Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 01-05-2009, 05:59 PM   #21
nickelbolt
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 11382
Default Re: Chargers Receivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
You know an interesting matchup will be who stays back to block Polamalu or whoever rushes. I'm not so sure Hester or Sproles are going to be effective at stopping that type of blitz. I think they are going to have to use Manumaleuna as a FB. Or drop Gates back there, they do that sometimes. Which is fine by me, take Gates out of the list of options and me likey!!!
Yeah. I think Lebeau is gonna just bring heat all day long and leave it up to his secondary to make some big plays.
nickelbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:13 PM   #22
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbolt View Post
Yeah. I think Lebeau is gonna just bring heat all day long and leave it up to his secondary to make some big plays.
I would say you are correct in that assumption! Patty Cake is going to be facing pressure from everywhere - he's not going to know where it's coming from most of the time, but in his favor - he has that quick release and the common sense to throw it away when he has defenders in his face.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:00 PM   #23
sdchargeher
Water Boy

Member Number: 11342

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyoder6 View Post
the wr's were rarely used in the 1st half of the game against the colts.. i just don't see jackson and chambers being a real threat against anyone
Your kidding right? Jackson is one of the best big play threats in the league. He avgs 18 yards a catch on 59 catches with 7 touchdowns. Not to mention 1100 yards receiving. Chambers is a beast too and there is also a guy named Antonio Gates to throw to... oh and its not exactly a bad thing to dump it to sproles and gates for a half.... jus sayin.
sdchargeher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:06 PM   #24
sdchargeher
Water Boy

Member Number: 11342

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyychoward86 View Post
Theyre tall, but not tall enough. The height of wide receivers is an overrated factor in this league, We just need to bring up pressure from anywhere. Have u guys SEEN Phillip Rivers run? I mean dam! I think my 6 year old cousin can run better than that. Seriously, if any of our guys pass through, he cant do much. He really isnt that great under pressure. Remember, their O-line is highly underrated, one of the best in the league if u ask me.
You forget this is Rivers first season back from a completely blown out knee. He has been wearing a brace all year of course he is slower. Still he is shifty in the pocket and has started protecting the ball more now even on a sack. He always tucks it when he rolls now whether he needs to or not. I mean really with our offense if we avoid the sack fumble strip we can convert a 2nd or 3rd n long with our guys. Plus if we don't we have the punter and a very well playing defense that can pin the steelers all day long. Throw out the fact we're 31 pass defense and 25th. We're a better defensee than that and to deny that is to be asanine and ignorant. We are good... very good right now. You guys better bring it this week.
sdchargeher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:34 PM   #25
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251
Thanked 1,014 Times in 533 Posts
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdchargeher View Post
You forget this is Rivers first season back from a completely blown out knee. He has been wearing a brace all year of course he is slower. Still he is shifty in the pocket and has started protecting the ball more now even on a sack. He always tucks it when he rolls now whether he needs to or not. I mean really with our offense if we avoid the sack fumble strip we can convert a 2nd or 3rd n long with our guys. Plus if we don't we have the punter and a very well playing defense that can pin the steelers all day long. Throw out the fact we're 31 pass defense and 25th. We're a better defensee than that and to deny that is to be asanine and ignorant. We are good... very good right now. You guys better bring it this week.
Sounds like your trying to convince yourself more than your trying to convince us. We do have the #1 defense, and to think your boys are gonna move the ball at will is ignorant if you ask me and just about all other Steeler fans.

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:35 PM   #26
BehindSteelCurtain
Team Captain

Member Number: 11279

I dont think Jackson and Chambers will have a big effect because their deep threats and I don't think Rivers will have enough time to throw deep. Gates is a bigger concern.
BehindSteelCurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:38 PM   #27
BehindSteelCurtain
Team Captain

Member Number: 11279

I just want to see Rivers cry when the games over because he lost.
BehindSteelCurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:42 PM   #28
nickelbolt
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindSteelCurtain View Post
I dont think Jackson and Chambers will have a big effect because their deep threats and I don't think Rivers will have enough time to throw deep. Gates is a bigger concern.
Chambers isn't really a deep threat now. He's become the possession receiver, while Jackson runs the deep stuff.

Also, Jackson abused Champ Bailey a couple of weeks ago. Matter of fact, Gates abused him too. He was coming off injury, but still... these receivers can make plays.

This is going to be a much more dynamic offense than what was on the field in week 11. Whether it's more effective remains to be seen. But without LT... we're better off. because he was injured and obviously not the same player he used to be.

Sproles is tired and sore right now for sure. But I think Norv will have some wrinkles that will offset the touches that would have gone to LT.

TDs will be at a premium for both teams.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:45 PM   #29
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251
Thanked 1,014 Times in 533 Posts
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbolt View Post
Chambers isn't really a deep threat now. He's become the possession receiver, while Jackson runs the deep stuff.

Also, Jackson abused Champ Bailey a couple of weeks ago. Matter of fact, Gates abused him too. He was coming off injury, but still... these receivers can make plays.

This is going to be a much more dynamic offense than what was on the field in week 11. Whether it's more effective remains to be seen. But without LT... we're better off. because he was injured and obviously not the same player he used to be.

Sproles is tired and sore right now for sure. But I think Norv will have some wrinkles that will offset the touches that would have gone to LT.

TDs will be at a premium for both teams.

Not to take anything from your guys, cause I think Gates is a beast of a TE. But Bailey has been getting burned for 2 years now at least.

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:46 PM   #30
nickelbolt
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindSteelCurtain View Post
I just want to see Rivers cry when the games over because he lost.
I think you're mistaking Rivers for Jay Cutler. It's ok. We forgive you.

NOT

See the difference?