Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-04-2009, 05:07 PM   #11
redst3
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 480
Default Re: Chargers don't scare me.

I'm not sure the Chargers will be able to run the ball at Heinz field. The only way they will stop Ben is through a good pass rush. We shall see.

I smell a Steelers blowout.

I think the Chargers are in over their heads. Just my opinion. They have had a good run, but they are still a Norv Turner coached 8-8 team.

...and a hearty welcome to Chargers fans.

Last edited by redst3; 01-04-2009 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Fat Fingers
redst3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:11 PM   #12
R2sojr
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 892

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBolts5447 View Post
mike never has "average" punts, dude is the best punter in the league! Chargers are a different team than we were when we first faced you. Think about it, Indy beat us during the regular season and we handled them last night, despite 2 turnovers in the end zone and a *lucky* TD strike when the defense was subbing, the Chargers were clearly the better team. Also, a 1 point win at home and winning on a last minute field goal isnt anything to brag about. Chargers only had their new D coach for 1 game before at that point.

Anyways, here is to a good game :) , but I honestly think the chargers will be too much for big ben worhtlessberger (haha jk had to do it) to handle!

Chargers: 23
Steelers: 13

cheers!

Well from what i seen lastnight, Rivers basically handed the colts the game with his horrible play. Sproles won that game and Rivers basically lost it. Dont think the steelers wont capitalize on that horrible play by Rivers.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:11 PM   #13
GoBolts5447
Water Boy

Member Number: 11337

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasStlrFan View Post
Did you actually watch the first game? At no point in the game were the Bolts close to being in control. If the refs wouldn't have kept it close, it would've been a double digit loss.

I'm sure this will be a way different game, and the Bolts will give us their best shot. No chance you move the ball on us like you did on Indy last night.

Good luck though!
True you guys did get that last TD, but comeon... that was just from some random desperation play and does not really reflect the skill of the teams. Agreed the Chargers were never in control but the Steelers werent very impressive either, 11-10 was a good indicator of how the two teams played, and like I said the Chargers are playing MUCH better now.

Anyways, itll be a close game for sure and if the Steelers win I will be rooting for them to represent the AFC... not a big fan of the overrated Titans and the Ravens are good but dont really deserve to be in the SB.

So yeah, good luck to you guys too
GoBolts5447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:12 PM   #14
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

I can't say I'm "askeerd" of the Bolts, but I don't take them or any other team lightly no matter who they are. Any given Sunday . . .

However, I think the Steelers D is just too ominous for the Bolts O and as long as they get in Patty Cake's face early and often, I think it's gonna be a long day for him.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:13 PM   #15
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

the good news about next weeks game is norvell turner is coaching the super chargers. Norv is norv. We should make it on to the afc championship
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:16 PM   #16
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

anyone can win in the playoffs.. i just hope we play at our highest level.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:16 PM   #17
GoBolts5447
Water Boy

Member Number: 11337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
the good news about next weeks game is norvell turner is coaching the super chargers. Norv is norv. We should make it on to the afc championship
Norvey is 11-3 in the playoffs as a HC or OC
GoBolts5447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:17 PM   #18
sdchargeher
Water Boy

Member Number: 11342

Quote:
Originally Posted by redst3 View Post
I'm not sure the Chargers will be able to run the ball at Heinz field. The only way they will stop Ben is through a good pass rush. We shall see.

I smell a Steelers blowout.

I think the Chargers are in over their heads. Just my opinion. They have had a good run, but they are still a Norv Turner coached 8-8 team.

...and a hearty welcome to Chargers fans.

Lol... last i checked we were 9-8 or 1-0 depending on how u want to look at it and 3-1 with norv in the playoffs. Fact is gates will be healthy and we aren't playing nearly as bad as we were when we met the first game. of course i told colts fans this and they didn't want to hear it but hey its a fact. I look at the game like pittsburgh doesn't have enough offense to score with the Chargers. I don't see Pitt being able to put up more than 17 points this week and the Chargers are likely to put up 20 plus. Big Ben is going to face a whole different pass rush than he saw the first time. We managed to pressure manning last night and our pressure has been nice n solid for a month now. It's not like big ben can't be forced into mistakes. If he is cautious like he was against baltimore then the steelers will be in a deficit before they know it.
sdchargeher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:18 PM   #19
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,877 Times in 4,503 Posts

Quote:
Agreed the Chargers were never in control but the Steelers werent very impressive either, 11-10 was a good indicator of how the two teams played, and like I said the Chargers are playing MUCH better now.

:
im sorry, but you are just flat out wrong-

ben 31/41 308 yds 0td/0int
parker 25/115
ward 11/124

rivers 15/26 164 yds 0td/2int
tomlinson 18/57 1td
tomlinson lead all chargers wr's with 3 rec and 45 yds.

you guys had rivera, and how is he gonna help norv prevent the entire shut-down of the passing game? the colts defense may be fast, but the steelers is faster.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:19 PM   #20
sdchargeher
Water Boy

Member Number: 11342

Quote:
Norvey is 11-3 in the playoffs as a HC or OC
ya i dont know why norv gets a bad rap. He just may get a ring this year. Another one i mean.
sdchargeher is offline   Reply With Quote