Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 12-21-2005, 11:06 PM   #31
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,484 Times in 3,331 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Salary Chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by TasmanianTroy271
I thought that was McFadden with the 2 false starts

If you had told me that Ike Taylor would be our starting cornerback this year and would shut down Chad Johnson last year, I would have laughed in your face. We owe Colclough another year.

I'll be happy if we keep Hope or draft a new FS. I still like Mike Logan for the start... :P
It was McFadden - my bad.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 08:00 AM   #32
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Coke also came from a small school (just like Ike), and when they drafted him, they knew it was going to takle a couple years to get him up to speed. I'm positive the Steelers will cut Deshea and go with Ike, Chidi, Coke and McFadden as their 4 next year (and probably draft someone laste and pick up a FA). Townsend will be 31 next year, and the Steelers will NOT make the same mistake with him (signing big $$$ deal for his waning years) that they did with Chad Scott.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 09:19 AM   #33
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
Coke also came from a small school (just like Ike), and when they drafted him, they knew it was going to takle a couple years to get him up to speed. I'm positive the Steelers will cut Deshea and go with Ike, Chidi, Coke and McFadden as their 4 next year (and probably draft someone laste and pick up a FA). Townsend will be 31 next year, and the Steelers will NOT make the same mistake with him (signing big $$$ deal for his waning years) that they did with Chad Scott.
Chad Scott and Washington getting big pay days really set me off, i was always complaining that we needed new corners, not those two. Chad before the knee injury wasn`t bad, but his big pay day came after the knee
Old 12-22-2005, 09:37 AM   #34
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

..and, until Ben got all his bonuses, Chad Scott was the highest paid Steeler in HISTORY! You cannot award players with big contracts based only on past performance, but on what kind of performance you anticipate from them in the future. Townsend no doubt will want some kind of 4-5 year deal, and he'd be 35-36 at the end of it. If he'd take a 1 year deal, fine, but some team out there with short term needs will be willing to give him a longer deal for more money just to take advantage of the year or two he has left in him...
Old 12-22-2005, 10:31 AM   #35
LondonSteeler
Water Boy

Member Number: 403

dewayne washington was the worst corner ive ever seen play for us, you could argue some scrub was worse but at least they never got on the field, how that idiot replaced the legend that is rod ill never know

Made by BB2W!
LondonSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 12:48 PM   #36
Dook
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 906

I would give Townsend a 5 year deal if that is what he wants. NFL contracts are really backloaded anyway, most of the big cash is towards the end. The players mostly just care about the big signing bonus so they are instant millionaires and can go out and get the bling bling and Mercedes SUV.

Give Townsend a 5 year deal, seriously backloaded, with a nice ($3m) signing bonus so he stays. Then after 4 years we replace him.

That's how it works everyday in the NFL.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:59 PM   #37
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

He has one more year left in him, if that, and by signing him, we delay the inevitable battle between Coke and McFadden, and I'm 100% sure whomever wins that battle will make the defense stronger than it is now.

I just don't see the Steelers signing Townsend...sorry.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:06 PM   #38
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

I think they should let go of Deshea too... I know he may be our best coverman, but we have drafted corner early in the last couple drafts and it is time to let them play. We saw Scott and Washington lose a step around this time in their career after singing a contract extension.