Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 01-05-2009, 09:06 AM   #21
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,764 Times in 1,610 Posts
Default Re: Curran: Offense will be downfall of Steelers, Titans

yet there's no mention of baltimores 18. or tennessee's 21 ranked D's ???

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:11 AM   #22
eafratitpm3
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1192

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodofGridiron View Post
Why do you all feel that San Diego will not be able to put up points ? Comments about Sproles and how he wont be able to run....

Listen........Im the biggest proponent of Steeler football and wish for the better outcome, but you have to understand whats at stake here. Sproles wont run between tackles for 120 yrds against this defense. He doesnt have to. Where Sproles can/will kill this defense is in the short passing game that Rivers will resort to. Again, folks.....Do you really believe that Rivers is gonna think he can have success with straight dropbacks goin vertical against this team ? Hell f'in no...............What you saw from them in the regular season is bound to change from what you see in the postseason offensively AND defensively.

Someone answer this for me: who on this Steeler defense can matchup with Sproles coming out of the backfield in the OPEN FIELD ? Who ? One name people. Its all about strategy and mismatches and this is the glaring mismatch in their favor. Sproles has speed that kills and one missed tackle in the open field and he can take it home.

Now, i dont necessarily agree with everything this writer says--21 pts is a lot. But 17 might be enough to give Norv a victory especially--ESPECIALLY if our offense and Ben struggles. All it takes is a Sproles broken tackle and run for 6. One huge turnover deep in our territory that they somehow convert to a touchdown and a field goal and theres 17. Not a reach. And lets be real here........San Diego knows the pressure of having their backs against the wall and theyve been fighting from a corner for the last 5 weeks. Overconfidence kills. We have to be prepared for anything, cuz we just might see everything.
As most people on this forum will bash you to no end. I completely agree with you. As I stated in a different thread, I think that Special Teams will win/lose this game if it is close and our ST's, even though they have played pretty well (with the exception of the Punter) is not as good as San Diego's.

I'm a true Steeler's fan and no one gets more upset at this team then I but if we don't turn the ball over we will win this game going away!
eafratitpm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:19 AM   #23
GodofGridiron
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10597

I feel SD is the toughest remaining opponent in these playoffs especially on the offensive side of the ball.

Tennessee we've proven we can contain.......Baltimore--Flacco wilts like an eastern fern in the Mojave desert sun when faced with pressure.

I guess the Kool-Aid ran out by the time i received my cup.........there wasnt any ice either. Damn !!!
GodofGridiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:21 AM   #24
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,029 Times in 386 Posts

Yer right, we iz doomed! Run for the hills, ma! Sprolez iz-a-comin'! Might as well forfeit the game now!

Better?
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:26 AM   #25
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,387 Times in 1,155 Posts

The inability to convert short yardage might hurt us like the last game we played the Chargers, or we might review that film and find a way to convert and put some TD's on the board.

Nice article written to stir the pot. Not really stressing over what Tom Curran writes..............BTW, who is Tom Curran??
El-Gonzo Jackson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:26 AM   #26
GodofGridiron
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10597

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Yer right, we iz doomed! Run for the hills, ma! Sprolez iz-a-comin'! Might as well forfeit the game now!

Better?
So thats how you interpret my post ? No middle ground with you is there.........?

I guess one cant be cautiously optimistic around here, or not take anything for granted. Wow........just fkin wow !!!
GodofGridiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:27 AM   #27
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

I believe this game will be decided by turnovers. Whoever wins that battle will win the war.

Sproles had 2 TD's in the Bolts matchup with the Colts but coughed the ball up at the goal line and it was recovered by the Colts D. The key here is for the Steelers to consistently go after the ball, pressure the living hell out of Patty Cake, get Sproles and the Bolts wideouts to cough it up and drive down the field and score on every turnover, whether it's 3 or 7. Hit hard and often.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:28 AM   #28
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,029 Times in 386 Posts

Quote:
So thats how you interpret my post ? No middle ground with you is there.........?

I guess one cant be cautiously optimistic around here, or not take anything for granted. Wow........just fkin wow !!!
Yeah, there's PLENTY of middle ground in this statement:

Quote:
I guess the Kool-Aid ran out by the time i received my cup.........there wasnt any ice either. Damn !!!
IOW, since I think we'll win this game (sorry, but I do) I'm a Kool-Aid drinker? OK.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:29 AM   #29
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Why do I think the Chargers wont put up a lot of points on us?

Because we have the best defense in the NFL, that's why.

Also, it's not like the Chargers have a great defense this year. Penalties killed us the last game against SD. If we didn't have some of those stupid penalties we win that game by at least two touchdowns.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:31 AM   #30
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
I feel SD is the toughest remaining opponent in these playoffs especially on the offensive side of the ball.

Tennessee we've proven we can contain.......Baltimore--Flacco wilts like an eastern fern in the Mojave desert sun when faced with pressure.

I respect your opinion, GOG, but honestly - is there anything wrong with Steelers fans going into this game as I am - with a positive 'tude? I don't think there is a Steelers fan on this board who doesn't realize that this game is not going to be a walk in the park, but is going to continue to believe in this team as I do.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote