Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-06-2009, 01:12 PM   #1
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1396
Default Q&A: Ben Roethlisberger

Got this from another poster in another forum, who got it from SteelCityInsider.com:

Quote:
Q&A: Ben Roethlisberger

Ben Roethlisberger (McIsaac/Getty? By SteelCityInsider.com

Posted Jan 5, 2009

Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger says he's ready to go, but admitted that the blow to his head last game "was scary."

Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Pittsburgh Steelers
Q: How do you feel, Ben?

A: Good. How do you feel?

Q: I feel pretty good. Are you 100 percent?

A: Close. Close.

Q: Could you talk about the Chargers?

A: Well, theyíre a good football team playing great football right now. Theyíre bringing it. Theyíve been playing, for the last month or two, playoff-caliber football. Itís going to take our best shot. Last time we played them we squeezed out a baseball-score victory. Itís going to take our best.

Q: How many tests have you gone through in the last week? And do you have to do anymore?

A: Like three or four last week and one this morning.

Q: Is that it?

A: Yeah, I passed this morning (laughs). Iím good.

Q: What do you have to do in these tests?

A: I took a lot of tests with the doctor, but you just get on the computer for the concussion test.

Q: You said you passed the one this morning. Had you not passed the prior tests?

A: I donít know. I forget.

Q: What do you do on a computer concussion test?

A: Itís just like a word memory (test). They show you a bunch of words and you have to remember what they were, and you have to remember shapes and colors, different stuff like that.

Q: Naturally a lot of people brought up your last concussion and then went to your next game to see what you did. Why would this game be different?

A: Well, itís nice that we had the week off. Thatís a big help. And last time we got cleared. Weíre taking every precaution necessary with doctors and everybody. Itís going well and today weíll go out there and see how it is, the extra day today, and see how I feel and go from there.

Q: Looking back on that day, were you clear-headed in Oakland?

A: Uh, geez, thatís so long ago I donít even remember.

Q: What concerns do you have going forward after that game?

A: None. You canít afford to. Itís just like when a player comes off knee surgery, or some kind of injury, you canít go out there and play afraid, play scared to be hurt, because thatís when you get hurt. So Iím going to go out there and play normal football. If I get hit, I get hit.

Q: What might you see from their defense that you maybe didnít see the last time?

A: The last time we played them I believe it was their defensive coordinatorís first or second game. It was early, but I think they got more comfortable. Yesterday they showed a lot of different looks, a lot of different packages, so weíre going to have to be prepared, really be on our Ps and Qs, and watch a lot of film.

Q: The last game when you got hit, was it scary? Or did you know you were going to be OK?

A: Oh, no, it was scary. I mean, when you canít feel your arms you get kind of scared.

Q: You couldnít feel either arm?

A: Yeah, I couldnít feel them. They pricked me with a pin and I couldnít feel it. When you see the doctor look at the trainer with that look, it kind of scares you a little bit.

Q: Do you have any doubt youíll play Sunday?

A: No, not unless coach doesnít let me. I plan on being out there 100 percent ready to go.

Q: How long did you have a headache after that hit?

A: Um, just got rid of it a couple days ago. Itís steadily gone down.

Q: Will you wear any type of protective helmet?

A: No, weíll proceed like itís a normal game. Weíll put all that in the past. Weíre moving on.

Q: Was the helmet-to-helmet hit worse than the hit off the ground?

A: I just got done talking to Gie (Garrett Giemont) our (conditioning coordinator) and I said Iím glad we werenít on Field Turf. That grass Ė you know, the soft Heinz Field Ė mightíve helped a little bit. That whiplash is always a pain. If you ask any position player, when they hit that ground with the whiplash, itís going to hurt like crazy.

Q: The TV station showed an earlier play, saying that may have been the source. Did you feel that hit?

A: Oh, yeah. That was like the left jab before the uppercut in a boxing match. It didnít feel good then, either.

Q: Will you get more tests? Or are you done after you passed one?

A: No, the next test Iím going to face is Sunday against the Chargers.

Q: How will you score touchdowns this time against the Chargers?

A: We did well offensively, efficiency-wise. We moved the ball, but we sputtered in the red zone. We canít afford to do that. We canít turn the ball over. The big thing is we can drive up and down the field, but we have to be able to put the ball in when we get down there. Three points is great but weíd rather have seven.

Q: Were they in some type of umbrella cover-2 that day?

A: Sometimes they would drop. They did a lot of different things. Theyíre a great defense and throw a lot of things at you, blitzes. Their personnel is unbelievable. Weíre going to have to match the intensity and the fire theyíre going to bring.

Q: Their punter was ridiculous the other day. Will field position be a concern?

A: Yeah field positionís going to be big for us. Any time we get the ball we want our defense to rest; hold the ball and possess it so when our defense gets back out there they can play with the fire and intensity that they do.

Q: You ran the ball well against San Diego the last time, and you ran it well in your last game. Is the running game satisfactory for the playoffs?

A: I think so. I think offensively weíre starting to click on all cylinders, and we have to. Itís that time of year where you canít afford to make mistakes. You canít turn the ball over. You have to move the ball, run and pass, doing it all. Nowís the time to see if we are on all cylinders.
The only thing that worries me is that the only got rid of the headache a couple of days ago. That's a pretty bad concussion, which makes me worry about his longevity as a quarterback and his well being as a person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines Ward
What are you going to say, I was too rough?
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:42 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,136 Times in 2,640 Posts
Default Re: Q&A: Ben Roethlisberger

Quote:
Q: You said you passed the one this morning. Had you not passed the prior tests?

A: I don’t know. I forget.
Quote:
Q: Looking back on that day, were you clear-headed in Oakland?

A: Uh, geez, that’s so long ago I don’t even remember.
bens so funny. way funnier than brett favre or tony romo...
Old 01-06-2009, 01:52 PM   #3
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by klick81 View Post
Got this from another poster in another forum, who got it from SteelCityInsider.com:

The only thing that worries me is that the only got rid of the headache a couple of days ago. That's a pretty bad concussion, which makes me worry about his longevity as a quarterback and his well being as a person.
Well hopefully in the off season, they'll fix that problem and get him a more secure line.

Until then, go with what we got. Knowing Ben is ready to go and so is our defense!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:55 PM   #4
The_WARDen
Head Coach

Member Number: 7628

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
Well hopefully in the off season, they'll fix that problem and get him a more secure line.

Until then, go with what we got. Knowing Ben is ready to go and so is our defense!
unfortunately, they haven't taken the Oline seriously for several years now...don't see that changing much. They'll probably take another WR or TE...
After reading the idiotic threads over the past couple of weeks, I ask the question - "Who is worse...Steeler fans or Eagles fans?" Keep in mind that Eagle fans do not know what it's like to win a SB much less 6 and 2 this decade.
The_WARDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:56 PM   #5
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

I told you we need a "Ben's Head" forum.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:22 PM   #6
steel striker
Banned

Member Number: 7251

Ben will play well and, we will win the game.
steel striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:56 PM   #7
fordfan485
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7210

What I want to know is why Ben is not wearing the Revolution helmet since it provides better protection against concussions than the current one he is wearing. It was talked about before the 2006 season and he never did make the switch. I wonder if he will now.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_458277.html
fordfan485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:06 PM   #8
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfan485 View Post
What I want to know is why Ben is not wearing the Revolution helmet since it provides better protection against concussions than the current one he is wearing. It was talked about before the 2006 season and he never did make the switch. I wonder if he will now.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_458277.html
I wish they all had to wear them. I wonder what it is about it that players chose not to wear one.?
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:33 AM   #9
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 2292

The only way for Ben to shut everyone up about the concussion is to go out and lead the Steelers to victory. Oh and of course score TDs in the red zone this time around.
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:49 AM   #10
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

Hopefully Ben is healthy and he has a great game.
Other good news is everyone on defense is healthy and ready to go....Thats gotta scare the chargers just a bit?