Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-20-2005, 06:35 PM   #11
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default Re: Steelers Salary Chart

Okobi has been waiting a LONG time to get his shot at the starting job.. he's built alot like Webster was.. stocky, tough, strong and will hopefully seize the opportunity when it comes to him.

Dont count on Duce being cut... if Jerome and Jeff retire we'll save alot of money and the Steelers will not to into a new season w/ the only vet running back as willie.... Kimo is still playing beastly and I hate to see him go but his salary is getting bigger...
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 06:37 PM   #12
Dook
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 906

I think the Steelers can benefit from renewing contracts before they are up. Why wait until Polo's contract is up before re-signing him? Look what happened with Hines Ward? Polo is going to get a lot of attention from other teams. Secure him long term now.

Carter only plays special teams and makes almost $700k a year? Colclough hasn't come through. If he won't take a pay cut then cut him clean. We have enough depth in our secondary with Townsend, Taylor, Williams, Iwuoma, Hope, Polo, Logan, and McFadden.

Harrison worth more than $800k, yeah probably, but not a lot more because he hasn't had a great pro bowl year. He doesn't have much bargaining power other than to say "I'm average." All the other LB's are making $2-5m but honestly they are a little overpaid considering none of them made the pro bowl this year.

After what happened this year with Ben I'm sticking by signing Josh McCown but not if he wants more than $1.4m a year. We can and should still draft a QB in the 5th or 6th.

ARE gone? So...draft a WR in the 1st and sign Quincy Morgan cheap.

I thought Duce would be cut too, hoped for it. But then I read that he is not hurt and is being held back so Bettis can get more carries since it is his last year. If so, then I think Duce is our #1 RB next year. If he really is hurt then cut him and try and trade up in the 2nd to get an RB in the draft.

Townsend is at 8 years and definately worth more than the $1.4 cap hit he is getting now. I would try to keep him but he is probably going to get more money somewhere else.

Even at 12 years I think Von Olhoffen is too valuable to lose. He's getting $3.2 this year but we should offer him $4 to $4.5 a year for a short term contract. His backup is Kirschke at 9 years making $2.1m but I think Kimo is the man.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:55 PM   #13
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

The cap will keep Troy from being signed to more jack...it IS a business.

Duce will be cut, and here's why. The rumor is that Cowher isn't happy with him, and it's a rumor that I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dook
Carter only plays special teams and makes almost $700k a year? Colclough hasn't come through. If he won't take a pay cut then cut him clean. We have enough depth in our secondary with Townsend, Taylor, Williams, Iwuoma, Hope, Polo, Logan, and McFadden
I said Carter will be gone. Colclough is in the EXACT same position Ike was last year..small college player trying to catch on to the NFL game. Ike got 3 years, why wouldn't Coke?

The Pro Bowl ain't what it was as a gauge of talent. It's more popularity contest. Haggins and Farrior both deserve it, as do Ike and Casey Hampton. Harrison will get a raise...he'll become the next great Steelers linebacker, too.

The Steelers will keep Batch as #2 and draft a 3rd QB and bring in an UFA to compete.

The Steelers are one of the best teams in the league at evaluating other teams talent for their system, as well as when a player has run out of steam. Kimo will be gone.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 07:43 PM   #14
TasmanianTroy271
Team Captain

Member Number: 544

aww man, you gotta love Kimo!
Old 12-20-2005, 08:04 PM   #15
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by TasmanianTroy271
aww man, you gotta love Kimo!
I do...I remember thinking "WTF?" when we picked him up from Cincy back in the day. He was a very undistinguished DT on a bad team, but the players and coaches saw that he had what it takes to play in the 3-4, and the rest is history.

But history is catching up, and it's time for us to find another Kimo...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 08:12 PM   #16
Dook
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 906

One site I found says the Steelers 2006 salary cap is $88.7m with $12.19m cap room. I'm not sure if this includes the increase cap up to $94m (maybe $96m). If we can't sign Polo with $12.19m and then another $5m then we need to get better lawyers.

I'm trying to verify that we are indeed $12.19m under in 2006, sounds a bit too much.

Or, even better, trade Joey Porter and our #2 draft choice to San Francisco for their #2 pick in the draft so we can get WR Nance with our 1st and then pick up RB Lendale White with our 2nd. Use the money saved by trading Porter to pay Polo.

Ike Taylor made $475k this year and is worth much more. He's the tenth ranked defensive player and in the NFL, second in return average (only 1 return). Colclough got $903k this year and will get $978k next year. If they want to keep him as a backup then pay him a backup salary, $400k.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:27 PM   #17
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
The cap will keep Troy from being signed to more jack...it IS a business.

Duce will be cut, and here's why. The rumor is that Cowher isn't happy with him, and it's a rumor that I believe.

I said Carter will be gone. Colclough is in the EXACT same position Ike was last year..small college player trying to catch on to the NFL game. Ike got 3 years, why wouldn't Coke?

The Pro Bowl ain't what it was as a gauge of talent. It's more popularity contest. Haggins and Farrior both deserve it, as do Ike and Casey Hampton. Harrison will get a raise...he'll become the next great Steelers linebacker, too.

The Steelers will keep Batch as #2 and draft a 3rd QB and bring in an UFA to compete.

The Steelers are one of the best teams in the league at evaluating other teams talent for their system, as well as when a player has run out of steam. Kimo will be gone.
how do you see harrison being a star? who's position is he going to fill? he's great but i still do feel the best LB's are on the field. the 2 games he started didnt show me that he was better than porter. do you think he'll be a starter for us next year?
Old 12-21-2005, 01:29 PM   #18
Sharkissle29
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dook
One site I found says the Steelers 2006 salary cap is $88.7m with $12.19m cap room. I'm not sure if this includes the increase cap up to $94m (maybe $96m). If we can't sign Polo with $12.19m and then another $5m then we need to get better lawyers.

I'm trying to verify that we are indeed $12.19m under in 2006, sounds a bit too much.

Or, even better, trade Joey Porter and our #2 draft choice to San Francisco for their #2 pick in the draft so we can get WR Nance with our 1st and then pick up RB Lendale White with our 2nd. Use the money saved by trading Porter to pay Polo.

Ike Taylor made $475k this year and is worth much more. He's the tenth ranked defensive player and in the NFL, second in return average (only 1 return). Colclough got $903k this year and will get $978k next year. If they want to keep him as a backup then pay him a backup salary, $400k.
im not sure if 2nd round rookie will fill the void were looking for at the #2 spot on the depth chart. it will definitly take time, but right off the bat we wont see much out of nance. thats why i dont necessarily agree with trading porter, he still has gas in the tank. all rookie recievers take too much time to develop, and im too impatient
Old 12-21-2005, 02:11 PM   #19
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,226 Times in 2,678 Posts

i dont like the idea of cutting ties with porter. some may see this as a great move like letting kirkland or gildon go. i think it would be more in the lines of letting k. green or r. woodson go to early. in a defense full of leaders joey seems to be the heart and soul. hes paid for more than just his production and numbers on the field. he is paid for his presense and fire. cowher loves him and he epitomizes what being a steeler is all about.

losing kimo will hurt

webster-dawson-hartings: those are hard shoes to fill. is okolbi the real deal?

polamalu must be paid. he is the hines ward of the defense. the steelers know this.

why not re-sign hope? a new safety would be a liability.

taylor and colclough must stay. we could be like the lions and keep drafting cb's every year (like they do with wr's) otherwise we need to continue developing these youngsters. look how long deshea waited in the wings. willie williams is not an answer.

losing ARE would hurt but he needs to think about what happened to az hakim once he left the rams. sure his wallet was thick but has anyone heard from him outside of a rams uniform? el is better than wilson and we might have been better served extending el 4 years for 8 mil and bringing in morgan.

id have to say harrison, haynes and carter are all earning the $$$ they make right now. they are definitely not overpaid. if we cant pay them the patriots will probably take all 3 off of our hands without blinking.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 03:50 PM   #20
Sharkissle29
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
taylor and colclough must stay. we could be like the lions and keep drafting cb's every year (like they do with wr's) otherwise we need to continue developing these youngsters. look how long deshea waited in the wings. willie williams is not an answer.
coclough has yet to prove anything in his days with the steelers. i think i see a lot more talent in McFadden. work with him, not coclough. ike is the man, imo the most underrated player in the leauge/and team for that matter. in 2 years, these are our starting corners. Ike and McFadden. :)