Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-06-2009, 10:46 AM   #11
baphamet
Water Boy

Member Number: 11354
Default Re: It wouldn't completely shock me if the game is close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer View Post
San Diego didn't get blown out in any game this season all game they lost were very close... some game they won were blowout :)
yeah it isn't going to be a blowout, but by all means, get your hopes up steelers fans!
baphamet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:55 AM   #12
TheCurseOfTonyMartin
Water Boy

Member Number: 11403

Oh maybe it will be close? Don't fool yourselves. Both of these teams are capable of beating each other, and if there happens to be a blowout, you best believe it will be the Bolts on the winning side. The Steelers couldn't get a TD when the Chargers were in their supreme funk, so what makes you think they can get some when the Chargers are playing like Super Bowl contenders?
TheCurseOfTonyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:57 AM   #13
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,162 Times in 429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCurseOfTonyMartin View Post
Oh maybe it will be close? Don't fool yourselves. Both of these teams are capable of beating each other, and if there happens to be a blowout, you best believe it will be the Bolts on the winning side. The Steelers couldn't get a TD when the Chargers were in their supreme funk, so what makes you think they can get some when the Chargers are playing like Super Bowl contenders?
Maybe because the refs won't nullify multiple TDs of ours this time?
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:21 AM   #14
Binary Bolt Fan
Water Boy

Member Number: 11339

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Maybe because the refs won't nullify multiple TDs of ours this time?
Don't go all Indy on us...

I'm tired of ref talk. Chargers got screwed all season long, but they LOST. Because they didn't play well enough to win. Colt fans and Freeney in particular ought to be embarrassed for blaming the refs. They had a +2 turnover differential and lost. don't blame the refs.
Binary Bolt Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:24 AM   #15
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,162 Times in 429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binary Bolt Fan View Post
Don't go all Indy on us...

I'm tired of ref talk. Chargers got screwed all season long, but they LOST. Because they didn't play well enough to win. Colt fans and Freeney in particular ought to be embarrassed for blaming the refs. They had a +2 turnover differential and lost. don't blame the refs.
Indy lost because they couldn't convert a 3rd-and-2.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:56 AM   #16
bradness113
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1962

last time we won....we beat the chargers AND the refs. We had some key injuries in Miller, McFadden, Townsend. The big plays the chargers had on offense came against Fernando Bryant. Who just joined the team that week. I just finished watching the game...and I think it could get ugly...we put up BIG numbers last time, not on the scoreboard, but u can thank the refs for that. I got alot more confident after rewatching the last game.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:04 PM   #17
baphamet
Water Boy

Member Number: 11354

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradness113 View Post
last time we won....we beat the chargers AND the refs. We had some key injuries in Miller, McFadden, Townsend. The big plays the chargers had on offense came against Fernando Bryant. Who just joined the team that week. I just finished watching the game...and I think it could get ugly...we put up BIG numbers last time, not on the scoreboard, but u can thank the refs for that. I got alot more confident after rewatching the last game.
as you should, if you are going to put stock into facing that same team you faced earlier in the year, then your team shouldn't have any problems.

problem is, its a completely different team, different DC with a defense playing much better. seems a lot of your are trying to convince yourselves that this will be an easy win....a blowout.

sorry to break it to you but it just isn't going to be easy, it isn't going to be a blowout. you are going to have to earn this win, its going to be a battle.....better that ways anyways in my opinion.
baphamet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:41 PM   #18
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
as you should, if you are going to put stock into facing that same team you faced earlier in the year, then your team shouldn't have any problems.

problem is, its a completely different team, different DC with a defense playing much better. seems a lot of your are trying to convince yourselves that this will be an easy win....a blowout.

sorry to break it to you but it just isn't going to be easy, it isn't going to be a blowout. you are going to have to earn this win, its going to be a battle.....better that ways anyways in my opinion.
And for some reason chargers fans think they are going to be facing the same team they faced a few weeks ago.

While your logic is correct, you still have to apply it to both teams. This Steelers defense is not the same it was and the offense isn't the same either. Our special teams are better than they were and the chargers are going to find the game just as difficult.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:00 PM   #19
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321

Anyone who thinks that San Diego can't come into Pittsburgh and beat us is not living in reality. This team hasn't had an easy playoff win at home since the 2001 Ravens game.

2001 Patriots - Beaten at home

2002 vs Browns - Down big. Came back to Win

2004 Jets - should have lost that game. Doug O'Brien missed two very makable FG's that would have won that game...one at the end of regulation and one in overtime.

2005 - We were on the road....playing the role of the underdog...just like the Chargers this year.

2007 Jaguars - Beaten at home.

Yes, they got lucky by making the playoffs, but they are a good team with solid offensive players. If they get up on us big early, we could be in trouble.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:07 PM   #20
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastFurnace View Post
Anyone who thinks that San Diego can't come into Pittsburgh and beat us is not living in reality. This team hasn't had an easy playoff win at home since the 2001 Ravens game.

2001 Patriots - Beaten at home

2002 vs Browns - Down big. Came back to Win

2004 Jets - should have lost that game. Doug O'Brien missed two very makable FG's that would have won that game...one at the end of regulation and one in overtime.

2005 - We were on the road....playing the role of the underdog...just like the Chargers this year.

2007 Jaguars - Beaten at home.

Yes, they got lucky by making the playoffs, but they are a good team with solid offensive players. If they get up on us big early, we could be in trouble.

I say Tomlin rights this ship. While I don't think San Diego is going to be a push over, I believe that the fans and the defense will make it difficult for Rivers to do a lot of what he could last week at home.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote