Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 01-04-2009, 04:20 PM   #21
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313
Default Re: Chargers don't scare me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdchargeher View Post
ya i dont know why norv gets a bad rap. He just may get a ring this year. Another one i mean.
I hardly doubt you were saying that when your chargers were 4-8
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:21 PM   #22
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdchargeher View Post
Lol... last i checked we were 9-8 or 1-0 depending on how u want to look at it and 3-1 with norv in the playoffs. Fact is gates will be healthy and we aren't playing nearly as bad as we were when we met the first game. of course i told colts fans this and they didn't want to hear it but hey its a fact. I look at the game like pittsburgh doesn't have enough offense to score with the Chargers. I don't see Pitt being able to put up more than 17 points this week and the Chargers are likely to put up 20 plus. Big Ben is going to face a whole different pass rush than he saw the first time. We managed to pressure manning last night and our pressure has been nice n solid for a month now. It's not like big ben can't be forced into mistakes. If he is cautious like he was against baltimore then the steelers will be in a deficit before they know it.
Really? You honestly think the Bolts O is going to put up 20 points against our #1 D? Mkay. If you say so. I wouldn't bet the farm on it though.

To be quite honest, I'm not all that impressed with the Bolts D, but that's just me. When the Steelers O is firing on all cylinders, they can put up 30 points. Whether it's Ben or Lefty - I have every confidence in this O to get the job done whenever necessary. You guys had a much easier schedule than we did - by a long shot - and we won 12 games. We're going to win our 13th this weekend.

Again - good luck. You're gonna need it.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:22 PM   #23
steelerzfannforever
Water Boy

Member Number: 9327

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBolts5447 View Post
True you guys did get that last TD, but comeon... that was just from some random desperation play and does not really reflect the skill of the teams. Agreed the Chargers were never in control but the Steelers werent very impressive either, 11-10 was a good indicator of how the two teams played, and like I said the Chargers are playing MUCH better now.

Anyways, itll be a close game for sure and if the Steelers win I will be rooting for them to represent the AFC... not a big fan of the overrated Titans and the Ravens are good but dont really deserve to be in the SB.

So yeah, good luck to you guys too
I will give you the fact that the Chargers are a different team, but cmon! Do you honestly think that without the 13 penalties called on the Steelers that the game would of been close. Alot of those penalties came on huge plays for the Steelers that kept the Chargers in the game. I respect the Chargers, and Sproles is definately a threat, but I firmly believe that our D will take care of business! I will say the same, that if the Chargers win, I will be rooting for them because I cannot stand Baltimore or Tennessee!
steelerzfannforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:24 PM   #24
steelcityboyz
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11344
My Mood: Blah

Hey Guys & Gals, Newbie here.

If Ben has no jitters from that hit & concussion, the Steelers should be able to take care of business.
steelcityboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:24 PM   #25
dez09231
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11142

I knew the Chargers fans would come out of the woodwork to talk.

Look, you're 9-8, you're now 1-5 against playoff teams on the year including yesterday. You lose big games, LT is out, and regardless of how much "the steelers didn't impress you" last time around, you're still only in the playoffs as a novelty. Seriously, you're going to lose. The last game was 18-10 with 13 penalties on Pitt.

You're bad. And who the hell said San Diego is putting up 23 on Pitt? It took 5 quarters for you to put up 23 on Indy, lol.

Pitt 20
San Diego 10

And i'll go out on a limb and say you'll be back in here crying about refs.
dez09231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:24 PM   #26
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

I have less doubt that our offense cans score against your #25th ranked defense....than I do that your offense can score against out #1 defense.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:25 PM   #27
dez09231
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11142

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcityboyz View Post
Hey Guys & Gals, Newbie here.

If Ben has no jitters from that hit & concussion, the Steelers should be able to take care of business.

Dog we'll beat San Diego with Byron Leftwich.
dez09231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:25 PM   #28
GoBolts5447
Water Boy

Member Number: 11337

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
im sorry, but you are just flat out wrong-

ben 31/41 308 yds 0td/0int
parker 25/115
ward 11/124

rivers 15/26 164 yds 0td/2int
tomlinson 18/57 1td
tomlinson lead all chargers wr's with 3 rec and 45 yds.

you guys had rivera, and how is he gonna help norv prevent the entire shut-down of the passing game? the colts defense may be fast, but the steelers is faster.

I am worried about your pass rush and the chargers o-line was not really amazing at pass protection last night. But as far as your Rivera comment, there has been a big difference in every game since he has been DC, how much can you expect with just 2 weeks as the DC? I dont think those little dinks and dunks from big ben will work as well this game just like MVP Manning wasnt able to last night but he was when we first met.

I think the weather will be a huge factor again, we will see, I cant wait!
GoBolts5447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:27 PM   #29
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

The Bolts "Super Offense" barely put up 200 yards on the Steelers Defense last game and Rivers had his worst game of the season.

They were outgained by the Steelers in yardage.

The last game was Steeler domination held close by one sided officiating. One blatantly robbed touchdown and another off an untimely holding call. Meanwhile, San Diego had ONE penalty called on them all day.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:28 PM   #30
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

I see it's going to be a long week with all of these Chargers fans coming out of the woodwork.

Listen, I take no team lightly. In the playoffs, any team is capable of beating anyone. But I just do not see the Chargers beating the Steelers at home. I just don't.

I do know one thing - the Steelers themselves will not take the Chargers lightly. Mike Tomlin will not allow it to happen.