Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 01-02-2009, 12:05 PM   #1
Stillers33
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 6205
Default WTF?

Why does Peyton get the MVP? There was so many other players thast deserve that awaed for instance, Ed Reed, James Harrison, Matt Ryan for god sakes they all had good seasons but no, just since peyton goes on a 9 game winning streak and he gets it.....

All thanks go to my dad for turnig me on to football!
Fan since 2001!
Stillers33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:09 PM   #2
GodofGridiron
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10597
Default Re: WTF?

He's actually the most valuable to his team. Take Peyton away from Indy and they dont win 6 games this year. Defensive players hardly get the recognition offensive players do. Besides........seems everyone is in love with the Quarterback.
GodofGridiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:30 PM   #3
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Because you can't win the MVP Award unless your name is Manning or Brady. League bylaw.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:59 PM   #4
aburdell
Water Boy

Member Number: 2310

I think Adrian Peterson, Drew Brees and Kurt Warner are pretty mad about this selection. They all had awesome years though. Its tough to pick just one who was more valuable to their team.

If Harrison doesn't win defensive MVP it will go to Demarcus Ware because he is on a team with a couple of celebrities.
aburdell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:04 PM   #5
LetsRock
Water Boy

Member Number: 2733

Quote:
Originally Posted by aburdell View Post
I think Adrian Peterson, Drew Brees and Kurt Warner are pretty mad about this selection. They all had awesome years though. Its tough to pick just one who was more valuable to their team.

If Harrison doesn't win defensive MVP it will go to Demarcus Ware because he is on a team with a couple of celebrities.
How can Demarcus Ware get it? If he was so "valuable", his team should have at LEAST made the playoffs on his back. He was a NON FACTOR during their season.
LetsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:16 PM   #6
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

I think its a good choice for league MVP.

Breese didn't make the playoffs and made bad plays in key spots a few times this season late in games that cost his team wins and the playoffs.

Werner...he has 1 win out of the last 4 games and looked like crap when not playing at home. Plus he's throwing to two of the biggest stud WRs in the game.

Adrian Peterson is a legit choice, however, he's on the Vikings and there is no love going that way til that team does something in the playoffs.

I am of the belief that MVP should be voted upon after the playoffs and prior to the SuperBowl. During that bi-week. To at least evaluate how these guys do in pressure.

But Manning is a solid choice. Rivers could have been as good of a choice, but Manning wins out cause his team finished stronger in the win loss column.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:32 PM   #7
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

bc they know peyton will do all the commericals...

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:50 PM   #8
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillers33 View Post
Why does Peyton get the MVP? There was so many other players thast deserve that awaed for instance, Ed Reed, James Harrison, Matt Ryan for god sakes they all had good seasons but no, just since peyton goes on a 9 game winning streak and he gets it.....
because it's MVP. manning is more valuable to the colts than harrison and reed are to their respective teams. it's rare for defensive players to win MVP.

ryan won rookie of the year.
Steeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:50 PM   #9
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,317 Times in 477 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
How can Demarcus Ware get it? If he was so "valuable", his team should have at LEAST made the playoffs on his back. He was a NON FACTOR during their season.
I agree, but I can see Harrison getting robbed of the DPOY just the same - Ware plays for "America's Team" after all. Same principle that caused Aaron Smith to get dissed for the Pro Bowl in favor of Dwight Freeney, among others. I hope our defense takes the Pro Bowl disses out on the teams we play in the playoffs, because only 3 players being named to the Pro Bowl from our D this year is a complete joke and underscores what a farce these individual awards are.

Like GoSlash27, I also don't care about the individual awards. What I do care about is this team winning Lombardi #6. Nothing else matters to me at this point.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:44 PM   #10
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Without Manning, the Colts don't win more that 4 games.

He missed all of TC and all preseason, so he wasn't to his normal form until after starting out 3-4. Once he got over that, he was hot for just about the entire winning streak.

IMHO, it was a good choice. Manning willed the Colts to another 12-win season and playoff berth. Very bad defense and no running game.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote