Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2009, 09:28 PM   #1
BleedBlacknGold0
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 192
Member Number: 7140
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Ravens Fans at Bar

Im located in South Central PA so Im overcrowded with Ravens fans. So Saturday nite at the bar there is just tons of people in their Reed and Lewis jerseys yelling towards me since I had my Ward jersey on.

Basically the normal bar rants how the Steelers suck and the Ravens "won" both games but beat themselves etc. So this goes on for about an hour or 2 and finally I got sick of it.

I called them all over to my table and casually asked them if they were hardcore Ravens fans to which they reply they were. So I ask.... "Who is the Ravens' center?"

DEAD SILENCE

There were 5 total and nobody could answer it for me. One guy actually left because my friends were laughing so hard.

I've actually only ran into a few Ravens fans that actually seem to know about this team. Just thought that was a funny story to share.

BleedBlacknGold0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:30 PM   #2
Polamalu43
Team Captain
 
Polamalu43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Los Angeles. California
Posts: 873
Member Number: 2665
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ravens Fans at Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlacknGold0 View Post
Im located in South Central PA so Im overcrowded with Ravens fans. So Saturday nite at the bar there is just tons of people in their Reed and Lewis jerseys yelling towards me since I had my Ward jersey on.

Basically the normal bar rants how the Steelers suck and the Ravens "won" both games but beat themselves etc. So this goes on for about an hour or 2 and finally I got sick of it.

I called them all over to my table and casually asked them if they were hardcore Ravens fans to which they reply they were. So I ask.... "Who is the Ravens' center?"DEAD SILENCE

There were 5 total and nobody could answer it for me. One guy actually left because my friends were laughing so hard.

I've actually only ran into a few Ravens fans that actually seem to know about this team. Just thought that was a funny story to share.

Nice way to shut there arses up bro...
__________________

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack lambert
Polamalu43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:35 PM   #3
TheWarDen86
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter
 
TheWarDen86's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7,180
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1932
Thanks: 1,539
Thanked 2,814 Times in 1,196 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: Ravens Fans at Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlacknGold0 View Post
Im located in South Central PA so Im overcrowded with Ravens fans. So Saturday nite at the bar there is just tons of people in their Reed and Lewis jerseys yelling towards me since I had my Ward jersey on.

Basically the normal bar rants how the Steelers suck and the Ravens "won" both games but beat themselves etc. So this goes on for about an hour or 2 and finally I got sick of it.

I called them all over to my table and casually asked them if they were hardcore Ravens fans to which they reply they were. So I ask.... "Who is the Ravens' center?"

DEAD SILENCE

There were 5 total and nobody could answer it for me. One guy actually left because my friends were laughing so hard.

I've actually only ran into a few Ravens fans that actually seem to know about this team. Just thought that was a funny story to share.


BWAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAA!!!!

That's awesome!
__________________
"Roughing the Brady - 15 yard penalty: Automatic first down."
TheWarDen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:39 PM   #4
Hapa
Banned
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 971
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8230
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ravens Fans at Bar

Hahaha you're the man.
Hapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:02 PM   #5
KYMDFAN
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 40
Member Number: 11574
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ravens Fans at Bar

so you can name every single player on your team when you are not near a computer? I'm not going to be rude but I don't see how this is a "victory" for you.
I do think the Ravens played the Steelers very well in both games but in the fourth quarter we allowed the game to get away. That is as much the Steelers doing as the Ravens D tiring out. We have had a problem with the fourth quarter D in the last half of the season.

Honestly Jason Brown is one of the most low key people in the NFL so really i'm not shocked you got away with this one. I could ask you about the center on your team but you have the luxury of having the world wide web at your disposal so testing that out is not really plausible. You could say that you know everything about the Steelers but really being that you have access to wikipedia and other websites again I can't test it out.

I'm still going to be very respectful because I find most of the people on this forums, esp Preacher, to be very cool people. :p

I still think you got away with one because you were in a bar, messing with drunk people and had the luxury of asking the question first. Way to show how cool you are my friend.... heheh
KYMDFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:08 PM   #6
zsheik22
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 369
Member Number: 9466
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Ravens Fans at Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYMDFAN View Post
so you can name every single player on your team when you are not near a computer? I'm not going to be rude but I don't see how this is a "victory" for you.
I do think the Ravens played the Steelers very well in both games but in the fourth quarter we allowed the game to get away. That is as much the Steelers doing as the Ravens D tiring out. We have had a problem with the fourth quarter D in the last half of the season.

Honestly Jason Brown is one of the most low key people in the NFL so really i'm not shocked you got away with this one. I could ask you about the center on your team but you have the luxury of having the world wide web at your disposal so testing that out is not really plausible. You could say that you know everything about the Steelers but really being that you have access to wikipedia and other websites again I can't test it out.

I'm still going to be very respectful because I find most of the people on this forums, esp Preacher, to be very cool people. :p

I still think you got away with one because you were in a bar, messing with drunk people and had the luxury of asking the question first. Way to show how cool you are my friend.... heheh



I can honestly say I can name every starter on our team and most of the backups. But in any case, out of 6 of them and NONE could name the starting center.... the guy in every offensive play... well... I dunno.


Ever try talking to a woman about sports? LOL. Try talking to a woman about football thats from Pittsburgh... she will tell you every team in the division, every starter at a skills position, and the results from this season as well as last season.
zsheik22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:11 PM   #7
I-Want-Troy's-Hair
Assistant Coach
 
I-Want-Troy's-Hair's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Riverside, CA -originally Steubenville OH
Posts: 1,450
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2698
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ravens Fans at Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsheik22 View Post
Ever try talking to a woman about sports? LOL. Try talking to a woman about football thats from Pittsburgh... she will tell you every team in the division, every starter at a skills position, and the results from this season as well as last season.
You got that right!!! We Steeler women can talk football with the best of 'em.
__________________
"Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
I-Want-Troy's-Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:12 PM   #8
mentalist
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 6
Member Number: 10959
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ravens Fans at Bar

mentalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:21 PM   #9
KYMDFAN
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 40
Member Number: 11574
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ravens Fans at Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsheik22 View Post
I can honestly say I can name every starter on our team and most of the backups. But in any case, out of 6 of them and NONE could name the starting center.... the guy in every offensive play... well... I dunno.


Ever try talking to a woman about sports? LOL. Try talking to a woman about football that's from Pittsburgh... she will tell you every team in the division, every starter at a skills position, and the results from this season as well as last season.
Actually Chris Chester is used at center in some plays but i'm sure you knew that right :p

I'd like to think i'm pretty knowledgeable about my sports but when i'm drinking and you ask a question off the fly, you may stump me...

I chalk this up to a guy trying to look cool in front of his friends and succeeds but in reality i'm not sure he would be better off if he was on the other side of the question. I don't know I think it is a big pet peeve when people try to discuss their e-peen, even when Ravens fans do it, it annoys me. I got banned from a Ravens board a year ago because some jackoff started discussing how awesome he was... I try to be respectful in my assessment of the situation now. :p
KYMDFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:38 PM   #10
BleedBlacknGold0
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 192
Member Number: 7140
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ravens Fans at Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYMDFAN View Post
I chalk this up to a guy trying to look cool in front of his friends and succeeds but in reality i'm not sure he would be better off if he was on the other side of the question.
I chalk this up to 5 people who love their team enough to wear a $100 dollar jersey and talk crap to me while not knowing who puts the ball in Joe Flacco's hand.

Seriously Im not talking a mix up between LG and RG here. They didnt even know a name! I could be drunk out of my mind and at least be able to throw a linemans name out there.

And I wouldn't ask a question I couldnt answer about the Steelers. That would just be an easy set up for me =)
BleedBlacknGold0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts