Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-24-2005, 11:16 AM   #31
Steelerbabe28
Water Boy

Member Number: 964
Default Re: Cowher whining again, does he ever NOT complain? Says Ben should be in Pro bowl

I think Billy needs to worry about the making it to the big game instead of worry about big ben and the Pro Bowl. Granted he had a good year but he had a better reason to go last year and the three qbs that did go were more deserving this year IMO. Give it time billy and quit your belly aching, Ben will make it eventually.
Steelerbabe28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 11:21 AM   #32
Steelerbabe28
Water Boy

Default Re: Cowher whining again, does he ever NOT complain? Says Ben should be in Pro bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
now go cats dont go disappearing from your own thread unless you expect uk candy bee to fight your battle..........

or did you finally remember that palmers numbers are pretty insignificant compared to those that p. manning, mcnabb, or culpepper posted last year.

that manning did it while being benched in the latter parts of games numerous times.

that mcnabb did it when reid benched the starters the final 3 games, plus the time t.o. missed hurt mcnabbs #s

that culpepper did alot of that without r. moss.

or that ben has missed 4 games this year, has had a surgery, needs another surgery, and has played all other games injured, still posting a higher win % and passer rating than palmer. (ben has still only lost 4 professional games started, and didnt need a year of tutorship under the hall of famer kitna to learn to be a playa)

while i see the intent of smack behind your initial post it still comes up rather lame. maybe next time
though I am a Steeler fan I only give credit where credit is due, regardless of the team he plays for. But if anybody got dissed not making the Pro Bowl especailly with the stats he put up while being hurt, is Anquan Boldin. He is doing just as good as Fitzgerald and didnt play in 2 games and IMO is more of a playmaker. Ben will make the Pro Bowl, trust me on that, but not because of his record. He wouldnt have that record if it wasnt for coach billy, the running game and the defense.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:57 AM   #33
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

The cards players tend to get overlooked for pro bowls becuz of their mediocrity for so long.. but boldin and fitzgerald, both 1000 yd recievers are as deserving as any wideout.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 12:07 PM   #34
Steelerbabe28
Water Boy

In my opinion, I think they are the best 1-2 widout tandem in the NFL. Fitz made the Pro Bowl but I would rather have Boldin myself. That boy is a playmaker.
Old 12-24-2005, 05:52 PM   #35
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 420

It comes down to who has better numbers for the pro bowl, Chambers must have out done him as for Ben in the pro bowl I doubt he will make it anytime soon bc like it was stated before "Brady is Brady" and Palmer and Manning will be there all the time if they always play like they have been..............As for Ben having a higher rating what does that mean when Palmer has double the completions, a ton mor TD's double the yards, Hell Palmer has more incompletions then Ben has attempts.
bengalsfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 05:54 PM   #36
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerbabe28
though I am a Steeler fan I only give credit where credit is due, regardless of the team he plays for. But if anybody got dissed not making the Pro Bowl especailly with the stats he put up while being hurt, is Anquan Boldin. He is doing just as good as Fitzgerald and didnt play in 2 games and IMO is more of a playmaker. Ben will make the Pro Bowl, trust me on that, but not because of his record. He wouldnt have that record if it wasnt for coach billy, the running game and the defense.
Finally a smart steeler fan (i'm just josin you guys)
bengalsfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 11:27 AM   #37
stillers4strife
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 400

Ben doesn't deserve to be in the Pro Bowl, certainly when matched up against the previously mentioned AFC QB's.

At the same time, what Cowher did....that's what coaches do. No surprise or big deal.

The fewer Steelers that make the Pro Bowl, the better. One less chance for an injury. Ben needs time to heal up and probably needs surgery after the season so even if he was having the best season of any of the AFC QB's, he probably wouldn't travel to Hawaii. I'd rather Faneca and Hartings, Porter and Pola not go.

As for the rest of them, Pro Bowls are only important as bragging rights for fans and contract negotiations for agents/players. That's it.

As Polamalu said, "I'd rather be known as a Super Bowler, not a Pro Bowler."

Agree with Steelerbabe that Cowher and Co. need to focus on the task at hand which is getting into the playoffs and then the playoffs. Forget about the Pro Bowl.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:25 PM   #38
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,811 Times in 4,474 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsfan21
It comes down to who has better numbers for the pro bowl, Chambers must have out done him as for Ben in the pro bowl I doubt he will make it anytime soon bc like it was stated before "Brady is Brady" and Palmer and Manning will be there all the time if they always play like they have been..............As for Ben having a higher rating what does that mean when Palmer has double the completions, a ton mor TD's double the yards, Hell Palmer has more incompletions then Ben has attempts.
that a little to convinient to leave out that ben missed 4 games and was pulled in the 3rd or 4th quarter of 3 others. so just add a conservative 1000 yds and 10 td's for an accurate comparisson.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 02:45 PM   #39
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4strife
Ben doesn't deserve to be in the Pro Bowl, certainly when matched up against the previously mentioned AFC QB's.

At the same time, what Cowher did....that's what coaches do. No surprise or big deal.

The fewer Steelers that make the Pro Bowl, the better. One less chance for an injury. Ben needs time to heal up and probably needs surgery after the season so even if he was having the best season of any of the AFC QB's, he probably wouldn't travel to Hawaii. I'd rather Faneca and Hartings, Porter and Pola not go.

As for the rest of them, Pro Bowls are only important as bragging rights for fans and contract negotiations for agents/players. That's it.

As Polamalu said, "I'd rather be known as a Super Bowler, not a Pro Bowler."

Agree with Steelerbabe that Cowher and Co. need to focus on the task at hand which is getting into the playoffs and then the playoffs. Forget about the Pro Bowl.
I think ya knocked the nail on the head with that assessment.

Coaches always back their players - Cowher is unlikely to announce to the national media that he doesnt think his starting QB should be going to the Pro-Bowl.

The whole idea of a pro-bowl is phony anyway - its based on stats because very few people ever get to see more than a highlights package of other teams regular season games - Hines does some great downfield blocks but I doubt whether they will make it onto a highlights reel.

You also get a bunch of people voting who know absolutely nothing about football and base their vote on who gets the most media attention (see Michael Vick)

I hope Brady comes in, throws 3 incompletes and is then benched so there is no chnace of an injury in a game that defines 'meaningless'

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 02:48 PM   #40
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

[)

I hope Brady comes in, throws 3 incompletes and is then benched so there is no chnace of an injury in a game that defines 'meaningless'

NM[/QUOTE]
The meanlingless game part is so true. They should have a proBowl selection and no game, just a free trip to Hawaii