Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 01-12-2009, 02:25 PM   #1
FlaccoMason85
Water Boy

Member Number: 11625
Default Why I feel good about the RAVENS sunday

Alright here's my thoughts

First off you all seem to think Joe Flacco the 'rooookie QB' will get rattled. No, you all are very much underestimating him, and it is for this reason I think he has the potential to have a pretty good game in the air, specifically to the likes of Mason/Heap.

Second, we can run the ball on you. Le'Ron McClain is a big bruising RB who has played well against the steelers this year.

Another thing, if you think you are gonna RUN it with PARKER, think AGAIN. Cute game last night for the oline but theyre still SOFT and the chargers are not nearly as good defensively as the RAVENS. The defense will have FIRE in their eyes and won't let your offense, as a whole, do much of ANYTHING.

Oh, and I know this may ring irrelevant to your ears, but for a history lesson. Steelers CANNOT WIN at HOME in the afc championship game. 94 Chargers, 97 Broncos, 01 Patriots, 04 Patriots, 0hgeez. Almost lost it in 95 to the colts too. Led by jim HARBAUGH. It is HARD to beat a team THREE TIMES in one year. I just can't see that happening. Steelers SQUEEZED by the ravens TWO TIMES this year, third time's a charm.............. for US. This year is FATE. Ravens over Eagles in the superbowl is my prediction.

I will bump this post up win or lose... likely win

Rebuttals are welcome.
FlaccoMason85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:34 PM   #2
Pi Kapp Steeler
Team Captain

Member Number: 11049
Default Re: Why I feel good about the RAVENS sunday

You seem to have not really read into the forum before you started talking. I'll copy past what i just said in the "keys to beating the ravens" forum"

GET TO FLACCO!!!!!!!

If we can get to Flacco and try to make this allstar qb play like a rookie. We will have a good chance of winning. You cant underestimate this kid and just assume the playoff atmosphere are going to rattle him. Our defense play just as hard if they were going up against a Tom Brady or Manning.

Everyone here respect flacco as a good QB. We don't by any means are assuming he will suck in a big game because he is a rookie. So dont play that card on us.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:37 PM   #3
Polamalu43
Team Captain

Member Number: 2665

This is another dude that's gona be eating S*** after we beat his team sunday, just like many charger fans did!!! Can't wait to do the hat trick on you guys sunday, and send you off tobaltimore in tears!

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack lambert
Polamalu43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:39 PM   #4
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Here's my thoughts:

Some Bolts fans thought the same thing - our OL is SOFT, FWP wouldn't gain an ounce of yardage, Big Ben would commit massive turnovers, Rivers/Jackson/Gates would torch our secondary, yada, yada, yada. You saw how that story ended.

I just posted in another thread that I DON'T underestimate the Rats and especially not Joe Flacco. I think Harbaugh has done a GREAT job with your team this season but he's a rookie HC in the AFCC Championship away from home and in the House Of Noise II a/k/a Heinz Field. I don't look back at what happened in past games - they are in the past. I look ahead and what I'm seeing is a highly charged Steelers team riding a wave of momentum who rediscovered their offensive mojo yesterday.

I think it is YOU who is underestimating the Steelers all the way around. Don't make the same mistake some of the Bolts fans did. Respect what the Steelers have accomplished not only with the most difficult schedule in the league this season, but in the game yesterday against the Bolts.

The Rats are a tired and dinged up lot right now and the Steelers are 100% healthy. There's a lot to be said for that fact alone.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:40 PM   #5
Tomwin
Water Boy

Member Number: 11628

Lol ...ravens? seriously who are we really facing? no seriously stop joking around
Tomwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:41 PM   #6
Polamalu43
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Here's my thoughts:

Some Bolts fans thought the same thing - our OL is SOFT, FWP wouldn't gain an ounce of yardage, Big Ben would commit massive turnovers, Rivers/Jackson/Gates would torch our secondary, yada, yada, yada. You saw how that story ended.

I just posted in another thread that I DON'T underestimate the Rats and especially not Joe Flacco. I think Harbaugh has done a GREAT job with your team this season but he's a rookie HC in the AFCC Championship away from home and in the House Of Noise II a/k/a Heinz Field. I don't look back at what happened in past games - they are in the past. I look ahead and what I'm seeing is a highly charged Steelers team riding a wave of momentum who rediscovered their offensive mojo yesterday.

I think it is YOU who is underestimating the Steelers all the way around. Don't make the same mistake some of the Bolts fans did. Respect what the Steelers have accomplished not only with the most difficult schedule in the league this season, but in the game yesterday against the Bolts.

The Rats are a tired and dinged up lot right now and the Steelers are 100% healthy. There's a lot to be said for that fact alone.

Ha, that's exactly what i told him!! they will learn though

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack lambert
Old 01-12-2009, 02:42 PM   #7
Tomwin
Water Boy

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me who were really facing on sunday ..i know its not the ravens
Old 01-12-2009, 02:44 PM   #8
Polamalu43
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomwin View Post
I'm still waiting for someone to tell me who were really facing on sunday ..i know its not the ravens
No, it's the ratbirds

Old 01-12-2009, 02:46 PM   #9
Pi Kapp Steeler
Team Captain

Member Number: 11049

I respect the steelers as a competitor and know they will be team to beat. And i mean this will al due respect: I HOPE WE F***ING CRUSH THEIR SKULLS IN
Old 01-12-2009, 02:47 PM   #10
Tomwin
Water Boy

Quote:
I HOPE WE F***ING CRUSH THEIR SKULLS IN

Amen.