Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-13-2009, 12:42 AM   #11
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Re: Ravens Fans at Bar

Yep...

That would be an easy question here.

Mahan!

Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:46 AM   #12
KYMDFAN
Water Boy

Member Number: 11574

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlacknGold0 View Post
I chalk this up to 5 people who love their team enough to wear a $100 dollar jersey and talk crap to me while not knowing who puts the ball in Joe Flacco's hand.

Seriously Im not talking a mix up between LG and RG here. They didnt even know a name! I could be drunk out of my mind and at least be able to throw a linemans name out there.

And I wouldn't ask a question I couldnt answer about the Steelers. That would just be an easy set up for me =)
If they talk trash then I would support you in your endeavor to test their knowledge but you said you called them over. That implies to me that you wanted to show your e-peen and I find it distasteful to pick on people when they have been drinking or try to score points with your friends at other peoples' expenses.

If they didn't know who the starting QB or even the biggest names on the team then there is a problem but I still think Jason Brown is so low-key it can be forgivable. Brown is one of the best Centers that isn't mentioned in my opinion, but on a team with loud personalities I love that he is so quiet.
KYMDFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:46 AM   #13
BleedBlacknGold0
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7140

Mahan was actually one of the only Steelers to make the Pro Bowl this year

BleedBlacknGold0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:49 AM   #14
BleedBlacknGold0
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYMDFAN View Post
If they talk trash then I would support you in your endeavor to test their knowledge but you said you called them over. That implies to me that you wanted to show your e-peen and I find it distasteful to pick on people when they have been drinking or try to score points with your friends at other peoples' expenses.

Did you not read my post? I sat quietly with my friends at my table through an hour and a half of them yelling in my direction about how bad the Steelers suck. If people want to talk crap to me all night to the point where it gets annoying I am going to shut them up

Would you sit around all nite at the bar if somebody called your girlfriend ugly for 2 hours?

BTW If you watch all the games on TV they introduce the starting players. If you dont have the name of your starters drilled into your head after 16 weeks its time to remove your purple jersey and support soccer. Or something.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:52 AM   #15
KYMDFAN
Water Boy

So what you are saying is that you are easily rattled. Someone looks or yells in your direction you take it personal. Then you proceed to "put them in your place" to score points and feel better about yourself. Very mature! You get my vote of most awesome person of the year.

As for the girlfriend thing, my last girlfriend was pretty ugly so I can't get mad if they say the truth.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:59 AM   #16
zsheik22
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9466

Quote:
Did you not read my post? I sat quietly with my friends at my table through an hour and a half of them yelling in my direction about how bad the Steelers suck. If people want to talk crap to me all night to the point where it gets annoying I am going to shut them up

Would you sit around all nite at the bar if somebody called your girlfriend ugly for 2 hours?

BTW If you watch all the games on TV they introduce the starting players. If you dont have the name of your starters drilled into your head after 16 weeks its time to remove your purple jersey and support soccer. Or something.

HORRIBLE analogy. You put people trashing your g/f close to them trashing the steelers?!?!?! Try if someone was murdering your whole family for 2 hours!!!
zsheik22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:59 AM   #17
KYMDFAN
Water Boy

Quote:
There is really no way to test this out on you because you are sitting at your computer. I could ask you who the starting RG on your team is and you can look it up and feel like you accomplished something. You could do the same to me and I have the same luxury. I have to take your word that you are all-knowing.

Also how do you know they watch every game. Hell I'm a Ravens fan but I am lucky to get to see two games a year. I live in Kentucky and well I get a healthy dose of Colts and Titans games. There is also the fact that most football games don't actually show the introduction, I know this because well I work in the broadcasting business. You barely get introductions on CBS, they like to get as much talk in as possible.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:00 AM   #18
zsheik22
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9466

Quote:
So what you are saying is that you are easily rattled. Someone looks or yells in your direction you take it personal. Then you proceed to "put them in your place" to score points and feel better about yourself. Very mature! You get my vote of most awesome person of the year.

As for the girlfriend thing, my last girlfriend was pretty ugly so I can't get mad if they say the truth.

Rattled? He called them over to his table and owned them in privacy. He wins for not acting like a damn chimpanzee and screaming across the bar.
zsheik22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:01 AM   #19
BleedBlacknGold0
Bench Warmer

Yes I was rattled. Rattled bad.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:04 AM   #20
BleedBlacknGold0
Bench Warmer

Quote:
There is also the fact that most football games don't actually show the introduction, I know this because well I work in the broadcasting business. You barely get introductions on CBS, they like to get as much talk in as possible.
WOW you must work for PBS or the radio because most games they put this thing on your in home picture box listing the players who in fact are starting. They generally announce it on the radio as well.