Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-13-2009, 01:15 AM   #1
LambertIsGod58
Team President

Member Number: 410
Default If Ray Lewis is a murderer......

then what do all of you think of Greg Lloyd? Who put a gun in his son's mouth for not doing well in school. And also pointed a gun at his wife's head......I just wonder since I seem to read posts that would make people think we have a clean closet, when we don't.

"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:17 AM   #2
I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 10606
Default Re: If Ray Lewis is a murderer......

Was too young to have heard about that, do you have a link to an article or anything?

Also, that doesn't make it O.K. for Lewis. Kind of like Pats fan's argument that they didn't cheat because "everybody does it".
Old 01-13-2009, 01:18 AM   #3
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

ON second thought. . .

My only question is... couldn't this have been done in the other Stabbit Ray thread?

We only really need one on the forum don't you think?
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:28 AM   #4
LambertIsGod58
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
ON second thought. . .

My only question is... couldn't this have been done in the other Stabbit Ray thread?

We only really need one on the forum don't you think?
Yeah, but with the sanctimonious threads I've been reading I wanted to ensure people had the opportunity to read it.

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO ... GREG LLOYD

Ex-NFL player fights to restore ties with his kids

By JOHN HOLLIS
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 03/31/08

You don't just waltz right into the Oh Do Kwan Martial Arts Center.

Not unless you want to meet intimidating former NFL linebacker Greg Lloyd up close and personal.

Mikki K. Harris/AJC
(ENLARGE)
Greg Lloyd, former linebacker for the Pittsburgh Steelers, works with kids in his tae kwon do class in Fayetteville.

RELATED LINKS:
• Lloyd photos

Previous stories
in this series:

Somewhat mellowed strategist keeps eye on 2010
First 'altruistic' liver donor lives without regrets
After big debate, few Georgia high schools offer Bible classes
Man serving life needed bone marrow transplant
More metro stories

Students are required to bow as a gesture of respect when first entering the building and then again to the American flag before taking to the floor.

"It's a requirement, but it's about respect," said Lloyd, a fourth-degree black belt in tae kwon do who has been teaching at the Fayetteville school since 1998.

"Respect for others and respect for themselves."

That intensity and rigid adherence to the minutest detail is what helped make Lloyd a five-time Pro Bowler during a standout 12-year NFL career spent mostly with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

They're also among the personal characteristics that his ex-wife Rhonda cited when she had Lloyd arrested after accusing him of shoving a gun into his son's mouth in 2001 and of pointing a gun at her head a year later.

Lloyd, a Fort Valley native who first took up tae kwon do in the late 1980s, has insisted the charges were trumped up because of the acrimonious divorce the couple was going through at the time.

He maintains his innocence of all charges.

"I can't stop one woman from being bitter and trying to ruin my life," he said during a recent interview.

Greg Lloyd Jr. was 15 at the time authorities alleged that his father shoved the gun in his mouth as punishment for his poor grades.

His father was tried twice on a charge of aggravated assault, but never convicted.

The elder Lloyd did plead no contest in 2004 to a simple battery charge resulting from the alleged December 2002 incident involving his ex-wife, however. He says he regrets that decision, which he now attributes to poor advice from his attorney at the time.

By then, Rhonda Lloyd already had taken out a restraining order against her ex-husband, so he hasn't seen any of the couple's three children — James, Tiana or Greg Jr. — since 2003.

A ferocious defensive playmaker who helped carry the Steelers to Super Bowl XXX in 1996, Greg Lloyd objects to the assumption by some that he and the person they saw play on the field every Sunday were one and the same.

Football "is a violent game," he said. "It still is a violent game. I made a living from playing football, but that's not who I really am."

Joaquin Bonilla, a fifth-degree black belt who runs the Oh Do Kwan school, knew the entire Lloyd family.

He stuck by the former football player when his legal troubles began.

"It wasn't fair," Bonilla said. "What happened to him was not right, but I was never going to give up on him. I was looking at a guy I knew was innocent."

Even years later, Lloyd, 42, now remarried with two stepchildren, is still going rounds with his ex-wife.

He's still trying to retrieve some of the $80,000 he accuses her of taking from their joint account, not to mention the $12,000 Rolex watch and wedding ring he alleges she also possesses.

Efforts to reach Rhonda Lloyd for this story were unsuccessful.

Steve Harris, her Fayetteville-based attorney, did not return two phone calls seeking comment.

Greg Lloyd hopes to someday cement the fragmented pieces of his own family by first resuming a relationship with his oldest son, who will be a sophomore weakside linebacker this fall at the University of Connecticut.

In the meantime, the once-feared linebacker who was named to the Pittsburgh Steelers' 75th anniversary team last fall continues to make a name for himself.

Only now as "Master Lloyd."

Still physically fit at a sculpted 6 feet 2 inches tall and weighing 242 pounds, Lloyd teaches two classes per week to youngsters who weren't even alive when he first began terrorizing NFL quarterbacks and ball carriers.

He is more father figure than coach, often dispensing life lessons he hopes they will take with them.

Several of his charges were among the school's 18 students who competed at the recent regional tae kwon do championships in Atlanta, winning 12 gold medals while qualifying 17 for this summer's national championships in Madison, Wis.

Lloyd, however, said he wants nothing more than just to eventually put things right with his own family.

"All I want is what's mine," he said. "I want to be left alone, and I want my relationship with my kids."

Old 01-13-2009, 01:34 AM   #5
Preacher
Living Legend

Well,

this is old news... it has even been brought back up and debated here after the Harrison incident.

The problem here, is that he wasn't convicted, nor did he plea out. SO it is very hard to make any determination.

You are better off asking about Harrison, who returned to the scene and admitted his actions.

Personally, only his actions of returning and accepting full responsibility tilted the scales to even wanting him on the team this year.

If he does it again, with ANYONE. I want him gone. Period.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:42 AM   #6
LambertIsGod58
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Well,

this is old news... it has even been brought back up and debated here after the Harrison incident.

The problem here, is that he wasn't convicted, nor did he plea out. SO it is very hard to make any determination.

You are better off asking about Harrison, who returned to the scene and admitted his actions.

Personally, only his actions of returning and accepting full responsibility tilted the scales to even wanting him on the team this year.

If he does it again, with ANYONE. I want him gone. Period.

Lloyd pled no contest to simple battery, which stemmed from the incident with his wife.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:46 AM   #7
Preacher
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertIsGod58 View Post
Lloyd pled no contest to simple battery, which stemmed from the incident with his wife.
Didn't see that, I was thinking about the incident with the kid.

Then I say the same about him if he was playing today. Just because someone plays a sport doesn't mean they are above the law or the common sense of the average person.

The things athletes get away with nowadays is sick. They should be held to the exact same standards every other human is held to.

And I can guarentee you, there are a number of jobs were if you abuse your wife or are involved in a felony, you are fired.

Mine is definitely one of them!
Old 01-13-2009, 02:11 AM   #8
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10642

i had no idea about this.wow....not being in pittsburgh i dont hear alot of steeler news and never heard this........and as far as lewis goes,wasnt convicted,isnt a murderer then....i still believe in innocent until proven gulty as its the american way........and i cant believe the nastiness on that other post about him,but its a steelers board so what do i expect.....but it made me afraid to even post on thier in fear that the steelers lifers on here would rip on me......i think ray is a great player,and if he was a steeler,he would be one the favorites to most of the people that are posting hate on here about him.....its funny,how people doing stubid dances are always on other teams,but when they are on your team you love the dances he does.......like ward,they hate him for smiling,but if he played for thier team they would love him smiling all the time then......anyway lambert god thanks for the thread here,good for you
Quote:
then what do all of you think of Greg Lloyd? Who put a gun in his son's mouth for not doing well in school. And also pointed a gun at his wife's head......I just wonder since I seem to read posts that would make people think we have a clean closet, when we don't.
lambertlunaticfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:24 AM   #9
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Quote:
then what do all of you think of Greg Lloyd? Who put a gun in his son's mouth for not doing well in school. And also pointed a gun at his wife's head....
Well, I think the guy likes guns, duh. Any other questions, rocket scientist?
Old 01-13-2009, 02:51 AM   #10
redst3
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 480

LLyod was off the team when it happened though, right? Lewis was kept on.

Still, your point is well taken. I've seen people defend the Steelers players for things they shouldnt have done in the past. Its disturbing.

Having said all that, for the most part, the Rooneys have had very little tolerance for that over the years.