Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-04-2009, 03:36 PM   #1
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Senator Franken

Keep recounting until your guy is ahead, then declare victory.

Franken is the winner

Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), the outgoing chairman of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, declared Sunday that Al Franken has won the Minnesota Senate recount against Sen. Norm Coleman (R-Minn.).

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/200...politico/27716
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 03:41 PM   #2
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Re: Senator Franken

There are few people in this world that I dislike more than Al Franken....
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:09 PM   #3
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Democrat Harry Reid has already stated he would refuse to seat Roland Burris.... the senator appointed by disgraced Govenor Blagojevich. Harry Reid will deny Burris his seat based on an obscure "Senate Rule 2" ...... which says that any new Senator must present a certificate of election or appointment signed by both his home state governor and secretary of state. Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White said that he would not counter-sign Burris' credentials alongside Blagojevich....that will allow Democrats to throw the question of Burris' eligibility into committee... where they hope it will rot until Blagojevich can be removed from office and another Senator appointed.

The trouble is that there likely will be no resolution to the Minnesota Senate race by next Tuesday..... If that happens, Democrats may have two uncredentialed Senators on their hands. Democrat Al Franken has all but declared victory in the Minnesota recount before all the legal challenges are completed.

Sooooo.... Sen. Reid has handed the Republicans the strategy to block Franken with his position on Burris. ....Senate Rule 2 applies to Franken just as well as it does to Burris.......Franken will not be able to obtain a certificate signed by the Minnesota Secretary of State until after the expected court challenge is completed.....if he arrives in Washington, and the Democrats attempt to seat him, Republicans will force a vote on his credentials...which will be subject to filibuster.

Thank you Harry Reid.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:03 PM   #4
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545

Love it! Hope he wins! Frankens the BEST!
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:27 PM   #5
Polamalu Princess
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 7120

God please help is all - Franken...
Old 01-04-2009, 08:41 PM   #6
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Steel Head View Post
Love it! Hope he wins! Frankens the BEST!
Franken is the epitomy of the pseudo-intellectual effiminant elitist that gives liberals a bad name.

He believes himself to be above the rules and laws that he is "supposed" to be wanting to represent. Taxes? not if he can blame someone else for his deliquency...Civil decorum? not in his writings...his mannerisms...or the way he has handled this election.

He is the liberal version of Ann Coulter...a self-serving flame-thrower who would split this country apart if it meant that he could sell a book.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:48 PM   #7
Polamalu Princess
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 7120

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Franken is the epitomy of the pseudo-intellectual effiminant elitist that gives liberals a bad name.

He believes himself to be above the rules and laws that he is "supposed" to be wanting to represent. Taxes? not if he can blame someone else for his deliquency...Civil decorum? not in his writings...his mannerisms...or the way he has handled this election.

He is the liberal version of Ann Coulter...a self-serving flame-thrower who would split this country apart if it meant that he could sell a book.
Most of what you said - I agree with you - 93%!!!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2009, 08:56 AM   #8
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547

They should just have a do-over. The election was basically a tie.

I don't really care who wins there. I'd just as soon keep Coleman and get rid of Bum Knee Saxby in Georgia.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:00 AM   #9
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

The real problem I have with this is that it's literally impossible for there to be "fair time" between these two candidates. Even if Franken didn't use his radio platform to promote his candidacy directly, he is still getting publicity that is impossible to buy.

Put it this way: If Franken was not on the air, he'd have been slaughtered.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:49 AM   #10
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Al Franken Quotes

"I'm a very indecisive person. I'd be a terrible politician."
(Sylvia Rubin, "A Franken Honest Discussion," San Francisco Chronicle, January 18, 1999)

"It might be crazy. I might not be the best candidate."
(Matt McKinney; Rob Hotakainen; Kevin Diaz, "Al Franken vs. Coleman? Comedian Ponders Idea," Star Tribune, November 11, 2003)

"I'm interested in politics for all the wrong reasons -- I'm interested in the sport, the entertainment value of it."
(Jim Ragsdale, "Franken Out To Harpoon Rush For Fun, Profit," Pioneer Press, February 22, 1996)

"I'm not concerned about politics for the good reasons,".... "I'm interested for the bad reasons. I'm interested for the horse race. It's fun to watch these people savage each other and lie."
(Anna Deavere Smith, "Cultural View; Inside The Political Mimic's Fun-House Mirror," The New York Times, August 16, 1992)

Asked why people shouldn't elect him: "I'd be terrible. I'm an indecisive person and I internalize a lot of stress. It's one thing to worry if a joke's funny and is this a good career move? But the idea of deciding which school gets funded and do you bomb Kosovo? . . . I'd be crushed."
(Paul Duchene, "The Joke Stops Here: What If Al Franken Were President?" The Oregonian, February 22, 1999)

"If I put myself on the ballot and even 50 people voted for me it'd be a travesty."
(Paul Duchene, "The Joke Stops Here: What If Al Franken Were President?" The Oregonian, February 22, 1999)