Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-06-2009, 02:05 PM   #31
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: Has Gay taken McFadden's spot for good?

This is the BEST secondary group we have had in eons, there's no way I would want to let any of them get away.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:06 PM   #32
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
No offense taken. Most of the Rosenhaus haters think that McFadden is a gonner because he is gonna get an overpriced offer from somebody. That may be true, but he isnt exactly the top talent in the free agent CB market. I still think he can get a good offer from the Steelers and if they pay him that kind of $$, they are gonna start him.
Exactly

Asomugha and Dunta Robinson should be ranked above him by most teams
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:33 PM   #33
CanadianSteel
Team Captain

Member Number: 6555

There was a post a month or so back about which Steeler you thought had the most upside... and to me its McFadden.
Here's hopinmg they find a way to get it done
CanadianSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:37 PM   #34
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

BMAC will walk. Not because we don't try and sign him but, becasue someone else will offer him more than he's worth. NO MATTER HOW GOOD HE BECOMES. He will get more money than he is worth right now based on his potential. I would love to have him back but he will get a big deal somewhere else and take the money and run ala Randel El.
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:44 PM   #35
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

A couple things...

1. I think B-Mac is resigned and takes over Townsend's position. I think Gay is moved to the number 3 slot. I think Townsend is signed for a year, and fights to regain is number one spot from B-Mac. It is the best of all worlds.

2. Drew Rosenhaus is a GREAT Agent for the Steelers to deal with.

http://www.steelersfever.com/forums/...d.php?p=244197

He knows how the Steelers negotiate. . . and he is upfront with them.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:32 PM   #36
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,952 Times in 3,010 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
A couple things...

1. I think B-Mac is resigned and takes over Townsend's position. I think Gay is moved to the number 3 slot. I think Townsend is signed for a year, and fights to regain is number one spot from B-Mac. It is the best of all worlds.

2. Drew Rosenhaus is a GREAT Agent for the Steelers to deal with.

http://www.steelersfever.com/forums/...d.php?p=244197

He knows how the Steelers negotiate. . . and he is upfront with them.
thanks preach.

i was sure i started a thread about it but couldnt find it with a search on rosenhaus.

the fear and loathing of drew has always baffled me. maybe its because of so many talented (yet moronic) clients he has. but i admire him in part because of his shrewdness.

if he can rake an owner like jones or snyder over the coals it is HIS JOB to do so. however he also knows what type of owners he is dealing with in the rooneys and nobody is probably more shrewd (yet reasonable) than dan, kevin and omar.

BTW- i was just about spot on with my prediction of timmons deal. fansince and i are gonna start an agency.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:12 AM   #37
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,837 Times in 921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
thanks preach.

i was sure i started a thread about it but couldnt find it with a search on rosenhaus.

the fear and loathing of drew has always baffled me. maybe its because of so many talented (yet moronic) clients he has. but i admire him in part because of his shrewdness.

if he can rake an owner like jones or snyder over the coals it is HIS JOB to do so. however he also knows what type of owners he is dealing with in the rooneys and nobody is probably more shrewd (yet reasonable) than dan, kevin and omar.

BTW- i was just about spot on with my prediction of timmons deal. fansince and i are gonna start an agency.
Like I posted before, dealing with Rosenhaus clients as a rookie draft pick is pretty much painting a contract by numbers. Free Agent contracts are much different.

The loathing of Drew Rosenhaus for me dates back to when he faked a cell phone call which drove the Bills to draft Willis McGahee higher than expected. But other than that, he reportedly has stolen clients from other agents and done well for his clients at the expense of desperate teams. (Javon Kearse- Eagles, Javon Walker- Broncos,

ESPN.com spoke with six agents who have publicly and privately had issues with Rosenhaus. Four of them recently lost clients to Rosenhaus. The off-the-record feeling in the fraternity of agents is that Rosenhaus sometimes breaks the NFL Player's Association rules by directly contacting clients signed with other agents. He and his players deny this charge. Several agents, from behind the shield of anonymity, claim that Rosenhaus uses players to actively recruit other players (indirect contact is also against union regulations). Further, they speculate that Rosenhaus rewards them with them finder's fees.

Back on Feb. 26 Ken Sarnoff, a Chicago-based agent, quietly filed a grievance with the NFLPA that claimed Rosenhaus illegally initiated conversations with his former client, Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Anquan Boldin, at the scouting combine and eventually signed him last August

Players have approached McGahee who was drafted No. 23 in the 2003 NFL draft after suffering a career-threatening knee injury in his final college game at Miami about hiring Rosenhaus. What does he tell them? "Come on over to the dark side," McGahee said, smiling.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print...819&type=story

I applaud free enterprise, but basically the NFL is a cartel (sp?) and Rosenhaus is as greasy as the come. But, in the end......McFadden is a 2nd level talented CB on the market and we might resign him, but the Steelers rarely overpay anybody.
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:05 AM   #38
BehindSteelCurtain
Team Captain

Member Number: 11279

Having depth at CB is nice. You can switch off and on keeping players fresh.
BehindSteelCurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:00 AM   #39
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 2292

This is a nice issue to deal with, having great depth at the CB spot again. I would hate to see McFadden continue his progression with another team. He has developed very nicely and has become our 2nd best CB on the team. It appears that Tomlin has really helped Ike, McFadden, Townsend and Gay step up their play. And if we would lose McFadden then that will become another priority in the draft. I still believe McFadden will get a nice offer from the Steelers to stay. Hopefully he takes it and doesn't go for the biggest contract out there.
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:05 AM   #40
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

I hope so...

This will lower McFaddens expectations come free agency and possibly have other teams shy away from him.....

This could mean that we get him back next year.....