Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-22-2005, 02:09 PM   #11
pitt
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 474
Default Re: RIP James Dungy (Tony Dungy's son)

I feel sorry for the family.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:12 PM   #12
Eztarget
Starter

Member Number: 162
Default Re: Tony Dungy's son found dead!

Interesting website that appears to be James Dungy's:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=41899442
Eztarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 02:40 PM   #13
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eztarget
Interesting website that appears to be James Dungy's:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=41899442
that is interesting...but ppl can make all that shit up. but why would they make up dungy's son? anyways prayers go out to the dungy family
Old 12-22-2005, 02:46 PM   #14
Eztarget
Starter

Member Number: 162

I'm guessing it was a website he put up to "be cool" with his friends. It's not like this kid grew up in the ghetto. I imagine the 18 hour work days Tony probably pulls doesn't leave much for "quality" family time.
Eztarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 02:48 PM   #15
Sharkissle29
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eztarget
I'm guessing it was a website he put up to "be cool" with his friends. It's not like this kid grew up in the ghetto. I imagine the 18 hour work days Tony probably pulls doesn't leave much for "quality" family time.
what strikes me is the raiders backround??????he wouldnt be a colts fan?
Old 12-22-2005, 02:55 PM   #16
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,842 Times in 4,488 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by St33lers
what strikes me is the raiders backround??????he wouldnt be a colts fan?
tonys son probably picked out the raiders as his team years ago. maybe during the bo jackson years. long before dungy coached with the colts. its cool to be a raider fan. his website is probably done for fun and really doesnt show stuff that alot of kids arent into. we are in the hip hop generation. a kid smoking weed or experimenting in college doesnt suprise me. been there done that.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 03:10 PM   #17
Sharkissle29
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
tonys son probably picked out the raiders as his team years ago. maybe during the bo jackson years. long before dungy coached with the colts. its cool to be a raider fan. his website is probably done for fun and really doesnt show stuff that alot of kids arent into. we are in the hip hop generation. a kid smoking weed or experimenting in college doesnt suprise me. been there done that.
yea im in that stage as we speak. however, im not gonna put gangsta stuff up with guns as a cursor? did you see his main pic with that hankerchief (spell check) over his face? thats pretty thuggish, could be gang related. not that it makes any difference about his death bc it really is tragic. but is this kid everything ppl say he is?
Old 12-22-2005, 03:23 PM   #18
Motley Nate
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 735

I posted this on the CincyBengals board but I figured I'd share with you guys too:

Wow... you are not going to believe this.

One week before Christmas, almost exactly 3 years ago, I met Tony Dungy and his son.

The Colts were in Cleveland to play the Browns. My family was staying the weekend at the Renaissance Hotel downtown in part of a Christmas tradition of going downtown to shop, see the lights, etc. for Christmas. Visiting NFL teams stay at the Renaissance when in town to play the Browns so it's usually packed on the weekends, let alone Christmas time.

My dad and I on the Saturday evening that weekend were going to get something for our wives so we took an elevator down to the main lobby. These elevators are old and always crammed with people. We budge in and head on our way. The elevator stopped on the executive floor which was a floor reserved for celebrities, etc. The doors opened and there stood Tony Dungy and some kid. In surprise, I yelp "Hey, Tony Dungy!". He looked at me a little bewildered and said he'd wait for the next elevator since we were full. I told everyone to make more room for Tony and Tony and what I presumed was his son entered the elevator. Once we reached the mobbed lobby, everyone poured out of the lobby and my dad and I headed for the Tower City Shopping Plaza.

Right next to us, Tony and his son walked up. In between frequent autograph seekers and passer-bys, the four of us started a conversation. Tony introduced "Jimmy" to me and my dad and I introduced my homer dad to Tony (example of my dad's NFL knowledge: he had the 3rd pick in his fantasy draft and drafted TRENT GREEN... ugh). I told Tony that I thought it was great that he brought his son to Cleveland during the Christmas season because I have fond memories of going with my dad and still do to this day. No matter how different or busy our lives became, we still go and I was glad to see another father and son spending time together as well.

We finally reached the Tower City shopping plaza and we wished each other a Merry Christmas and went our separate ways. As they were walking away, I wanted to turn back around and wish him good luck or mention something about the game. I couldn't believe that I met Tony Dungy and didn't say one thing about football or the game the next day. I stopped myself when I saw Tony put his hand on his son's shoulder and I thought to myself "The guy is in a playoff race, it's getting towards the end of the year, he's got a game tomorrow and most importantly he's out with his son during Christmas time. Leave him alone.". I turned back to my dad and went on our way. It just felt great to see the guy spending time with his son like they were the only people in the whole plaza.

I just can't describe how hard it is to think about that now.

I can tell you from that experience, Tony Dungy was a real man: a father to his son.

Not a successful NFL coach.

A father.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:54 PM   #19
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Wow thats an interesting story Nate, thanks for sharing it with us.

tony is such a great guy and will always be apart of the Steelers as much as any other team so we feel for him as much if not more than most. Just a terrible loss of life...
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 05:12 PM   #20
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

Rooney quote...

"The entire Steelers organization is deeply saddened to learn of the untimely death of James Dungy. James' father Tony was a well-loved player and coach for the Steelers during the 1970's and '80s. We remember James very fondly as a young child when Tony coached our defense. The entire Dungy family has always been held in high regard throughout the Steelers organization and around the National Football League." -- Pittsburgh Steelers president Art Rooney II

link-----> http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns