Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 01-12-2009, 10:11 AM   #1
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435
Default SI.com's All-Disappointment Team: Who didn't play up to par in 2008 ~ ~ ~

SI.com's All-Disappointment Team: Who didn't play up to par in 2008

With my colleague Peter King naming his NFL All-Pro team today, it seemed like the perfect time to provide you with the flip side of awards season. Each and every week in the NFL, there's a loser for every winner, and therein provides the fodder for my second annual NFL All-Disappointment team, which the snappy headline writers here at SI.com last year dubbed my All-Bust team (thanks a bunch, guys). Consider it a who's who of NFL underachievement in 2008:

~ ~ ~ Offensive guard
• Dishonorable mention: Alan Faneca, Jets -- Contrary to popular opinion among the media and fans, some within the league believe Faneca didn't come close to earning his big money in New York this season.
i thought this one was interesting, b/c alot of people were mad that we let him go.

Quarterback

Derek Anderson, Browns -- Nobody fell further faster than Anderson in 2008. From a Pro Bowl appearance in February to a new three-year, $24 million contract extension shortly thereafter, to the bench after the Browns' dismal 3-5 start. Oh, and did we mention Cleveland fans cheering after he went down for the season with a knee injury in a Week 13 game against the Colts?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...eam/index.html

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:19 AM   #2
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: SI.com's All-Disappointment Team: Who didn't play up to par in 2008 ~ ~ ~

(Tooting my own whistle)

Called both these...
Old 01-12-2009, 11:51 AM   #3
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,631 Times in 1,570 Posts
Default Re: SI.com's All-Disappointment Team: Who didn't play up to par in 2008 ~ ~ ~

i didn't pay a whole lot of attention to faneca , or the jets, but they did have a heck of a lot more success in thier running then they had before faneca.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:14 PM   #4
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

I would go with Chad Johnson in Cincy...what a failure of a season he had.

I'd also go with the entire Buffalo organization...they were dreadful.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:19 PM   #5
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,631 Times in 1,570 Posts

how can tony romo not be on this list.....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:20 PM   #6
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
how can tony romo not be on this list.....
Dalls QB, its never their fault. Its the oline, the coaching, the defense, or the receivers...but never the Dallas QBs fault.

Besides, I'm thinking that most people in this country now recognize, that Romo, is a choker.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:09 PM   #7
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,093 Times in 1,038 Posts

Yeah, good list. Maybe if Caricker underperforms more he can play here as a DE.

Faneca wasnt worth the $$, but he is probably now the 5th best OG in the league. He still anchored a much improved Jets 0-Line.

McFadden is my favorite. Career is still young, but I said he was probably the 3rd best RB in the draft and would be an average NFL back if not a situational RB only.
El-Gonzo Jackson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:50 PM   #8
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

McFadden and Bush coule make the Raiders a decent RB tandem in the future with the right coach.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:38 PM   #9
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Yeah, good list. Maybe if Caricker underperforms more he can play here as a DE.

Faneca wasnt worth the $$, but he is probably now the 5th best OG in the league. He still anchored a much improved Jets 0-Line.

McFadden is my favorite. Career is still young, but I said he was probably the 3rd best RB in the draft and would be an average NFL back if not a situational RB only.
But it was a GREAT call for the Steelers NOT to pay him #1 or #2 money, especially for 4 or 5 years. He went from the best guard to the 5th best (this is obviously subjective but for arguments sake lets go with it) in just a year or two. How overpaid will Faneca be in another two years? What kind of sacred cow status will he hold on the Jets? Look how they coddled Favre.

This was a great FO move by the Steelers, and it will become clearer and clearer over the next season or two...
Old 01-12-2009, 09:00 PM   #10
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

I really dont thing Faneca deserves to be on that list.

He played very well. He's always been a good run blocker, he's just decent in pass blocking. He was huge in transforming that Jets offensive line.

Plus, it ain't his fault Favre's arm turned to Jello towards the end of the season. Faneca doesn't make Favre throw picks into triple coverage.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote