Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-12-2009, 02:48 PM   #11
FlaccoMason85
Water Boy

Member Number: 11625
Default Re: Why I feel good about the RAVENS sunday

The Chargers were SOFT. They didnt even BLITZ. Don't expect that SOFTNESS to suddenly rub off on the REAL BEST D IN THE NFL.
FlaccoMason85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:49 PM   #12
Polamalu43
Team Captain

Member Number: 2665

[QUOTE=FlaccoMason85;525990]The Chargers were SOFT. They didnt even BlITZ. Don't expect that SOFTNESS to suddenly rub off on the REAL BEST D IN THE NFL.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAH here we go!! dude are you still drunk or something?? how are you guys the best D in the NFL?? when we have the #1 overall Defense in the league.. LOL get some glasses!

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack lambert
Polamalu43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:50 PM   #13
jev7452
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11286

yeah no one is underestimating the ratbirds in anyway and if they do, then theyre an idiot. as much as a hate them, baltimore has a great team right now and an amazing defense. as for pittsburgh not being able to win the AFCC at home, past does NOT matter. this is a different team then weve had in the past and they are playing with a ton of passion. i think this is gonna be an incredible, smashmouth football game. itll be low scoring and probably come down to the final second again but steelers football is 60 minutes long and they can come through in the clutch again.
jev7452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:51 PM   #14
Pi Kapp Steeler
Team Captain

Member Number: 11049

This guy must be an imposter Ravens fan . I havent hear so many consecutive idiotic comments in my life. Oh wait never , forgot about Mom JK i love my mom

But seriously I think this guy is a fan of another team tryin to cause some bitterness between the fans. He just wants to entertain everyone . Lets see how it pans out
Old 01-12-2009, 02:52 PM   #15
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaccoMason85 View Post
Alright here's my thoughts

First off you all seem to think Joe Flacco the 'rooookie QB' will get rattled. No, you all are very much underestimating him, and it is for this reason I think he has the potential to have a pretty good game in the air, specifically to the likes of Mason/Heap.

Second, we can run the ball on you. Le'Ron McClain is a big bruising RB who has played well against the steelers this year.

Another thing, if you think you are gonna RUN it with PARKER, think AGAIN. Cute game last night for the oline but theyre still SOFT and the chargers are not nearly as good defensively as the RAVENS. The defense will have FIRE in their eyes and won't let your offense, as a whole, do much of ANYTHING.

Oh, and I know this may ring irrelevant to your ears, but for a history lesson. Steelers CANNOT WIN at HOME in the afc championship game. 94 Chargers, 97 Broncos, 01 Patriots, 04 Patriots, 0hgeez. Almost lost it in 95 to the colts too. Led by jim HARBAUGH. It is HARD to beat a team THREE TIMES in one year. I just can't see that happening. Steelers SQUEEZED by the ravens TWO TIMES this year, third time's a charm.............. for US. This year is FATE. Ravens over Eagles in the superbowl is my prediction.

I will bump this post up win or lose... likely win

Rebuttals are welcome.
And yet, the first things that were said on this board after the game last night was that this game was going to be a slugfest, and that the Ravens, wounded as they are, will bring everything they've got to the table.

You may kindly piss off now.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:52 PM   #16
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
The Chargers were SOFT. They didnt even BLITZ. Don't expect that SOFTNESS to suddenly rub off on the REAL BEST D IN THE NFL.
You do mean your tired and hobbled up D, don't you?

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:53 PM   #17
FlaccoMason85
Water Boy

[QUOTE=Polamalu43;525992]
Quote:
The Chargers were SOFT. They didnt even BlITZ. Don't expect that SOFTNESS to suddenly rub off on the REAL BEST D IN THE NFL.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAH here we go!! dude are you still drunk or something?? how are you guys the best D in the NFL?? when we have the #1 overall Defense in the league.. LOL get some glasses!
I knew thatd fire you up but pay more attention to the FIRST part of what I said... it's more important for this game. Our linebackers and d-line will remind your o-line that they are SOFT, and they will break down. This in turn may lead to some TAKEAWAYS, a big part of the RAVENS postseason run.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:53 PM   #18
Polamalu43
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi Kapp Steeler View Post
This guy must be an imposter Ravens fan . I havent hear so many consecutive idiotic comments in my life. Oh wait never , forgot about Mom JK i love my mom

But seriously I think this guy is a fan of another team tryin to cause some bitterness between the fans. He just wants to entertain everyone . Lets see how it pans out
Tell me bout it.. he almost made me spill out my drink, it was soo funny..

Hey maybe it's BOZO the clown that's posting??

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack lambert
Old 01-12-2009, 02:54 PM   #19
FlaccoMason85
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
You do mean your tired and hobbled up D, don't you?
I think they were FINE last week, and with such a HUGE game (note both teams HATE each other) this week, they wont stop rising to the occasion.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:55 PM   #20
Polamalu43
Team Captain

Quote:
I think they were FINE last week, and with such a HUGE game (note both teams HATE each other) this week, they wont stop rising to the occasion.
I don't even think that slug and rolle are even gonna play to tell you the truth!!