Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-13-2009, 06:18 PM   #41
Stover4Prez
Banned

Member Number: 11715
Default Re: Ravens Fans at Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines4ever View Post
I feel your pain my friend.....I too live in South Central Pa....7 miles from the Maryland line.....can't go ANYWHERE without seeing a Raven fan.....I was actually "booed" at the supermarket on Sunday.....I stood out because it was right before the game and I was decked out in my steeler gear.....so I say..."Seriously, you are going to BOO me in a supermarket???" Then in the most condescending tone I could conjure up, I said: "oh, right.....I get it.....you MUST be a Raven's fan." Needless to say....he had no reply!!!!
Really? And you think a guy walking into a supermarket in an Ed Reed jersey and a Ravens coat in Pittsburgh wouldn't get some sort of reaction from people there? Come on. The dude didn't hit you, or key your car. I guess you were insecure or couldn't take a little ribbing? That's what sports are all about.
Stover4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:21 PM   #42
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYMDFAN View Post
So what you are saying is that you are easily rattled. Someone looks or yells in your direction you take it personal. Then you proceed to "put them in your place" to score points and feel better about yourself. Very mature! You get my vote of most awesome person of the year.

As for the girlfriend thing, my last girlfriend was pretty ugly so I can't get mad if they say the truth.
you are trying to win an argument u already lost...
Sharkissle29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:38 PM   #43
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

Thank you thank you.

I will be here all week!!
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:19 PM   #44
Steel Warrior
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2771

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYMDFAN View Post
There is really no way to test this out on you because you are sitting at your computer. I could ask you who the starting RG on your team is and you can look it up and feel like you accomplished something. You could do the same to me and I have the same luxury. I have to take your word that you are all-knowing.

Also how do you know they watch every game. Hell I'm a Ravens fan but I am lucky to get to see two games a year. I live in Kentucky and well I get a healthy dose of Colts and Titans games. There is also the fact that most football games don't actually show the introduction, I know this because well I work in the broadcasting business. You barely get introductions on CBS, they like to get as much talk in as possible.
Sounds like you're a lame bandwagon Rats fan just like the ones he met. "I am lucky to get to see two games a year." Give me a break, get your fat ass motivated and maybe go to a, excuse me, SPORTS BAR! I haven't missed a Steelers game since the 70's and lived in MD, MS, and NY all those years after leaving PA and found ways to see the games. "......two games a year...", that's laughable and shows what a REALLY BIG FAN you are! It's good he punked dudes just like you.
Steel Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:48 PM   #45
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stover4Prez View Post
Really? And you think a guy walking into a supermarket in an Ed Reed jersey and a Ravens coat in Pittsburgh wouldn't get some sort of reaction from people there? Come on. The dude didn't hit you, or key your car. I guess you were insecure or couldn't take a little ribbing? That's what sports are all about.
I really don't think there is a ratbirds fan in Pittsburgh, unless they are there for the game. And from what I've seen, the person in the super market would probably get some evil eyes but many wouldn't even say a word to them. I've also seen plenty of ratbirds fans jump the gun on a little ribbing. Matter of fact, remember one year in Baltimore had some jackass throw a road cone at me - yeah that's what sports are all about.

Stay classy baltimore - you and your fans!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:58 PM   #46
BleedBlacknGold0
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Warrior View Post
Sounds like you're a lame bandwagon Rats fan just like the ones he met. "I am lucky to get to see two games a year." Give me a break, get your fat ass motivated and maybe go to a, excuse me, SPORTS BAR! I haven't missed a Steelers game since the 70's and lived in MD, MS, and NY all those years after leaving PA and found ways to see the games. "......two games a year...", that's laughable and shows what a REALLY BIG FAN you are! It's good he punked dudes just like you.
thats what im saying. I havent missed a game in 10 years and im only 23. whether I found it on the tv, the radio, or a bar Ive always found a way to keep up with the games. Im actually upset since I leave in August for the Army basic training I wont see many games. Thinking about having somebody mail me each weeks results lol.
BleedBlacknGold0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:04 PM   #47
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts

Preacher and I ran into a Ravens fan in the Bettis Grille restroom last year. He was sh*tfaced and pretty much peed himself but seemed like a pretty nice guy. We weren't sure how knowledgeable he was because we really couldn't understand anything he said except for an occasional "mommy!!!!!".

~ 3 Doors Down

Last edited by GBMelBlount; 01-13-2009 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Inserted smiley so as not to upset ravens fans...
GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote