Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-31-2009, 03:01 PM   #141
chucoblack&gold
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9467
Default Re: Why I feel good about the RAVENS sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewman41 View Post
Hey, what's up? Thought I'd drop by here to wish you guys the best of luck!

Honestly, I'm torn who to root for b/c 1) The Cards DID beat our (much)hated Eagles rivals...at the very least, the Cards got the Eagles fans off of our backs for another 8 months(an Eagles Super Bowl would have made this offseason much more slow and painful), and 2) The Steelers ARE a team that I've admired and respected during my 25 or so years of being a football fan...the way the Rooneys run this franchise is how Jerry SHOULD have been doing so the last 15 years. Plus being an NFC guy, I've never hated AFC teams anyways, as none of them have been our rivals.(i.e. alot like SF and Green Bay have been our non-NFCE rivals for years).

With that being said, like I mentioned on another thread, the Cards magical run will likely end tomorrow. Although good news for them is that Whisenhunt has changed the morale of that franchise, and they're $40m under the cap this year, so they're good to go for years to come.
damn, T, wish more people would do their homework like you before they post. Good to see you back
Old 01-31-2009, 05:00 PM   #142
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Well, if it hasn't been obvious enough already...

Joe Flacco sucks against the Steelers.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 05:45 PM   #143
SteelCurtain7
Starter

Member Number: 10885

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaccoMason85 View Post
Alright here's my thoughts

First off you all seem to think Joe Flacco the 'rooookie QB' will get rattled. No, you all are very much underestimating him, and it is for this reason I think he has the potential to have a pretty good game in the air, specifically to the likes of Mason/Heap.

Second, we can run the ball on you. Le'Ron McClain is a big bruising RB who has played well against the steelers this year.

Another thing, if you think you are gonna RUN it with PARKER, think AGAIN. Cute game last night for the oline but theyre still SOFT and the chargers are not nearly as good defensively as the RAVENS. The defense will have FIRE in their eyes and won't let your offense, as a whole, do much of ANYTHING.

Oh, and I know this may ring irrelevant to your ears, but for a history lesson. Steelers CANNOT WIN at HOME in the afc championship game. 94 Chargers, 97 Broncos, 01 Patriots, 04 Patriots, 0hgeez. Almost lost it in 95 to the colts too. Led by jim HARBAUGH. It is HARD to beat a team THREE TIMES in one year. I just can't see that happening. Steelers SQUEEZED by the ravens TWO TIMES this year, third time's a charm.............. for US. This year is FATE. Ravens over Eagles in the superbowl is my prediction.

I will bump this post up win or lose... likely win

Rebuttals are welcome.

How're the Ravens working out for you, chump?

Enjoy watching THE STEELERS win their sixth SB tomorrow, smacky!!!!!!!!
SteelCurtain7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:32 PM   #144
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Member Number: 7458

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucoblack&gold View Post
damn, T, wish more people would do their homework like you before they post. Good to see you back
Do you want to hear something funny? Every now and then on our board, we have "Should we have drafted Troy P instead of Terrence Newman?" threads.

For the record-I've been VERY happy with Newman-despite our poor safety play in recent years, he's shown every bit to be the shutdown corner he was supposed to be coming out of college. For some reason, alot of CMBers think he's made of glass, which is why these threads pop up quite a bit(it's a myth b/c in '07, he only missed 3 games and played very well despite that nagging plasitar fanticilus injury, and '08 was pretty much the only year he missed extensive time with an injury). The knack against Newman though is that he has stone hands.

Now the "Should we have drafted Ed Reed instead of Roy Williams?" threads over there...that has MUCH more merit.
BrandonCarr39 is offline   Reply With Quote