Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 01-13-2009, 12:12 AM   #21
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Ravens Fans at Bar

I guarantee I can name every single starter on O and D on the Steelers. I get a little lost on the Special teams but know some of them. I do know the major backup players' names as well. I will never say I know the whole roster and the practice squad, but real fans should at least know who their starting center is.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:13 AM   #22
KYMDFAN
Water Boy

Member Number: 11574

You mention player introductions right? That implies before they step on the field.

Or are you asking about the Graphics during the first series of the game where very few of them are in detail. Two different parts of the broadcast my friend.
KYMDFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:17 AM   #23
BleedBlacknGold0
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7140

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYMDFAN View Post
You mention player introductions right? That implies before they step on the field.

Or are you asking about the Graphics during the first series of the game where very few of them are in detail. Two different parts of the broadcast my friend.
I meant the player introductions on the TV. I know now youre trying to find a technicality in how I worded my post. Which you did. Whatever broadcasting you do I'm sure youre an expert anyhow. Kudos. And thank you for keeping me up 15 minutes too late tonite.
BleedBlacknGold0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:21 AM   #24
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

HAHA, that's classic, nicely done. Very nice.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:21 AM   #25
KYMDFAN
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlacknGold0 View Post
I meant the player introductions on the TV. I know now youre trying to find a technicality in how I worded my post. Which you did. Whatever broadcasting you do I'm sure youre an expert anyhow. Kudos. And thank you for keeping me up 15 minutes too late tonite.
I have a cold so i'm stuck staying on and trolling many message boards. Kicked my World of Warcraft habit a little too early I think.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:29 AM   #26
I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 10606

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYMDFAN View Post
so you can name every single player on your team when you are not near a computer? I'm not going to be rude but I don't see how this is a "victory" for you.
I do think the Ravens played the Steelers very well in both games but in the fourth quarter we allowed the game to get away. That is as much the Steelers doing as the Ravens D tiring out. We have had a problem with the fourth quarter D in the last half of the season.

Honestly Jason Brown is one of the most low key people in the NFL so really i'm not shocked you got away with this one. I could ask you about the center on your team but you have the luxury of having the world wide web at your disposal so testing that out is not really plausible. You could say that you know everything about the Steelers but really being that you have access to wikipedia and other websites again I can't test it out.

I'm still going to be very respectful because I find most of the people on this forums, esp Preacher, to be very cool people. :p

I still think you got away with one because you were in a bar, messing with drunk people and had the luxury of asking the question first. Way to show how cool you are my friend.... heheh
And you are flexing your e-peen trying to sound you like you are very mature and would never call out an opposing teams fan after they talked shit to you... That is part of the fun in being a fan in trash talking with your rivals.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:35 AM   #27
KYMDFAN
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold View Post
And you are flexing your e-peen trying to sound you like you are very mature and would never call out an opposing teams fan after they talked shit to you... That is part of the fun in being a fan in trash talking with your rivals.
He did his best to make a fool of others to get a reaction from his friends and obviously you guys. That is why he went to all the trouble to post about it. I just find it hilarious that people still have a fifth grade mentality.

I have more fun just talking with people about game, could care less about the trash talking part. I'm not very good at that anyways.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:59 AM   #28
steelman456
Water Boy

Member Number: 11657

dude you kept your kool and outwitted them . it's a smart way to say " kiss ma azz . now go away " cheers don't worry about these fools. it was funny . steeler fanz for life . if i was there i would have bought you a drink steeleres rule .
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlacknGold0 View Post
Did you not read my post? I sat quietly with my friends at my table through an hour and a half of them yelling in my direction about how bad the Steelers suck. If people want to talk crap to me all night to the point where it gets annoying I am going to shut them up

Would you sit around all nite at the bar if somebody called your girlfriend ugly for 2 hours?

BTW If you watch all the games on TV they introduce the starting players. If you dont have the name of your starters drilled into your head after 16 weeks its time to remove your purple jersey and support soccer. Or something.
steelman456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:41 AM   #29
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah

Man I live in Maryland and I am surrounded by Gayvens fans everywhere!!!! And it always seems to me like they are always running their yap until after the game is lost and then all you hear is whimpering as they curl up in the corner of the bar crying in their beer.... Most Baltimoron fans can't name any players unless it is whom the announcers where just talking about!
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:30 AM   #30
Steelers Since '75
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8308

I thought all true fans could name their starters on O and D... that would actually be pretty easy... yes I know all the lineman and most of the backups... my wife knows most of the Steelers starters. Personally I think the way you dissed them was very professional.
Steelers Since '75 is offline   Reply With Quote