Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 12-15-2005, 12:08 AM   #1
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328
Default PSU 2006 Recruiting Class

It's that time of year... Recruiting is well under way and many of the nations top players are making verbal commitments. Penn State has done great in the last couple years with the additions of five star prospects like Dan Connor, Anthony Morelli, Justin King, and Derrick Williams.

They are off to a pretty good start this year with 11 verbal commitments. LeSean McCoy (Harrisburg, PA) is one of the highest recruited players in the nation and is nearing a decision, he has said Penn State is near the top... today they got a verbal commitment from their best recruit to date.

Lions Land Gbadyu

Bani Gbadyu (4 stars)
Gathersburg, MD

Pos: OLB
HT: 6-1
WT: 210
40: 4.52

This is a huge commitment, and somewhat of a suprise. Bani had been deciding between LSU and Goergia before giving a verbal commitment to LSU. He didn't feel right about it and wanted to visit a few more Universities when his trip to Penn State made him have a change in heart. Gbadyu is considered a linebacker, but might play safty at PSU.

Strengths: Aggressiveness, Speed, Tackling Technique

Gbadyu flies around to the ball, plays very well in space, an explosive first step, and loves to have an impact on every play. Gbadyu is a defender with a great motor. He presents the ability to make plays with athleticism or with a physical style.

Biography:

Gbadyu earned first team All-County and All-League honors, as well as Honorable Mention All-State honors after his junior (8-3) season. He registered 78 tackles, 15 sacks, and three fumble recoveries; Bench: 270/Squat: 395/Power Clean: 245/Vert Jump: 39" Gbadyu reports a 2.5 GPA/first-time SAT and ACT in the fall--Gbadyu said he is also taking summer school courses in English 9 and English 10 to bring up his GPA.

Gbadyu: "I've got great speed to get to the ball. And when I get to the ball, I'm out there to take the other players' head off and hurt him because he's there to hurt me. That gets me real angry, so when I take the field and I think that, I just get downright furious. I'm out there to put on the hurt and take people out of the game.

"I want to make some quicker reads and work on my ability to take on blocks. Basically, I want to get my technique better," he said. "I am continually working on my speed, because I can really use that to help me on the field. It is a big part of what I do."

Bani's other schools of interest were Georgia, LSU, and Nebraska.

Last edited by BB2W; 12-15-2005 at 11:12 PM.
BB2W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 08:03 AM   #2
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Default Re: PSU 2006 Recruiting Class

New Jersey QB Brett Brackett commits

Brett Brackett (3 stars)
Lawrenceville. NJ

Pos: QB
HT: 6-6
WT: 232
40: 4.71

This will be a good signing... this kid has got a lot of upside, and with starter Michael Robinson graduating, and Anthony Morelli moving up the depth chart, quarterback is an area of need for Penn State. The Lions started pursuing Brackett harder when Phily standout Pat Devlin committed to Miami University.

Strengths: Intelligence, Poise and Leadership, Size

Brackett is a big pocket quarterback, he has a fresh, live arm. A lot of his best football is still ahead of him. He plays in a run-oriented offense in high school. Very mobile for his size. "He's a 6-foot-6, 232 pound quarterback who sees well, has a strong arm, but also has good legs." -Lawrence coach Rob Radice

Biography:

Brackett passed for more than 3,000 yards and 30 touchdowns as a sophomore and junior at Lawrence. He has a 3.4 GPA and scored 1090 on the SAT. Brackett made an unofficial visit to Penn State earlier this week.

Brackett attends the renowned Parisi Speed School in New Jersey once a week, where he works on his mechanics with former NFL star Phil Simms. He also attended the Elite College Combine in New Jersey earlier this month, where experts rated him as one of the top two passers at the event.

He threw for 1,569 yards and 19 touchdowns and rushed for 322 yards and five scores to lead the Cardinals to an 8-2 record and earn The Times' Player of the Year honors as a senior.

"I'm honored by all of this," said Brackett, who finished second in CVC history with 3,823 passing yards and third with 42 touchdown passes. "It's great to get individual accolades, but I wouldn't have done any of this without my teammates."

Brett's other schools of interest were Boston College, Louisville, and Duke.

Last edited by BB2W; 12-15-2005 at 11:10 PM.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:23 PM   #3
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Looks good, thanks for all the info BB2W, keep us updated.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:49 PM   #4
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

I like the sound of this looks like Back To Back Big Ten Championships for Penn State.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 10:56 PM   #5
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Commit from top tier WR

Chris Bell (4 stars)
Norfolk, VA

Pos: WR
HT: 6-3
WT: 215
40: 4.5

We brought in three of the nations best recievers in our 2005 recruiting class with Derrick Williams, Justin King, and Lydell Sargent. Well, we brought in another one of the nations best recievers in Granby's Chris Bell. Last season Penn State found to diamonds in the rough at WR in Deon Butler, and Jordan Norwood... Knowledge Timmons was redshirted last season and will be active this year, so Bell has got some work to do to move up the depth chart. A redshirt might be expected... but he does have some size, something the others don't.

Strengths: Body Control, Red Zone Weapon, Size

Bell is the prototype new age receiver, a big bodied kid who can fly. He is a polished receiver with tremenodus ball skills, he uses his body well to shield would be defenders from making a play on the ball. His size and strength should make him a formidable red zone threat.

“He can do a lot of different things,” said Dave Hudak. “He’s strong. He was double covered every game last year and there was a couple of plays where he just shook two guys and physically manhandled them to get them off him and then went another 30 to 40 yards with the ball. He can run past you; he can turn a short one into a very long gain. And he can jump. He’s just a gifted athlete.”

"He's got the quickest hands you've ever seen and he's extremely dangerous after the catch. He's got a lot to learn yet, he's just playing off natural ability." -Granby Coach Dave Hudak

Biography:

As a junior, Bell caught 52 passes taking 12 in for touchdowns. He also added two punt return touchdowns. From his safety position, Bell intercepted five passes. Bell: "I've got great speed for my size and weight at wide receiver, and I've got real good hands. I'm also good at fighting for more yards after the catch."

Last season Bell was named first-team All-Tidewater Last season Bell was named first-team All-Tidewater after finishing with 48 catches for 654 yards and scoring 15 touchdowns.

“A lot of people evaluate me on how I play” this year, Bell said, “but they don’t understand that I play on a very young team.”

Bell, who said he already has qualified academically for college, joins a Penn State team whose current roster features 10 freshmen or sophomore wide receivers.

“I have no problem with battling for a position,” Bell said. “I have no problem trying to beat somebody out. It’s a sport, competition, so I’m used to it.”

At Penn State's Nike Camp Bell ran the 40 in 4.56, Short Shuttle: 4.15, and the 3-Cone in 7.02. He had a vertical jump of 35.0", and a broad jump of 9 feet 3 inches. His other schools of interest were Florida, California, and Michigan.

Last edited by BB2W; 12-16-2005 at 12:54 AM.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:05 AM   #6
Go_Cats
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 418

No question Chris Bell is the best recruit, hes actually projecting as a five star recruit, so far you havent had a great recruiting class, lots of 3 star recruits, couple of two star, I think Joe P was a little impatient and pulled the trigger a little early on some of the 2 and 3 star recruits.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:05 AM   #7
Go_Cats
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 418

So far though having a very solid top 20 recruiting class
Old 12-16-2005, 04:20 PM   #8
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Good Recruting Class To This Point. Keep It Up Joe.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 06:14 PM   #9
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Cats
No question Chris Bell is the best recruit, hes actually projecting as a five star recruit, so far you havent had a great recruiting class, lots of 3 star recruits
I think Bani Gbadyu and Navorro Bowman are our biggest recruits until today... Today DT Jared Ordrick announced he will attend Penn State. He's by far our biggest recruit to date, hopefully we can land the nation's 3rd highest recruited RB LeSean McCoy...

For the record... I purchased the Scout ticket at Rival's BWI, and I am watching film of some of these guys that is amazing. I wish all you Penn State fans could see it. Gbadyu, Bowman, and Barrett look great. I still have to watch Ordrick and some others. I will post a write up soon... things are looking good in PSU's future.

Last edited by BB2W; 12-19-2005 at 06:23 PM.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:49 AM   #10
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Will Joe Pa play it out for four more years with these guys?? Now that would be amazing