Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-14-2009, 01:44 PM   #111
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Re: Wanna piss off a Ravens fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreRavens View Post
I cant wait for Sunday. All this nonsense will be put to rest . Those two games are the past. Please keep referring back to them they just pump up ravens players and fans even more!
You think the Steelers don't have something to prove themselves? And I'm sure that all the nonsense on this board is going to make it to the ratbirds HQ and in to the locker room because of what some fans from another team is saying. Really? Are you that gullible?

I remember a few years back when the ratbirds destroyed the Steelers early in the season that come game 2 all the ratbird fans were referring to that game and basing their "going to destroy the steelers again" chants on the first game.

So do us all a favor - go another board!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:47 PM   #112
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by i82much View Post
Sure, that's a reasonable way of looking at it. But who can blame the guy for not wanting to work for Irsay? As it turned out, sad the Colts left but we got a team we love, Cleveland got their team back, and Elway turned out as a great and classy QB. So maybe he was a little profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltery when he was 22.
And though no one knows what would have happened in baltimore should he have played there, it baffles the mind how a 22 year old punk could dictate to the NFL where he wants to play.

I'm sure given the choice between getting a regular 9-5 job or playing in the NFL, he'd rather play for a jerk like Irsay, but that's just my opinion.

Let me ask you this, as a baltimore fan - would you rather have had the colts keep elway in the draft and possibly keep the team in baltimore or the way it worked out?

Old 01-14-2009, 01:51 PM   #113
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,517 Times in 1,529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
And there are many who are pissed off at him for doing such a thing. I've talked to many a fans who feel that because Elway made that stance it really destroyed the team in baltimore. They felt he could have been the second coming of Unitas.

I hated the fact that he didn't play in baltimore. I mean hell, really, when does a player have that much control over who drafts him. For Eli to do it years later only shows the great immaturity on both players behalf. Irsay should have drafted him and let him sit the bench while owning the rights to him as a player.
actually elways other option was to go play baseball.....and if i'm not mistaken, the team only has the players rights for that one year, there's no contract involved, so elway would've only missed one season, then he could sign with anybody.

Quote:
In the 1983 NFL Draft, Elway was selected as the first overall pick by the Baltimore Colts. Elway had, by then, played two summers of minor league baseball for the New York Yankees organization. Additionally, Elway had publicly stated that he refused to join the Colts organization, feeling the team could not allow him to be successful. If they did not trade him he said he was going to play baseball.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:51 PM   #114
i82much
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11562

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
And though no one knows what would have happened in baltimore should he have played there, it baffles the mind how a 22 year old punk could dictate to the NFL where he wants to play.

I'm sure given the choice between getting a regular 9-5 job or playing in the NFL, he'd rather play for a jerk like Irsay, but that's just my opinion.

Let me ask you this, as a baltimore fan - would you rather have had the colts keep elway in the draft and possibly keep the team in baltimore or the way it worked out?
Hard to say, I guess if you could say for sure Colts stay then yeah. But even then we'd have had that jerk for an owner. I can't imagine having Angelos and Irsay at the same time!
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:52 PM   #115
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Quote:
Sorry truck, i just hate how everywhere I hear oh well the last to games factor into this up coming game. You guys should know better then anyone against the colts/bengals in the 2005 season. Playoff football is a whole lot different then season.

SO CHEERS

to a ravens victory

Any knowledable fan knows that the last two games don't factor into the outcome, hell that's why they play the game but for you to come in here thumping your chest that the ratbirds are going to roll in and roll out victoriously is more outlandish. I mean really, what are you basing your decision on? Being a fan? Then what did you think you were going to get on a STEELERS MB? Something like "Oh my the ratbirds are going to kill us, they're so dominating, what are we going to do" threads?

We have every reason to feel good about the ratbirds coming to town and while we can expect the same knock down, drag out, old school football game there is also things out there that give the Steelers a better edge and it begins with, We won the first two games - but there's more. Injuries, home field, QB play in the last games alone, etc.

But I digress, CHEERS to a good game and no injuries

and a STEELERS TRIP TO TAMPA!!!

Old 01-14-2009, 01:56 PM   #116
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,774 Times in 2,937 Posts

ok ravenfans. quick history quiz...

no cheating.

1) ravens first head coach was __________
2) you can list ravens wr's to have a 1000 yard season on one hand. who were they?
3) ravens only 3000 yard passer was? (maybe there were 2)
4) how many steeler quarterbacks have the ravens employed and who were they?

now some history that REALLY matters-

ravens have lost 7 of their last 8 in pittsburgh.

the '00 defending superbowl champs lost their only playoff game vs the steelers where kordell stewart and fuamatu ma'afala humiliated them.

they were so humiliated elvis grbac quit football all together, and walked away from a multi-million dollar contract.

joe flacco will retire in the same fashion.

the ravens will once again hire kordell stewart to be their quarterback.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:58 PM   #117
TeeJay
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 7083

I really miss The Houston Oilers....................
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -- Jack Lambert. Feb '09 - Hell Yeah, they made the Doughnuts
TeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:59 PM   #118
SteelMember
Team Owner

Member Number: 8745

Quote:
Mark this one down , Steelers will lose on sunday and their season will be HISTORY!
You don't frighten us, Purple pig-dogs! Go and boil your bottom, sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called ravens fan, you and all your silly crow k-nnnnniggets. Thpppppt! Thppt! Thppt!

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll
SteelMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:00 PM   #119
BmoreRavens
Water Boy

Member Number: 11753

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
You don't frighten us, Purple pig-dogs! Go and boil your bottom, sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called ravens fan, you and all your silly crow k-nnnnniggets. Thpppppt! Thppt! Thppt!
Gotta respect a good Monty Python moment
BmoreRavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:05 PM   #120
i82much
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11562

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post

1) ravens first head coach was __________
Ted Marchibroda.
2) you can list ravens wr's to have a 1000 yard season on one hand. who were they?
Yamon Figurs.
3) ravens only 3000 yard passer was? (maybe there were 2)
Bert Jones.
4) how many steeler quarterbacks have the ravens employed and who were they?
Johnny U.
Just kidding ;)
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote