Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-05-2009, 04:39 PM   #11
Steelerstrength
Starter

Member Number: 3283
Default Re: Ravens rematch ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbolt View Post
I do like that the Chargers are playing with zero pressure right now.

LT was only close to 100% healthy for 4 games this season. He was real big factor in the Denver game, but other than that... the offense has run through Rivers all year. Had Norv played Sproles early on, this team probably would have won 2-3 more regular season games.

So if this is an 11-5 or 10-6 Chargers team coming in without LT... would this article be any different? The Chargers would still be thought of as the weakest of the remaining teams.

This writer gives no regard to the improved Chargers D. That's the key to this game. The offense will run essentially the same, but with MORE firepower than last time the teams met. If the defense can hold that running game in check, Ben will not shred the secondary like he did last time.

Seriously. Forget about LT. He may have been a "key" for the defense, but Sproles is more explosive and way more likely to score on a big play than LT has been all season.

I'm sure the Steelers players know all of this. Just thought I'd point it out to those who may not have watched every Chargers game like I have.
Let's see how explosive he is in a predicted high of 23 degrees! A little guy can get pretty beat-up by a hard-hitting D, to add to his already very sore body. He was fantastic vs the undersized ponies! But soreness & cold weather vs our D is a scenario that favors Steel.

Good luck!
Old 01-05-2009, 05:16 PM   #12
nickelbolt
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 11382

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerstrength View Post
Let's see how explosive he is in a predicted high of 23 degrees! A little guy can get pretty beat-up by a hard-hitting D, to add to his already very sore body. He was fantastic vs the undersized ponies! But soreness & cold weather vs our D is a scenario that favors Steel.

Good luck!
Everything favors the Steelers.

Everything would still favor the Steelers even if LT was 100%.

That's my point.

Sore or not... Sproles will still be the most explosive, big play back we have.

Like I said... no pressure.

The Chargers are 6 point dogs.
nickelbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:24 PM   #13
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

Quote:
Everything favors the Steelers.

Everything would still favor the Steelers even if LT was 100%.

That's my point.

Sore or not... Sproles will still be the most explosive, big play back we have.

Like I said... no pressure.

The Chargers are 6 point dogs.
I know it's easy to say there is no pressure because they are underdogs and no one thought they deserved to be here, but they didn't look like they we're playing carefree football. They were methodical and meticulous. I don't recall many deep threats or gambles at all.

This is the playoffs, there is plenty of pressure on both sides.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:29 PM   #14
westcoastransplant
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11289

I would like another crack at the Titans in Nashville. Revenge would be nice. Plus, even though I know the Steelers can do it, but beating a team like the Ratbirds 3 times would be difficult.
westcoastransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:34 PM   #15
nickelbolt
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
I know it's easy to say there is no pressure because they are underdogs and no one thought they deserved to be here, but they didn't look like they we're playing carefree football. They were methodical and meticulous. I don't recall many deep threats or gambles at all.

This is the playoffs, there is plenty of pressure on both sides.
True. Guess I'm just speaking more from a media/fan perspective. And believe me, these Chargers seemed to have believed their own hype a little too much this season. It was only when people wrote them off that they appeared to rally and play with some passion & pride.

So in that regard, I can only hope they're reading and hearing all of the talk. Maybe they'll buckle down and not party at the bars before the game. Apparently this had been a problem earlier in the season. And they played like they were hungover too.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:37 PM   #16
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

Quote:
True. Guess I'm just speaking more from a media/fan perspective. And believe me, these Chargers seemed to have believed their own hype a little too much this season. It was only when people wrote them off that they appeared to rally and play with some passion & pride.

So in that regard, I can only hope they're reading and hearing all of the talk. Maybe they'll buckle down and not party at the bars before the game. Apparently this had been a problem earlier in the season. And they played like they were hungover too.
Yeah what's up with that? I read those articles in the paper. There are some good bars in Pitt if they are interested, I'm sure we could arrange for a few cases of Yuengling to show up at the hotel.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:44 PM   #17
nickelbolt
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
Yeah what's up with that? I read those articles in the paper. There are some good bars in Pitt if they are interested, I'm sure we could arrange for a few cases of Yuengling to show up at the hotel.

I was pissed, but not surprised at the articles.

I had heard from some "sources" that Chargers players were partying pretty hard in San Diego as well as on the road.

The KC game (we won) was where the report surfaced in the paper. But it was pretty vague. Could have just been a group of guys out to dinner on Friday night prior to the Sunday game. Didn't state names of player, names of bars, etc. Just that a group of Chargers players was seen out at "hotspots" in KC.

The reports I heard from the sources said they love "Hard Rock" hotels & places like that. Also said they booze pretty hard.

Not sure if this is still the case, but apparently they're working harder now at least.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:55 PM   #18
TeeJay
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 7083

(No disrespect to The Chargers.....and no respect to the RatBirds....)

But, if there is any justice in this World, it'll be a Steeler v Titan AFC Championship.

The Tits didn't just offend The Towel, Pittsburgh or The Steeler Nation. They disrespected the memory of Myron Cope. And THAT is unforgiveable.

And it'll never, NEVER be forgotten, nor forgiven.

Revenge is Black and Gold, and unrelenting. It may not be this year, but it won't stop until Titan Blue is the new Cleveland Brown, or Bungle Orange - just another Steeler's Bitch.

(And yes, I do own several Towels - One untouched, still with the labels etc, that's going to be framed, and one that accompanies me everywhere.....that's been waved to near threadbare! - Yup, I wave it whilst listening to The Steelers Radio Network......better reception than AFN ever was!)
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -- Jack Lambert. Feb '09 - Hell Yeah, they made the Doughnuts

Last edited by TeeJay; 01-05-2009 at 07:07 PM.
TeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:18 PM   #19
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

While I would love to play the Rats again in our house, I think I'd like to trample the Tites into the ground more and knock their arrogant asses into the following week.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:30 PM   #20
TeeJay
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 7083

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

With fries and a beer....and a Ring to throw in for good measure
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -- Jack Lambert. Feb '09 - Hell Yeah, they made the Doughnuts
TeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote