Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-05-2009, 12:05 PM   #21
HOTDOG
Water Boy

Member Number: 11303
Default Re: Why I Fear The Chargers...

The Chargers are a beat up team. No LT. I think they'll have a tough time in Pitt. What are the weather conditions for this weekend anyway?
Old 01-05-2009, 12:07 PM   #22
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle43 View Post
Yes we did dominate that game, but we must remember that this is not the same Chargers team we played a couple months back. .
And it's not the same Steelers team either.

While the Steelers were blowing through the Pats, Cowboys and Ratbirds in a 3 game stretch late in the year the Bolts got beat by Atlanta then were playing the Raiders and KC at the time..........big deal.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:11 PM   #23
verks36
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 5088

their is one thing i worry about.

1. If ben just has one of those games. Where he can single handidly lose us the game a la the raiders game a year ago. If he commits 3 or more turnovers i dont see us winning the game. The perfect gameplan would be get ahead early and then just run willie till the game is voer

xbox live gamertag= NtL doubledooky
I dedicate the 36 at the end of my name to thee Jerome bettis

"Working hard beats talent that doesn't work hard."- Kevin Durrant

IF YOU ARE NOT A STEELERS FAN CLICK HERE
---------------------------------------------------->>>>http://vpoet.net/flash/youare.swf

--------------DA Offical Steelers Soulja Boy Dance----------------------
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-F-9s3vWOXk
verks36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:12 PM   #24
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Richardson View Post
Heres what scares me. Bolts 0-13 all time during the regular season against Pitt, but 2-0 all time in the playoffs against Pitt. They are a different team.
Wonder if guys like Stan Humphries, Natrone Means, Neil O'Donnell, and Barry Foster will be suiting up for this game? Irrelevant. And the loss to them in the '82 playoffs is possibly even more irrelevant.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:21 PM   #25
T.Richardson
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 10617

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Wonder if guys like Stan Humphries, Natrone Means, Neil O'Donnell, and Barry Foster will be suiting up for this game? Irrelevant. And the loss to them in the '82 playoffs is possibly even more irrelevant.
true...but still!!
Old 01-05-2009, 12:22 PM   #26
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Richardson View Post
Heres what scares me. Bolts 0-13 all time during the regular season against Pitt, but 2-0 all time in the playoffs against Pitt. They are a different team.
My glass is half full....I will take a 13-2 record. All the two wins tell me is that they were able to field two strong playoff teams in the past...They cant say that THIS year.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:23 PM   #27
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,095 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Thanks for that thoughtful insight.
Sorry. But Colon always has that holding call that brings back a good play every game. And Big Ben plays like Tony Romo sometimes. I just don't want him to ruin this defense from being one of the greatest because of stupid plays.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:29 PM   #28
nickelbolt
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 11382

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle43 View Post
Yes we did dominate that game, but we must remember that this is not the same Chargers team we played a couple months back. They have a new DC and their defense is playing a whole lot better than they were at the beginning of the season. This is why they are in the playoffs and in the position they are in now. With that said if our offense can hold on to the football and not commit turnovers we will have a great chance of moving on to the AFC championship game.
Yep. It's true the Chargers needed an epic collapse by the gutless, Cutler-led donkeys. But they've focused on getting better every week and the defense is night and day from where they were in week 11.

It's still gonna come down to basics: running the ball, stopping the run, and not turning it over. Both teams will have trouble finding the endzone. But the Steelers are built for this type of grinding game. The Chargers offense won't miss the Tomlinson who played vs. the Steelers in that previous game though.

Many of us have been screaming for Sproles to get more carries all season long. It was clear LT wasn't healthy up until the last couple of weeks. Sucks he won't be able to help us right now. But screw it. At this point, 8-8 doesn't matter... LT doesn't matter... what matters is that the defense continues to improve and if they stop the running game of the Steelers... it's a toss up.

I love this stuff. Whoever wins this game is going to the Superbowl.

Who could ask for anything more? Good luck people.
nickelbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:36 PM   #29
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,072 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
Sorry. But Colon always has that holding call that brings back a good play every game. And Big Ben plays like Tony Romo sometimes. I just don't want him to ruin this defense from being one of the greatest because of stupid plays.
Sorry to bring out the chair, but words like "always" and "every" are classic overreaction signs that imply Colon should have 40 holding calls per game, which he doesnt. If Colon would do what Kemo sometimes does, in not recognize the delay blitz and let the defender run freely at Ben...........would that be better??

Colon lacks the size to play RT and does the best he can at the position. The coaches should have him inside at guard. Ben sometimes makes mistakes and I dont like it either, but when he takes a chance and throws a 50 yard bomb everybody is on his bandwagon.

We all make mistakes and if you are gonna wrongly categorize guys for always making mistakes, when they only sometimes do.....then we might as well all be Eagles fans and boo Santa Claus.
El-Gonzo Jackson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:16 PM   #30
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Don't forget Rodney Harrison and Junior Seau.

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote