Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-02-2009, 01:31 PM   #1
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Here's how I see it...

First, this is just my opinion. If you don't like it, that's fine but the disrespect about it can be left outside. Your opinion is welcome, but let's keep this good and clean!

So we've had a season full of unexpected surprises, ups, and downs. Fans have called for heads to roll including Ben, FWP, O-line, Arians, etc. And week in and week out, this team remained competitive even in their loses.

Amongst it all, I think we have failed to count our blessings for the 53 men that play on Sunday as well as the coaches that do their job. You see our season could have been a lot worse - you don't think so - take a look below:

1) The lions went 0-16
2) The chiefs only squeaked out a few more Ws than the lions
3) The bungals managed a few Ws down the stretch but as well know they've sucked since 1492 - and oh they kept Lewis too!
4) TO is, well to, and his antics have played out favorly (for cowboys haters).
5) Pacman Jones fits just well in that pod with to
6) No matter how great the cowboys play from Sept - Nov, they still haven't figured out how to get romo over the hump called December
7) The patriots* got their karma, and a nice 11 win season behind a backup - and still no playoffs
8) The jets paid an old school gunslinger to come in and they failed to win down the stretch
9) Jets players are now pointing the finger at one person - the QB because he wasn't the TEAM player
10) The bills started off hot and then found a way to cool off when it mattered most
11) The browns spent 2007 challenging for the AFC North only to find reality in 2008 - that ended with rc being the scapegoat and jobless
12) Cowher turned down both the browns and the jets for coaching jobs that would have paid him substantially better than his last year with the Steelers
13) The jaguars couldn't hold their own after a dominating 2007
13) The texans, well, they're still the texans - but still better than the lions
14) The broncos couldn't win a pathetic AFC West division and cost Shanahan his job
15) The raiders still have Al Davis at the helm
16) The seahawks sent the Walrus out of the league with one of the worst performances of their history
17) The rams sent coaches packing in the middle of the season
18) The 49ers finally got a decent coach in Singletary but unless he puts the uniform on again, their defense will take years to revive - not to mention their offense
19) The redskins have highly paid talent and zero dreams of the playoffs
20) The cowboys couldn't manage to win one game in december, leaving the pondits to discuss just how great romo is and whether or not a new head coach is in order. Oh, let's not forget their owner - good ole' jj!
21) The saints never met the expectations of their fans
22) The bucs couldn't win down the stretch and removed themselves from the playoffs
23) Our players aren't changing their names to things like Stylz
24) We don't need extended deadlines to sell out playoff games
25) Our players aren't bitchin' and moanin' about being looked over for ROTY or MVP of the league

You see with all the pain and suffering we've been through this year, we still have the TEAM to fall back upon. To look up to our ownership and know that they are doing what is best for the team and us, the fans!

I know this TEAM is far from perfect and that their are individual performances on any given game day, hell some repeat performers that put in jeopardy our winning. And that stands the case come January 11, hopefully, Jan 17 or 18, and then again on Feb 1. But I love these guys - not the same way I love Jesus, my wife, or my kids - and I stand by them. I don't let other fans bad mouth them at least with making some points about their team's ineptitude to make the playoffs, not cheat, keep a coach longer than 1 year, or find a coach that can light a fire under the player's arse!

So here's really how I see. This is a TEAM sport, where individuals have certain jobs that help this TEAM win. As a fan of the STEELERS, I am part of the TEAM. My job is not to bitch and moan because of certain players but to cheer regardless of the players - yes, I still think it's ok to boo plays or some players at the given moment that something bad happens but at the end of the day I SUPPORT THE STEELERS and the entire TEAM - not just certain aspects of it (like the defense or certain RBs).

So as wild card weekend approaches and our opponent for next week will soon be known, there is a simple solution:

WE ARE STEELERS NATION - YOU'RE EITHER WITH US OR AGAINST US!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO

As for those against us:
:sign09:

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:07 PM   #2
hindes204
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 7614
Default Re: Here's how I see it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
First, this is just my opinion. If you don't like it, that's fine but the disrespect about it can be left outside. Your opinion is welcome, but let's keep this good and clean!

So we've had a season full of unexpected surprises, ups, and downs. Fans have called for heads to roll including Ben, FWP, O-line, Arians, etc. And week in and week out, this team remained competitive even in their loses.

Amongst it all, I think we have failed to count our blessings for the 53 men that play on Sunday as well as the coaches that do their job. You see our season could have been a lot worse - you don't think so - take a look below:

1) The lions went 0-16
2) The chiefs only squeaked out a few more Ws than the lions
3) The bungals managed a few Ws down the stretch but as well know they've sucked since 1492 - and oh they kept Lewis too!
4) TO is, well to, and his antics have played out favorly (for cowboys haters).
5) Pacman Jones fits just well in that pod with to
6) No matter how great the cowboys play from Sept - Nov, they still haven't figured out how to get romo over the hump called December
7) The patriots* got their karma, and a nice 11 win season behind a backup - and still no playoffs
8) The jets paid an old school gunslinger to come in and they failed to win down the stretch
9) Jets players are now pointing the finger at one person - the QB because he wasn't the TEAM player
10) The bills started off hot and then found a way to cool off when it mattered most
11) The browns spent 2007 challenging for the AFC North only to find reality in 2008 - that ended with rc being the scapegoat and jobless
12) Cowher turned down both the browns and the jets for coaching jobs that would have paid him substantially better than his last year with the Steelers
13) The jaguars couldn't hold their own after a dominating 2007
13) The texans, well, they're still the texans - but still better than the lions
14) The broncos couldn't win a pathetic AFC West division and cost Shanahan his job
15) The raiders still have Al Davis at the helm
16) The seahawks sent the Walrus out of the league with one of the worst performances of their history
17) The rams sent coaches packing in the middle of the season
18) The 49ers finally got a decent coach in Singletary but unless he puts the uniform on again, their defense will take years to revive - not to mention their offense
19) The redskins have highly paid talent and zero dreams of the playoffs
20) The cowboys couldn't manage to win one game in december, leaving the pondits to discuss just how great romo is and whether or not a new head coach is in order. Oh, let's not forget their owner - good ole' jj!
21) The saints never met the expectations of their fans
22) The bucs couldn't win down the stretch and removed themselves from the playoffs
23) Our players aren't changing their names to things like Stylz
24) We don't need extended deadlines to sell out playoff games
25) Our players aren't bitchin' and moanin' about being looked over for ROTY or MVP of the league

You see with all the pain and suffering we've been through this year, we still have the TEAM to fall back upon. To look up to our ownership and know that they are doing what is best for the team and us, the fans!

I know this TEAM is far from perfect and that their are individual performances on any given game day, hell some repeat performers that put in jeopardy our winning. And that stands the case come January 11, hopefully, Jan 17 or 18, and then again on Feb 1. But I love these guys - not the same way I love Jesus, my wife, or my kids - and I stand by them. I don't let other fans bad mouth them at least with making some points about their team's ineptitude to make the playoffs, not cheat, keep a coach longer than 1 year, or find a coach that can light a fire under the player's arse!

So here's really how I see. This is a TEAM sport, where individuals have certain jobs that help this TEAM win. As a fan of the STEELERS, I am part of the TEAM. My job is not to bitch and moan because of certain players but to cheer regardless of the players - yes, I still think it's ok to boo plays or some players at the given moment that something bad happens but at the end of the day I SUPPORT THE STEELERS and the entire TEAM - not just certain aspects of it (like the defense or certain RBs).

So as wild card weekend approaches and our opponent for next week will soon be known, there is a simple solution:

WE ARE STEELERS NATION - YOU'RE EITHER WITH US OR AGAINST US!!!

As for those against us:
:sign09:

WELL SAID, I COULDNT HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF
Old 01-02-2009, 02:08 PM   #3
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

that was great..... and i would have to agree with u... many teams failed epically at the end of the season

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:10 PM   #4
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

Quote:
many teams failed epically at the end of the season
except the lions, who just failed all season..lol

very good post and i agree. at least we dont have guys on the team that are all about the 'me' stats. they are for the team, they win and lose as a team. that is what i call class

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:15 PM   #5
HOTDOG
Water Boy

Member Number: 11303

Very well put sir.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:33 PM   #6
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

I did forget one though..

26) One of our players didn't shoot themselves in the leg

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:35 PM   #7
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!
Old 01-02-2009, 02:47 PM   #8
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,839 Times in 921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
I did forget one though..

26) One of our players didn't shoot themselves in the leg
Neither did the Giants. Harris Smith shot himself in the leg.
El-Gonzo Jackson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 03:07 PM   #9
devilsdancefloor
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 10172

BRAVO BRAVO!!!!

I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul.

devilsdancefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 03:22 PM   #10
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

What a WOW of a post Scott! Rep to you, my friend!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote