Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 01-12-2009, 04:27 PM   #1
Crockett1965
Water Boy

Member Number: 11631
Default My Last Super Bowl

This will most likely be my last Super Bowl as I am terminally ill.

I have been a Steelers fan since 1971. Growing up in New York and then Chicago was tough going against the Giants, Jets and Bears but I hung in there and got in lots of fights over it which I always won, lol!

Many of my friends have asked me what I would like to do if I could do anything. I always answer the same; I want to see the Steelers win 1 more Super Bowl. They all think that I should be asking for something more or different but what's better than watching our Steelers win the Super Bowl? Especially knowing that they would be the first team to win 6!

Ok so my second wish would be to talk to my childhood hero, Lynn Swann too, lol.

I am leaving a 9 year old son that is a Cardinals fan and my 17 year old daughter is a Bears fan (his favorite color is red and she was born in Chicago). Since I have never seen a Pittsburgh home game they all have promised to take my ashes to Heinz Field 1 day for a game.

I so hope they win this year and hope that all you get to see their 20th Super Bowl win!

I hope this wasn't too morbid for any of you...Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go!

Crockett
Crockett1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:28 PM   #2
Polamalu43
Team Captain

Member Number: 2665
Default Re: My Last Super Bowl

Man that sucks bro.. that made me feel really bad now.. i hope we can win this years SB for you really.. GOD BLESS YOU

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack lambert
Polamalu43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:38 PM   #3
section514
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1401

This needs to get the attention of a news reporter. They need to get you to Tampa, fly you down. Does anyone on here have connections that can help? Go Steelers Man! You are one of many reasons that they Steelers Nation is so GREAT! Good luck, I hope you can see many more SBs
section514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:41 PM   #4
Polamalu43
Team Captain

Member Number: 2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by section514 View Post
This needs to get the attention of a news reporter. They need to get you to Tampa, fly you down. Does anyone on here have connections that can help? Go Steelers Man! You are one of many reasons that they Steelers Nation is so GREAT! Good luck, I hope you can see many more SBs
I was thinkin the same thing..

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack lambert
Polamalu43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:47 PM   #5
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by section514 View Post
This needs to get the attention of a news reporter. They need to get you to Tampa, fly you down. Does anyone on here have connections that can help?
Well, there was that one espn.com reporter who posted in the rituals/superstitions thread earlier:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsayberra View Post
Hi, my name is Lindsay Berra, I'm a writer for ESPN Magazine, I need to find a Steelers Super Fan with a bunch of crazy game-day rituals to watch the conference finals with for a story for the Magazine and ESPN.com. If you're interested and think you qualify, please email me at lindsay.berra@espn3.com. Thanks!
I mean, who knows if anything you read on the Internet is 100 percent legit (no disrespect intended, but that goes for both this and the alleged reporter), but if both are this time, that could have been some pretty fortunate timing.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:52 PM   #6
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

Well, that's it, win one for the Crockett boys!!!
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:58 PM   #7
Steel Mountain
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 11328

I wish I had some connections, because if I did, you`d be standing right beside MT on the sidelines w/ the players. All that said, there was once a time in life when 5 different Doc`s told my wife she had MAYBE 5 years to live, likely 1-2 (cancer), now 13 years later and they are scratching heads and saying..."ummm....well...you shoulda....I mean....ummm...well how about that!" DO NOT SUCCUMB TO OTHERS OPINIONS!" We will all meet our maker someday, but if you do not feel that it is your time...make it so! I pray that we win the SB and that gives you either the peace you seek or the motivation to hang for #7!!!!!
I can think of no better reason for our boys to pull out all stops and do this thing. I wish for you...PEACE!
Steel Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:03 PM   #8
wardislord
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 6868

Thanks for sharing such a personal story with us! Don't give up and love life every day, just as we all should! I hope that you're able to enjoy many many more steelers games (and superbowls!) and God bless you and your family.

ONCE YOU GO BLACK AND GOLD YOU NEVER GO BACK
wardislord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:10 PM   #9
crcsnail
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2091

best wishes from a uk fan .i really hope the steelers can win it for u :)
best wishes to u and your family
Old 01-12-2009, 05:13 PM   #10
Steel Mountain
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 11328

++++1
Steel Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote