get people to even ride the bandwagon for 1 playoff game.....
LOL, tell me about it. They won the division by default, cause that AFC west is terrible.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack lambert
Polamalu43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 12:13 AM   #27
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
I was stating just ticket alone.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:59 AM   #28
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10642

minnesota plays in a dome stadium,so saying the weather is something i dont understand....and im sorry but minnesota is not a mid size midwestern town,not sure where you came up with those facts there
Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Maybe Minnesota I can see. The weather sucks, and it's a mid-sized midwestern town with a gradually shrinking population.

But Arizona has no bad-weather concerns, the population in and around Glendale is booming, and these are mostly transplants form football carzy states (not like this is SoCal with a bunch of laid back apathetic slackers).

How embarrassing...
lambertlunaticfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 02:05 AM   #29
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

all minnesota sports fans are "only when we are winning fans"..even with the wild....they call them the team of 18,000 but there sure are alot of empty seats during thier games,so the team of 18,000 dont go to all the games...so thats why that is the most overrated stat in sports,the consecative sell outs stat,cause if season tickets sells out your stadium or arena then off course youre going to have that many in a row like that....but as it is for the wild,it doenst mean there is 18,000 people showing up for every game....i think its time they count the tickets that show up for the game...
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
The Cards are struggling to sell tickets, the Coyotes' franchise is in deep trouble and the D-backs can't sell tickets either. The Suns seem to do well, though.

Why are there ANY teams in the Phoenix area?

As for Minnesota, nobody up there cares about sports unless it's the Wild, who have sold out every game since they came into the league in 2001. So it doesn't surprise me that the Vikings can't sell out any games.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:14 AM   #30
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

of course thats whats going to happen with the games.......thats what has happen in minnesota over the years,but they brag that a vikings game hasnt been blacked out for a long time....but to me they should be ashamed of the fact they have to relay on a tv station to buy thier tickets so they can show the game...and of course the nfl isnt going to black out games,and like i said in my post earlier,its time for them to stop threatning it if they are not going to do it,...
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
Well, you know what's probably going to happen is whichever network is airing the game will step in and buy the rest of the seats. I don't think they'll actually let it come to not showing a playoff game at all.